Ace Hardware Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ace Hardware (Carlinville, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed to be a cashier. was asked what work I had done before at other jobs. then asked if I had any questions about this store. then within a week if I got a phone call I would be hired if I didn't get a phone call I would not be getting hired.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't one interview only lasted I would say maybe 5 mins.   Answer Question

Senior Inventory Accountant/Analyst Interview

Interview

Brief phone interview mainly discussed how I handle inventory process reporting. Also the Sap competencies I have attained including reports and transaction code proficiencies.

Replenishment Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I initially met the Ace team at our career fair on our campus back in August. Both representatives were extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. After talking with them for a few minutes they asked if I would be willing to do an interview the following morning. After that interview I was told I would hear back with the next steps in the process shortly. About a week later I was invited to their Oak Brook campus and had two interviews with 2 members of their replenishment team. Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most stressful situation you have ever encountered?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not that great. i wish it could have gone better but I guess I didn't have what they wanted. It's a shame but I wish it was managed better as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ace Hardware (Oceanside, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Walked in completed application to store owner; was in for personal interview about 2 weeks later- interview consisted basically of few specific questions regarding my work in sales and if I had any specific hardware knowledge and the like. 20 minutes duration.

Negotiation

was able to start at pay just slghtly above min. wage

Replenishment Planner Interview

Application

interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial contact at career fair. Sent a follow up e-mail but didn't receive an email back for an interview for about a month. Interview was fair. It was about two hours with two groups of two people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an idea to change a process.   Answer Question

Program Manager of Consumer Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of weeks I had an interview set up with HR. After that interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. When I arrived, HR met with me first, asked me a couple of questions and even told me she does this to help calm any nerves that a candidate might have before they actually meet with the hiring manager. She then shared some background about the hiring manager which might be useful for the interview. Then I met with the hiring manager and we talked for around 1.5 hours (much longer than I had expected, which led me to believe that the interview went very well). I will say that the hiring manager actually talked more than I did ... which later on I feel was a detriment for me. I was told this job was only set up for two interviews (unlike a prior 3-interview process for a different position). After a bit, I checked back in with HR and was told they were pursuing a different candidate.

I really loved the corporate culture that I experienced during this interview process. I was made to feel welcome and not just 'another candidate'. I would reapply for an open position I'm qualified for in a heart beat.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background (mostly CPG) fits with the type of position requirements that are needed here.   1 Answer

Facility Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ace Hardware in May 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personal Interview with Management Team, Follow Up Phone Interview. Very pleasant experience during all steps of the interview, although looking back it may have been to pleasant and comfortable of an experience. The management culture ended up being quiet different than expected,

Interview Questions

• Can I communicate with both upper Management and Hourly Employees at their individual levels?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ace Hardware (Wichita, KS).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty easy going. I applied for the job and two days later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. The HR manager and store manager had a few questions for me, and they brought the outside sales manager on the phone via speaker phone to ask me some more questions. They liked me, I liked the job, so we went over scheduling and had my orientation the next day. That following Monday I was working!

Interview Questions

• Explaining what had happened at a company I worked for before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite easy. I needed a job as quickly as possible and they needed someone who knew Wichita, KS well as quickly as possible.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Simple phone interview followed by two interviews with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult here, just basic situational questions. Just make sure to have a basic understanding of how their business operates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this internship.