Accuquote Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accuquote

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Accuquote in January 2015.

Interview

Was totally unprepared for what awaited me when I came in for what I was told was a sit down interview. First the person who I was supposed to be meeting with was no longer with the company (that should have been my first clue) The person who I did meet with kept me waiting 10 minutes with no explanation except that the other person was no longer with the company. Then instead of the interview I was told would occur, I was told I had to pass a typing test, a computer literacy exam, and a phone speaking test. Notice not one thing about my knowledge of insurance in an insurance sales company. Needless to say I walked out after 5 minutes. Frankly, based on what I saw working there and the fact this company keeps responding to all the criticisms on Glassdoor which hints at desperation, I would find somewhere else to work.

Interview Questions

• How did you do with typing in high school?   2 Answers

Accuquote Response

Feb 2, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Computer skills and typing are absolutely critical to the Sales Manager position here at AccuQuote, and with that in mind, we make it a point to inquire about these skills ... More

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accuquote.

Interview

Normal interview process. There was a typing test and a basic computer efficiency test all very easy. Then there was a face to face with one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• You are put through a sales scenario role play with one of the managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none it is the basic 6 month offer for everyone.

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accuquote (Wheeling, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The process was manageable and solid. I was first contacted by someone in HR, and then moved through the process and exposed to different departments and different employees, some of who I would be working with and for (which helped). All involved were professional and responsive. Onboarding process was also smooth and comprehensive.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accuquote (Wheeling, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

There seems to be confusion between HR and the hiring department. Questions about relocation, remote work, salary, etc were always answered with "it depends." I had 2 rounds of phone interviews with the recruiter, and was asked the same basic questions about my background, salary requirements, and career goals both calls. For my writing test, there were no specific details provided about the assignment... and questions weren't answered with anything other than "we want to give you a blank slate to write whatever you want." However, I was later critiqued for not writing for the correct target audience... even though that information or requirement wasn't provided even though I specifically requested it. During the phone panel interview, 3 people were on the call... but only one asked questions. While the questions were relevant to the position, it wasn't an open or comfortable dialog. It felt a little more like an interroragation with people watching behind a two-way mirror.

Software Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accuquote (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Someone from HR called me (20 minutes before the scheduled time, don't know whether it's a trick or what). She started asking about things academic records (past & current), work experiences, projects (they were interested in ColdFusion) and some simple HR qs like what ur goal in coming 5 yrs etc. It lasted about 15 minutes. After the interview she told me that she will contact me within 2 weeks whatever the result is. But 8 months passed, she did never contact me, didn't even send a rejection email. I think that's the basic courtesy we expect from our interviewer [:(]

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of using ColdFusion over VS.Net?   Answer Question