Ace Hardware

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.0

Cashier Interview

All 3 managers sat in the room and all of them interviewed me at the same time, they had me identify basic tools then sent me out of the room while they decided

Interview Questions
    • They had me Identify some tools, It wasn't that hard, it was like a wrench and a bolt and a screw, Just the basics which you should know if your going to work at a hardware store.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

There was no interview. I filled out an application and was asked to start as soon as possible. No offer was made at the time. I was just needed very badly to come in and help.

There was no negotiation. I was hired without an offer and asked repeatedly to talk about the pay. The manager avoided me and left the store early constantly and I didn't find out what I was making until I got my first paycheck.

Retail Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware in October 2014.

Applied online, was contacted a couple of weeks later by the store manager. Interviewed with Store Manager and HR Representative. Asked standard interview questions about what I do, what I am going to school for, where I live, reliable transportation, how I have handled customers in the past, etc.
    A week after the initial interview, received an email asking to complete an online customer service course, which was very easy, but took almost an hour to complete. After completion of the online course, called store manager back who set up a second interview with himself and the Regional/District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most difficult customer service situation you have dealt with that involved an upset or irate customer?"   Answer Question

Facilities/Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware.

The interview process was long. It took 6 weeks with several interviews with local management and a corporate phone interview. The process was thorough and I needed to pass a drug screen, background and credit check.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over internal candidates?   View Answer
    quick. they offered 65k per year, I wanted 70K we settled on $67,500.

Supply Chian Replenishment Planning Interview

Pretty straight forward phone interview where a woman asked about my resume and asked about how my skills would work with the job. She was very friendly during the interview and told me that she would let me know about a potential in-person interview within a week. I got an email a couple days later saying that she regretted to say they were going forward with different candidates although I was very qualified

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you used analytics to solve a problem   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ace Hardware.

Talked to both managers. One about knowledge of hardware and landscaping. I knew quite a bit because my father is a landscaper. I grew up helping him and that is how I met this manager at this particular Ace. It was the only hardware for miles. You need to be able to lift 10+lbs because they sell concrete, wood, and many other things that sometimes customers need help getting in to their cars. The other manager (his wife), I talked to her about how to handle customers, the phone and POS. I became their cashier BUT I also re-stocked when the trucks came in weekly, loaded cars, cut keys, filled chlorine containers, helped customers find what they need (gave recommendations) and answered the phone. This job, even to this day, has been my favorite. I knew the customers by name and my managers gave me the chance to prove myself at such a young age. It was an amazing learning experience.

Cashier Interview

two interviews pretty basic questions

Replenishment Planner Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2014.

First contact was at my school's career fair. Started a conversation with one of the three recruiters and was asked to come back the following day for an on-campus interview. Did not get word back for about a month, received a call from HR asking to come in for an on-site interview sometime during the week. Did so. Had an interview with a human resources representative who just asked mostly behavioral question, figuring out who I was. After that, I had a meeting with the head manager of Inventory, same questions, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think your GPA accurately reflects who you are?   Answer Question
    Internships and entry level offers, unless you have some crazy rare skill, there's very little ability to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlinville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Carlinville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ace Hardware.

I was interviewed to be a cashier. was asked what work I had done before at other jobs. then asked if I had any questions about this store. then within a week if I got a phone call I would be hired if I didn't get a phone call I would not be getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't one interview only lasted I would say maybe 5 mins.   Answer Question

Senior Inventory Accountant/Analyst Interview

Brief phone interview mainly discussed how I handle inventory process reporting. Also the Sap competencies I have attained including reports and transaction code proficiencies.