Ace Hardware

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Cedar Park, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was an easy interview.She was kind.

Interview Question – Can you sell gifts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Guest Service Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was much different back then. I came in for one interview with the store manager. We sat and talked about my previous work history. Any customer service skills I might have. experience with hardware. experience handling money.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions - "tell me what you would do if......Tell me about a time when   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was looking for a job with flexible hours because I was in college and needed a part-time job. I was directed by a friend who works for a family owned hardware store and decided to give it a shot. Actually, I was helping him out with a project when the owner came in and liked my shop skills. He basically hired me on the spot without conducting an official interview. I am now management.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Temporary Human Resources Assistant Interview

Arlington, TX

I interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview- very nice, off the cuff

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table   Answer Question

Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview Details – Talked to both managers. One about knowledge of hardware and landscaping. I knew quite a bit because my father is a landscaper. I grew up helping him and that is how I met this manager at this particular Ace. It was the only hardware for miles. You need to be able to lift 10+lbs because they sell concrete, wood, and many other things that sometimes customers need help getting in to their cars. The other manager (his wife), I talked to her about how to handle customers, the phone and POS. I became their cashier BUT I also re-stocked when the trucks came in weekly, loaded cars, cut keys, filled chlorine containers, helped customers find what they need (gave recommendations) and answered the phone. This job, even to this day, has been my favorite. I knew the customers by name and my managers gave me the chance to prove myself at such a young age. It was an amazing learning experience.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth and fast. Someone called me back a few days after I applied. The interview was casual and stress free. All the employees were very friendly.

Interview Question – My interviewer asked me if I knew who tom cruise was...   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Ace Hardware

Interview Details – two interviews pretty basic questions

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Carlinville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview Details – I was interviewed to be a cashier. was asked what work I had done before at other jobs. then asked if I had any questions about this store. then within a week if I got a phone call I would be hired if I didn't get a phone call I would not be getting hired.

Interview Question – there really wasn't one interview only lasted I would say maybe 5 mins.   Answer Question

Replenishment Planner Interview

Replenishment Planner
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ace Hardware in September 2013.

Interview Details – I initially met the Ace team at our career fair on our campus back in August. Both representatives were extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. After talking with them for a few minutes they asked if I would be willing to do an interview the following morning. After that interview I was told I would hear back with the next steps in the process shortly. About a week later I was invited to their Oak Brook campus and had two interviews with 2 members of their replenishment team. Great overall experience.

Interview Question – What was the most stressful situation you have ever encountered?   Answer Question

Senior Inventory Accountant/Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Ace Hardware

Interview Details – Brief phone interview mainly discussed how I handle inventory process reporting. Also the Sap competencies I have attained including reports and transaction code proficiencies.

Interview Question – Describe most difficult situation I had to deal with?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ace Hardware

Worked for Ace Hardware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ace Hardware interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ace Hardware employees and interview candidates.