Accuvant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accuvant in March 2015.

Interview

Not impressed...HR recruiter and the hiring manager weren't on the same page in terms of the position and requirements...I never officially heard back from Accuvant in terms of the position either being filled, discontinued, etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (phone interview)   1 Answer

Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accuvant in August 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I applied online at the end of the week and received a response the following Monday. We scheduled a phone call the next day and they were willing to work around my schedule to prevent issues during work hours. Two technical interviews were quickly scheduled and were also scheduled around my work schedule. Both interviewers were professional and easy to talk to. Instead of asking a lot of specific questions, they did a good job of creating conversation to determine your knowledge and letting you speak on your own. When asked questions, they seemed to answer honestly and provided good feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for performing an upgrade on Check Point or Palo Alto?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had some special circumstances regarding pre-scheduled vacation and non-conflicting consulting. With some discussion, we were able to agree on modified terms that would allow me to continue with my pre-scheduled vacation and non-conflicting consulting.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accuvant.

Interview

I went through four interviews: HR, hiring manager, Panel - up to 6 participants, and the Director. These were all on the phone as many folks are in different cities across the US. No dressing up or getting nervous. Once the interviews were completed I received a call offering me the position where I had a chance to negotiate different aspects of the package. It was really nice that everything was done on line or on the phone.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly it was a 'fit' interview. As in do I fit into the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Accuvant (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview/hiring process was extremely fast paced initially. However, it became mired with unknown delays. In retrospect they were lining me up for a client and needed the client to agree before they could put me on the books.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a decent package. The benefits were solid.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accuvant (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a "recruiter", stating I was a perfect "fit" for the available position. Having reviewed the job description with him, I asked specific questions about the position, its requirements, and the experience level of a qualified candidate, I too felt this was the perfect opportunity for me. I agreed to a telephone interview with the hiring manager. The next day, I was provided with a long-distance number to call (no toll-free number?) and spoke with the manager at the appointed time. I wasn't provided an opportunity to provide an overview of my specific qualifications, but, was asked one-or-two questions. After 15 minutes, I could tell by the manager's tenor, that I wasn't being given serious consideration for the job. In fact, I had a clear feeling this manager already had someone hand-picked for it, and the manager was simply going through the motions of following the hiring procedure. Please allow me to point out that I am an expert in my field, and possess full credentials for the specific area in which the engagement would cover. Yet I was told I was unqualified. I asked why, and I was told I have no hands-on experience for provisioning the systems involved. At no time was provisioning covered in the job description, nor was it covered in my discussion with the HR recruiter. If provisioning was such a major requirement for the job, why is this called a consulting position and not a technican for hire under contract, and why was that not covered in the job description? This amounts to inappropriate misrepresentation of the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• How long were you in your latest position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any provisioning experience?   1 Answer