Ace Hardware

1.9

Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

interviewed at Ace Hardware in June 2013.

Initial contact at career fair. Sent a follow up e-mail but didn't receive an email back for an interview for about a month. Interview was fair. It was about two hours with two groups of two people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an idea to change a process.   Answer Question

Program Manager of Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware in May 2013.

I applied online and within a couple of weeks I had an interview set up with HR. After that interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. When I arrived, HR met with me first, asked me a couple of questions and even told me she does this to help calm any nerves that a candidate might have before they actually meet with the hiring manager. She then shared some background about the hiring manager which might be useful for the interview. Then I met with the hiring manager and we talked for around 1.5 hours (much longer than I had expected, which led me to believe that the interview went very well). I will say that the hiring manager actually talked more than I did ... which later on I feel was a detriment for me. I was told this job was only set up for two interviews (unlike a prior 3-interview process for a different position). After a bit, I checked back in with HR and was told they were pursuing a different candidate.

I really loved the corporate culture that I experienced during this interview process. I was made to feel welcome and not just 'another candidate'. I would reapply for an open position I'm qualified for in a heart beat.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your background (mostly CPG) fits with the type of position requirements that are needed here.   View Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ace Hardware.

The hiring process was pretty easy going. I applied for the job and two days later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. The HR manager and store manager had a few questions for me, and they brought the outside sales manager on the phone via speaker phone to ask me some more questions. They liked me, I liked the job, so we went over scheduling and had my orientation the next day. That following Monday I was working!

Interview Questions
    • Explaining what had happened at a company I worked for before.   Answer Question
    Quite easy. I needed a job as quickly as possible and they needed someone who knew Wichita, KS well as quickly as possible.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Simple phone interview followed by two interviews with hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult here, just basic situational questions. Just make sure to have a basic understanding of how their business operates.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for this internship.

Temporary Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2013.

Initial Phone Interview- very nice, off the cuff

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware in August 2012.

Phone interview with HR. In person interview with two managers on team.

Interview Questions
    • HR representative asked all the generic interview questions that are irrelevant to the position and annoying to answer. Sat on the table hovering over me in an authoritative position that was also annoying and condescending.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

I knew someone who worked at the store, so I got an interview on the spot when I turned in my application. They just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. Nothing to difficult.

Interview Questions
    I told them what I wanted and they told me the most they could give me. It wasn't what I wanted, but it wasn't too far off.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

The hiring process was very smooth and fast. Someone called me back a few days after I applied. The interview was casual and stress free. All the employees were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me if I knew who tom cruise was...   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

It was an easy interview.She was kind.

Straight forward

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2012.

The recruiter did not fit the hiring job to my skills and I was overqualified for the position.