Ace Hardware Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ace Hardware.

Talked to both managers. One about knowledge of hardware and landscaping. I knew quite a bit because my father is a landscaper. I grew up helping him and that is how I met this manager at this particular Ace. It was the only hardware for miles. You need to be able to lift 10+lbs because they sell concrete, wood, and many other things that sometimes customers need help getting in to their cars. The other manager (his wife), I talked to her about how to handle customers, the phone and POS. I became their cashier BUT I also re-stocked when the trucks came in weekly, loaded cars, cut keys, filled chlorine containers, helped customers find what they need (gave recommendations) and answered the phone. This job, even to this day, has been my favorite. I knew the customers by name and my managers gave me the chance to prove myself at such a young age. It was an amazing learning experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Ace Hardware

Sales Associate Interview

Not that great. i wish it could have gone better but I guess I didn't have what they wanted. It's a shame but I wish it was managed better as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ace Hardware in June 2013.

Walked in completed application to store owner; was in for personal interview about 2 weeks later- interview consisted basically of few specific questions regarding my work in sales and if I had any specific hardware knowledge and the like. 20 minutes duration.

was able to start at pay just slghtly above min. wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2012.

The hiring process was very smooth and fast. Someone called me back a few days after I applied. The interview was casual and stress free. All the employees were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me if I knew who tom cruise was...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ace Hardware in October 2010.

My interview was quite simple. The owner of the store asked me basic questions about myself to see if I would be a good fit. We talked about my current experience and weather or not I was qualified for the job. I was then hired at the end of the interview and began to be explained store policy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a customer that looks like "they are lost"?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the even you witnessed shoplifting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2010.

I was looking for a job with flexible hours because I was in college and needed a part-time job. I was directed by a friend who works for a family owned hardware store and decided to give it a shot. Actually, I was helping him out with a project when the owner came in and liked my shop skills. He basically hired me on the spot without conducting an official interview. I am now management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2010.

Spoke with manager while shopping and scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

Was offered a full time position at another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ace Hardware in March 2010.

Met with the manager to review job. Basic questions. Nothing over the top.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ace Hardware in April 2009.

filled out simple application and was called days later. Very simple interview nothing to worry about.

How does 9.00 sound?

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2007.

I filled out app and asked to speak with manager. i spoke to asst manager and was told that they would call me. next day i called asking they said to just wait a few days. i called a few days later and got nothing. A week later I finally got a call and went in next day for interview. I went through the regular questions and mainly they focused on my background in landscaping. I figured i would get on but never heard anything.