Ace Hardware Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.0

Stocker Interview

Interview

There was no interview. I filled out an application and was asked to start as soon as possible. No offer was made at the time. I was just needed very badly to come in and help.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was hired without an offer and asked repeatedly to talk about the pay. The manager avoided me and left the store early constantly and I didn't find out what I was making until I got my first paycheck.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prince George, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Prince George, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I actually was scheduled for an agility fitness test, which i passed then i was asked was i willing to work there as a second shift material handler (forklift operator) then an on site drug screen after which i was make a job offer had an interview with the second shift Supervisor and Warehouse Manager then make an official job offer with salary and shift working days and times and orientation day, which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Did i have a problem with 10+ hours shifts or working overtime which would mean coming in on Sunday morning?   1 Answer

Retail Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a couple of weeks later by the store manager. Interviewed with Store Manager and HR Representative. Asked standard interview questions about what I do, what I am going to school for, where I live, reliable transportation, how I have handled customers in the past, etc. A week after the initial interview, received an email asking to complete an online customer service course, which was very easy, but took almost an hour to complete. After completion of the online course, called store manager back who set up a second interview with himself and the Regional/District Manager.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most difficult customer service situation you have dealt with that involved an upset or irate customer?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

The interview process was long. It took 6 weeks with several interviews with local management and a corporate phone interview. The process was thorough and I needed to pass a drug screen, background and credit check.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over internal candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick. they offered 65k per year, I wanted 70K we settled on $67,500.

Supply Chian Replenishment Planning Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward phone interview where a woman asked about my resume and asked about how my skills would work with the job. She was very friendly during the interview and told me that she would let me know about a potential in-person interview within a week. I got an email a couple days later saying that she regretted to say they were going forward with different candidates although I was very qualified

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you used analytics to solve a problem   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Renton, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview for Ace Hardware wasn't overly different from any retail style interview. Interviewing for a supervisor/management positions I expected to meet and interview with the store manager and wasn't disappointed. I interviewed first with the assistant manager who then referred me to the store manager. The majority of the process was done with the assistant and meeting the store manager was more to see if he liked me it felt like. Over all the process took about 3 days and the store manager job offered me the next day on the phone.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have dealing with construction and home improvement?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakdale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

went over application, did a short questioner, took a short math test and they asked me a few questions. they asked me a few things about hardware. I was asked of I knew anything about paint and other items the have in there store.

Interview Questions

• what I would do if I knew another employee was stealing   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? if I knew anything about hardware.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Wooster, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

There was one phone interview then a online test after that the next two interviews are in person with two corporate managers interviewing you. Ace is a Franchise, Depending on the Owners it could be different from my interviews. The owners of the Ace franchise I work for is The Buehler family under E&H Hardware.

Interview Questions

• On both interviews, They will basically Ask you tell them about your experience with the companies you listed on your resume. Start off with the oldest and work your way up to to the present.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Talked to both managers. One about knowledge of hardware and landscaping. I knew quite a bit because my father is a landscaper. I grew up helping him and that is how I met this manager at this particular Ace. It was the only hardware for miles. You need to be able to lift 10+lbs because they sell concrete, wood, and many other things that sometimes customers need help getting in to their cars. The other manager (his wife), I talked to her about how to handle customers, the phone and POS. I became their cashier BUT I also re-stocked when the trucks came in weekly, loaded cars, cut keys, filled chlorine containers, helped customers find what they need (gave recommendations) and answered the phone. This job, even to this day, has been my favorite. I knew the customers by name and my managers gave me the chance to prove myself at such a young age. It was an amazing learning experience.

Cashier Interview

Interview

two interviews pretty basic questions