Achievers

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Achievers in July 2012.

Saw a posting on LinkedIn, went for it and got a phone interview with a recruiter from the Toronto office on July 4th.

Phone screening went well and moved onto meeting with the director of the Boston office. He was really laid back and made me feel at ease, very straight to the point which I appreciated. Since the Boston office only had 7 people, it was a top priority that everyone got along well and so I suggested a job shadowing with the one other ISR there. He thought that was a great idea, but the recruiter wanted to give me another interview before they invested more time with me.

So, I had another phone interview, but this was all behavioral questions with the inside sales team lead over in Toronto. She was awesome and very patient when I took a few moments to answer her questions. I got the clear from her and I scheduled a time with the recruiter for the job shadowing.

Finally, on the day of the job shadowing I found out I wouldn't be alone on the job shadow. There was another kid whose mom was friends with the director and he had just recently graduated from college. For the job shadowing the ISR didn't reserve a room to do calls in, so for the next hour or so we were just skipping around conference rooms because we kept getting kicked out of the rooms from people who had reserved them ahead of time.

So fast forward an hour later and he asked us what we thought about the job so far. I told him I am ready to do this but the other kid said he didn't think he could do something like this, politely asked to leave and be taken out of the running.
After he left, we went to another conference room but this room didn't have a phone and the service in their was pretty shoddy. So the ISR had to use his cell phone but his calls kept getting disconnected or the prospect couldn't hear him. After 20 minutes he decided to just start looking on LinkedIn for new prospects and I just sat there staring at the wall. This was when I decided I should head out because I had taken time off work and realized it wouldn't be very productive to just sit there. I asked if I could see the director before I left but he said he was in meetings back to back so I headed back to work.
Sent an email to the director and the recruiter telling them I was still very interested in this position and I looked forward to talking to them again.

A week went by with no communication from Achievers before I decided to email the recruiter and see what was going on. She quickly replied and apologized telling me she had emailed me after the job shadowing but something must have happened since I didn't receive anything. Basically didn't get it because they didn't think I was right for the role long term.

Really disappointed because they seemed like an awesome company and I thought I would be a good fit, but my guess is I didn't click with the ISR.

All in all, it's a great company with amazing potential. Even though I didn't get the job I still got a lot of experience interviewing nonetheless. Will try again later on in my career, but for their San Francisco location this time, might have better luck there.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing out of left field, just be prepared for the behavioral questions in advance so that you don't take forever trying to think of a situation that pertains to the question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Achievers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in October 2011.

Started with a group interview, and then followed up with a two 1:1 interviews (in the same day) with two different members of the department that I applied to. The final step was a Top Grade interview with my potential manager and an HR rep. This covered pretty much every experience I have had since high school. I enjoyed the opportunity to share so many of my experiences, and everyone I met was fantastic throughout the process. Nothing too tricky in the interviews, they just want to get a really good idea of what sort of person you are.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous boss say was your greatest strength/ weakness?   Answer Question
    Fair offer, and willing to make a couple of small adjustments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Achievers in August 2011.

I was referred by an employee and then contacted for a general referral group interview. I was contacted 24 hours later to find out that they were interested and that I would hear back in a few weeks because recruitment was going on hold for a bit due to a huge event that they were ramping up for. I was contacted again for a one on one interview to validate myself as a candidate for ISR. Then I moved on to the skills interview a few days later which was behavioural based questions specific to the role. I heard back that day that I was going to go in for a top-grade interview, which was the following week and was essentially a conversational interview about my life's successes and failures from high school until now, including work, extracurricular and education. Two days later I heard back with the offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in July 2011.

First Round - group interview, 4 questions per person, all the same questions. A chance at the end to ask manager about the position in more detail.
    Second Round - 1:1 interviews with 2 current ISRs. 5 questions asked by each of them. Opportunity to ask questions as well. Mainly behavioural questions related to sales experience.
    Third Round - top-grading interview. Trying to get a sense of who you are. Asked questions about yourself going back to grade 9. Want to know about successes as well as failures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you went above and beyond what your job required or what was asked of you by your manager.   Answer Question
    • Talk me through your three biggest success and three biggest failures from high school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in June 2011.

I Love Rewards encourages employee referrals, as such a former university schoolmate of mine recommended me for the position. Shortly after I was contacted by a member of the Employee Experience team and offered a group interview. The following I attended the group interview which consisted of 8-10 other candidates sitting around the table and in order answering the same 4 questions which were not specific to the role we were interviewing for. The questions had been posted on an overhead to make reference back to. Skills and experience varied and the setting was very easy going. About a week later I heard back from the same member of EE and was offered a 2nd interview which was called a "skills assessment'. I met with two members of the sales team individually and discussed my job experience in relation to the role I was applying for. There were about 10 questions which were more focuses on specific experience, but the setting was much more informal- in the lounge on the sofas. A week or so later I was called back and offered a final interview called the "top-grade". The EE member encourage me to research what top-grading is and prepare for 1-1.5 hours. This final interview was held with a member of EE and my manager. We chronologically went through my successes and low points in high school, university and my employment experience. Although I had heard that it could be a grueling interview, I was actually happily surprised that it was more than anything just a conversation about my life and what I've taken from my experiences along the way. Before I heard back from my final interview, I Love Rewards hosted a recruitment event. I attended that on a Friday evening. Had a few cocktails and chatted with current employees and other potential hires. 2 weeks after my final interview I was contacted again by a member of EE and asked to come in and take home the offer. I did within a few days and eventually accepted after reviewing . Every interaction with the company was fantastic and you could really feel the excitement and energy that every one has for the company and where it is headed.

Interview Questions
    • During the group interview: If we hire you on the spot, who else in this room would you recommend we hire and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in May 2010.

I initially got the interview by applying from my school's job board and was contacted very promptly to set up next steps. I did a group interview which was very relaxed and open, it was clear they were just looking for someone to fit into the culture, which I was a good fit for. From there, I was required to give a 20 minute presentation as to why I was a good fit for my entry-level sales position which I prepared well for and found quite easy due to that fact I am comfortable in that setting. The final round was an intensive walk through of all that I had done since high school, and I found it to be straight-forward although there were a lot of questions. They are essentially looking for you to establish that you have a history of being successful.

Interview Questions
    • What would you improve about I Love Rewards based the information you have now?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was fairly amicable, although I had minimal requests as a newly graduated students. If you are a high-performer and they really want you, you will be able to make some requests that will be honored. Overall, the main perk of the comp package is the ESOP which is potentially very lucrative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Achievers in March 2011.

The hiring process at I Love Rewards is very detailed, and for a good reason. The company strives to hire only the best in each department and to do so, they make sure to interview in different ways and ask a variety of questions to really get to know each candidate. I think it is one of the best interview experiences I have ever had, as I was welcomed into the office on several occasions and challenged to show off the best of my abilities in each part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Top Grading - asking about high school experiences and how they made you feel.   View Answer
    After the offer, the people involved in negotiating my contract we're ready and willing to discuss every word to make sure I was certain about every aspect of the contract and happy moving forward.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Achievers in March 2011.

I was fortunate to have gotten the interview without resulting to someone getting it for me.

I don't believe the group interview is the best process for this position as it doesn't allow for the applicants a real opportunity to showcase how they got there.

Being in human resources myself, it seemed odd to allow such a large group to be present in the same room, this would have been more effective with two groups of five.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to prepare yourself for this interview, but the questions that were mentioned in some of the other reviews are the same questions that I was asked. That being said, there seems to be a huge bias towards those candidates that have graduated from Wilfred Laurier University. Over half of the candidates had just graduated from there.

It is unfortunate that HR divisions at companies don't take the opportunity to provide candidates with feedback so that they can better themselves. Candidates should have the opportunity to provide feedback concerning the interview and a well-organized HR team should also be taking that initiative.

In regards to the culture and environment, there seemed to be a lot of talk about people working together, but during our tour all we saw were people sitting in their cubicles without interacting with each other.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Achievers in November 2010.

They invite everyone who submits their resume. The interview process overall was fine, but I think they should do a better job in pre-screening. Their office is very clean and nice.

Interview Questions

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!