Accuray

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.8

Senior Medical Physicist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accuray.

they reached me by email from recruiter. Recruiter find me from Linkedin. But, my working condition at that time needed sponsoreship. So, we couldn't continue interview process. It is very good company, i wish i worked there.

Medical Technology - SQA II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accuray.

I was contacted by Talent Acquisition recruiter at Accuray on Linkedin. She asked me to submit a resume. I sent a follow up email after 3 days of submitting my resume but I did not hear from the recruiter until 3 weeks later upon another follow up email from me. All she said was the position was filled already. This is for the Madison, WI office.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accuray.

I applied online and it led to two phone screening interviews - one with a recruiter and one with a hiring manager and one multiple person interview. Sometimes knowing why the position is open is an important thing to figure out, but I don't recommend asking this in the interview (as I did). They are being be selective in their interviews, however there are some other things occurring - which I'm not clear on, both the people I interviewed with and the person that left the role would not reveal why the position was open. This impacted my interviewing, as I've had bad experiences in the past with hidden elephants in the room that no one wants to talk about. My guess is that something bad happened and no one wants to talk about it. Also with the different people involved in the process each with their own agenda (some which has not relation to the job) my guess is the position is likely be open for a LONG time. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, same standard format. Describe something you are working on improving (personally).   View Answer

Commissions Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accuray in March 2014.

I applied for the position via posting on linked in. Their recruiter reached out to me then we scheduled a time to talk over the phone. Funny thing is another person from their recruiting team sends me a message (probably because they track who views their ads) asking me if i was interested in the job. Are you serious? Very productive.

Anyways, they were expecting someone to do two jobs and offered the pay of one job. I told them that salary was way below my expectations yet the recruiter suggested i discuss this with the hiring manager. Had the talk with the hiring manager and .....

Systems Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

They are looking for desperate candidates that will settle for low pay. They offer overtime, but still low considering there is 50% travel. And they wonder why they have such a high turn over for this position. More of a technician role.

Interview Questions
    • You have two ropes. Each takes exactly 60 minutes to burn. They are made of different material so even though they take the same amount of time to burn, they burn at separate rates. In addition, each rope burns inconsistently. How do you measure out exactly 45 minutes?   View Answer

Director of Regulatory Affairs - Madison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accuray in July 2012.

I found the open position through my previous manager and applied the same day. I was contacted almost immediately for a telephone interview. It was determined that a on-site interview would be the next step. Two days later I received a VM that the HR person wanting to speak to me. When I called I was attacked instantly with a barrage of claims that I lied in my application and I was actually terminated by my pervious employer. All these claims were false with complete documentation for evidence but he wouldn't allow any rebuttal. I finally requested I be pulled from consideration and hung up. But then he followed with an email continuing the attack. In a way I am thankful this occurred before I joined and not after.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous employer.   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accuray in June 2011.

Directly with manager, professional team.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accuray in September 2010.

Solicited me from a job board. Scheduled a full day of in-person interviews with a marathon of 6-7 interviewers. Everything was filtered through the HR representative and no contact allowed or even interviewers' job titles given per my requests prior to the interview. The HR representative messed up the interview schedule.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer came in the room at 9:15 AM, overtly hostile, yelling "You're late!" I showed her my interview itinerary with 9:15 AM at the top for the first interviewer. This only made her angrier, and a very negative interview followed.   View Answer

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Accuray in February 2008.

phone interview
    on-site interview after phone interview
    meet 4-8 people during the on-site interview
    negotiate salary
    accept offer

Research Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accuray in February 2011.

I saw the ad on Internet job board ( indeed.com) website and applied online. First contact was made email from the hiring manager introducing himself and stating that he wished to schedule a phone interview. I responded and we set up a time to talk. The phone interview was conducted and took about forty five minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe reasons why you would be suitable got for this position?   Answer Question