Accuen

Updated Aug 17, 2014
Updated Aug 17, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accuen

Media Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accuen.

I had applied online with a resume and was contacted by what I assumed to be HR within a day to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. On the day of the phone interview, I still had not heard from the assumed HR interviewer at 15 minutes past the scheduled time so I called them to see if the time still worked. I reached the interviewer fairly quickly at which point they told me that they were finishing up some things and that they were "getting around to calling me in a little bit." As I am currently still employed and had to do this call in secret (which they knew about), I found the lack of punctuality a little frustrating.

They then proceeded to talk for the remaining time about the position, but at no time really asked me any questions about my experience (current or former) which felt odd. At about five minutes left, they then asked if I thought they would happen to have my resume. Again, I got an odd feeling that they would not bring up that they did not have my resume in front of them until the end of the phone interview. I replied that I had sent it over with my application, but if they need it again I would be happy to send. Honestly, I got the feeling that they may be testing me on something that was reading between the lines, but there really was no way of knowing.

I was then told that I was a finalist for the position and asked if I had a web cam. Assuming that this meant a Skype/FaceTime interview with the hiring manager, I said yes. As it turns out, the invitation was for a "video interview": a one-sided interaction where I answer recorded questions on a webcam with no follow-up questions or interaction with a live person.

At this time, I do not know if I will be continuing with the hiring process as I found the recruitment tactics to not be at the level of professionalism that I would have expected for a company that is connected to such a large, respected agency. It is a shame because from the research I had done on the company online, it otherwise seems like a great place to take your career. However, based on how the company is represented by the interviewer, I did not get a great feeling.

Interview Questions
    • What is a salary you would accept if we were to make an offer?   View Answer

N/A Interview

The interview process was easy and manageable. I was interviewed over the phone and then 2 back to back interviews in person making it easy to sneak away from the current position i held. Everyone was very nice and made the process run smoothly

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accuen in May 2012.

Email correspondence with an HR rep initially to set up an interview. Two in office interviews with two different teams (about four individuals in each team) and one phone interview with head of trading. Whole process took a little less than a month. Each interview had a different feel. Some individuals were casual while others only asked brain teasing questions. Overall the process took a very long time and ultimately didn't produce an offer.

Trading Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accuen in June 2011.

Had an in person interview with the HR, and 2 other people who were managers there. They called me back the same day and invited me for another in person interview the next day. The questions were pretty standard on the first interview and the second interview had some brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions
    • There are 1000 buckets, one of them contains poison, the rest are filled with water. They all look the same. If a pig drinks that poison it will die within in 30 mins. What is the minimum amount of pigs you need to figure out which bucket contains the poison.   View Answers (12)