Achievement First

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

3.4

Elementary ICT Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Achievement First in January 2015.

I sent my application- both Part 1 and 2 of the application. I received an email within a day or two expressing interest, asking to follow up with a phone interview. We set up a date for the phone interview. At the end of our conversation, the representative invited me for a finalist day in-person interview where I would teach a 20 minute demo lesson. Within a week after my demo lesson at a given school, I received an email declining to offer me any position at Achievement First.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you have done?

What was the hardest thing you have done?

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Achievement First.

!st interview- phone interview with recruiter, she asked basic questions and was friendly. After asking her questions about her job i realized it wasn't the right fit for me.
    2nd interview- face to face interview declined more interested in another company

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions, Recruiter wants to get to know you and how well you will fit within the companies culture.   Answer Question

Teacher-In-Residence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Achievement First.

I applied for this job and within two days I was contacted to schedule an over the phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the school the next day for an interview with the school staff, AF recruiter and a tour of the school. The tour took up the first 45 minutes of the interview. Then I had a two 45 minute interview with the principal & other school staff and then with the recruiter. Interview was really tough. I was asked to do a teaching demo, classroom management etc. In total it took about 3 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest thing you have ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Elementary School Teacher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Achievement First.

Phone Interview and demo lesson/debrief. They are looking for you to teach the way they want you to and be incredibly open to feedback. A lot of self reflection. They want type A personalities who will rise to the occasion, took about 3 weeks to be hired. Finally, want moldable people.

Non-negotiable

Immediate Elementary School Teacher Interview

I applied online and was informed via an email that I would hear back within a week about the next step. I received an email exactly one week later letting me that I had not been selected. However, one of my references told me that they had been asked to fill out an online reference form, though I had never been contacted.

Behavior Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Achievement First in September 2014.

I applied online and I had a one way interview that I completed online. The one way interview consisted of me recording my answers to 9 questions and sending my response in.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you had to face? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Elementary School Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Achievement First.

I applied to Achievement First which was a very long application. I then received an email that asked when they I would be available for a phone interview. The questions in the interview were interesting and I could tell from the women asking them that they were looking for one answer and that was the only answer they would be willing to accept. She said I would hear via email within 48 hours what the next steps would be. 72 hours later I heard with a very generic email that wasn't addressed to anyone- I believe this is incredibly unprofessional and wouldn't have decided to work here even if the email was offering me the next step.

Teacher-In-Residence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Achievement First in August 2014.

I initially applied on a Tuesday and by that Thursday I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter for the following Monday. We spoke for about 30 minutes on the phone interview. And by Wednesday I received another email to inviting me for the Finalist Day at the designated school. I gave them 3 dates(which were all the next week) and I went in that following Wednesday. The recruiter took me on a tour of the school and I sat in on classes, observed and took notes. After the tour I was interviewed by the recruiter and a school leader. They asked me several questions about my strengths and weaknesses. We also did several scenarios related to behavioral issues. After that I interviewed with the principal who was just such a delight and conveyed true passion for his job. He too asked me re-enact some situations and also asked me some questions and I was able to ask him questions as well. We were talking so much we went over time. By the next morning I received a call from the principal.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like while you were observing our school and system this morning?   Answer Question

Elementary School Music Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Achievement First in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed on the phone. She then invited me in for a demo lesson. After my demo lesson, I met with the principal, and then had a follow up interview with him on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to call your current employer, what would he/she say is your weakest link?   Answer Question

Special Education Coordinator Interview

Very positive. Encouraging. Sounds like a great place to work with high standards for the students. I was contacted immediately with a request for a teaching video. Being that I do not have a prerecorded video and it is summer, I am not sure I will be able to meet that request.