Acer UK Customer Services Advisor Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acer UK

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acer UK in November 2010.

The interviewer started by telling me she was very interested in my CV, and asked me questions about my work history and what I felt my greatest strengths were. All standard stuff really. However she didn't do much to check that I was really suitable for the company. My interview only lasted 15 minutes and her last question was "we have a lot of unhappy customers, do you think you can handle that?" A more appropriate question would have been "tell me about a time when you dealt with a very unhappy customer, what did you do to turn him/her around!" As the first question will inevitably draw a "yes" from the interviewee who wants you to employ him/her! The second one which I've suggested will tell you if someone really knows how to handle difficult customers in the way your company wants them to or not. When I answered "yes" to that she replied, "well I've got no problem in offering you a position" then we shook hands and I accepted her job offer. Before I'd even started working for them they promised me the earth in terms of promotion opportunities too, which I shouldn't have taken too much notice of.

Interview Questions
  • We have a lot of unhappy customers, do you think you can handle that?   View Answer
This was really poor. They wanted me to start the next week and I went to my current employer who would normally have needed more notice, but let me go. A day after I'd handed in my notice to my current employer (which was a permanent post!) I got paperwork in the post from Acer stating it was a fixed-term contract for four months to see how I went, then it would be renewed if they were happy with me. Whilst I know all positions are probationary for the first few months this should have been made clear to me. I was not happy I'd chucked in the permanent job I had, although I wasn't too happy there, for a fixed-term contract. I then found out later it was the "probationary before the probationary!" They take you on a fixed-term contract first, then give you a permanent contract which is probationary for the first 3 months, so you end up doing 6-7 months on probation. When I got there, it turned out I wasn't the type of person they wanted at all. Although I could stand up to unhappy customers I also saw things from their point of view and wanted to help them. It turned out they wanted me to just act like a factory operative processing as many calls as possible, not caring whether their customers were satisfied. I didn't stay and going here was a big career mistake for me. My advice to anyone else considering an offer would be - do you really think you can't do better elsewhere? Avoid this company at all costs; they hire and fire too easily and they can do serious damage to your CV.