Ace Hardware

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was looking for a job with flexible hours because I was in college and needed a part-time job. I was directed by a friend who works for a family owned hardware store and decided to give it a shot. Actually, I was helping him out with a project when the owner came in and liked my shop skills. He basically hired me on the spot without conducting an official interview. I am now management.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview Details – Talked to both managers. One about knowledge of hardware and landscaping. I knew quite a bit because my father is a landscaper. I grew up helping him and that is how I met this manager at this particular Ace. It was the only hardware for miles. You need to be able to lift 10+lbs because they sell concrete, wood, and many other things that sometimes customers need help getting in to their cars. The other manager (his wife), I talked to her about how to handle customers, the phone and POS. I became their cashier BUT I also re-stocked when the trucks came in weekly, loaded cars, cut keys, filled chlorine containers, helped customers find what they need (gave recommendations) and answered the phone. This job, even to this day, has been my favorite. I knew the customers by name and my managers gave me the chance to prove myself at such a young age. It was an amazing learning experience.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth and fast. Someone called me back a few days after I applied. The interview was casual and stress free. All the employees were very friendly.

Interview Question – My interviewer asked me if I knew who tom cruise was...   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Ace Hardware

Interview Details – Not that great. i wish it could have gone better but I guess I didn't have what they wanted. It's a shame but I wish it was managed better as well.

Interview Question – what would you do with $100   Answer Question

Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ace Hardware in June 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in completed application to store owner; was in for personal interview about 2 weeks later- interview consisted basically of few specific questions regarding my work in sales and if I had any specific hardware knowledge and the like. 20 minutes duration.

Negotiation Details – was able to start at pay just slghtly above min. wage

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2009.

Interview Details – filled out simple application and was called days later. Very simple interview nothing to worry about.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – How does 9.00 sound?

Chapel Hill, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with manager while shopping and scheduled an interview.

Interview Question – Reason for gap in employment?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was offered a full time position at another company.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ace Hardware in October 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was quite simple. The owner of the store asked me basic questions about myself to see if I would be a good fit. We talked about my current experience and weather or not I was qualified for the job. I was then hired at the end of the interview and began to be explained store policy.

Dover, DE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ace Hardware in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the manager to review job. Basic questions. Nothing over the top.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2007.

Interview Details – I filled out app and asked to speak with manager. i spoke to asst manager and was told that they would call me. next day i called asking they said to just wait a few days. i called a few days later and got nothing. A week later I finally got a call and went in next day for interview. I went through the regular questions and mainly they focused on my background in landscaping. I figured i would get on but never heard anything.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ace Hardware

Worked for Ace Hardware? Contribute to the Community!