Ace Hardware Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ace Hardware in September 2013.

I initially met the Ace team at our career fair on our campus back in August. Both representatives were extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. After talking with them for a few minutes they asked if I would be willing to do an interview the following morning. After that interview I was told I would hear back with the next steps in the process shortly. About a week later I was invited to their Oak Brook campus and had two interviews with 2 members of their replenishment team. Great overall experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful situation you have ever encountered?   Answer Question

Senior Inventory Accountant/Analyst Interview

Brief phone interview mainly discussed how I handle inventory process reporting. Also the Sap competencies I have attained including reports and transaction code proficiencies.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ace Hardware in July 2009.

Got a call back, then interviewed with a supervisor and manager from hr.

None, if you take the job it's a set wage for all new hires.

Program Manager of Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ace Hardware in May 2013.

I applied online and within a couple of weeks I had an interview set up with HR. After that interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. When I arrived, HR met with me first, asked me a couple of questions and even told me she does this to help calm any nerves that a candidate might have before they actually meet with the hiring manager. She then shared some background about the hiring manager which might be useful for the interview. Then I met with the hiring manager and we talked for around 1.5 hours (much longer than I had expected, which led me to believe that the interview went very well). I will say that the hiring manager actually talked more than I did ... which later on I feel was a detriment for me. I was told this job was only set up for two interviews (unlike a prior 3-interview process for a different position). After a bit, I checked back in with HR and was told they were pursuing a different candidate.

I really loved the corporate culture that I experienced during this interview process. I was made to feel welcome and not just 'another candidate'. I would reapply for an open position I'm qualified for in a heart beat.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your background (mostly CPG) fits with the type of position requirements that are needed here.   View Answer

Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

interviewed at Ace Hardware in June 2013.

Initial contact at career fair. Sent a follow up e-mail but didn't receive an email back for an interview for about a month. Interview was fair. It was about two hours with two groups of two people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an idea to change a process.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Not that great. i wish it could have gone better but I guess I didn't have what they wanted. It's a shame but I wish it was managed better as well.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

I knew someone who worked at the store, so I got an interview on the spot when I turned in my application. They just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. Nothing to difficult.

Interview Questions
    I told them what I wanted and they told me the most they could give me. It wasn't what I wanted, but it wasn't too far off.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ace Hardware in June 2013.

Walked in completed application to store owner; was in for personal interview about 2 weeks later- interview consisted basically of few specific questions regarding my work in sales and if I had any specific hardware knowledge and the like. 20 minutes duration.

was able to start at pay just slghtly above min. wage

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willow Street, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Street, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2010.

Interviewed and was hired

Interview Questions
    Was told that there would be reviews and raises but there isn't

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2009.

Asked me to describe myself in 3 words. Asked me about my education and what I enjoy.