Achievers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

3.4

Interview

It was a really good process. I learned a lot about Achievers, and about the role. Ultimately, I did not go with the role as I decided to change my career focus, but I would definitely interview with them again. It seems like a company that is going through changes, and they are reading to make the changes needed for the company to continue having success.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my previous sales experience   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I found Achievers after speaking with a recruiting company. My contact there seemed more excited about the opportunity there than other companies and I could relate well to what they sell. I had an initial phone interview, then came into the office for an in-person a couple days later. After about 10 minutes speaking with the manager it was apparent it was going to be a good fit for both of us. The in-person lasted a little over an hour and afterwards I got back on the phone with the recruiter to schedule a Skype interview. That one was pretty brief and then I had to schedule with the recruiter again for a 2 hour top-grade interview at the office. A couple days later I spoke to the CEO for maybe 10 minutes and received a call with an offer within an hour. There were quite a few steps in the process, but everything after the first in-person interview seemed like a mere formality as the manager and I were clearly on the same page from the moment I sat down.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel like this company will work out when it hasn't with previous companies?   Answer Question

Mobile User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who proceeded to interview me on the call, I really liked the no-delay hands on approach and how communicative they were about everything they're trying to do. It was one of the best interviews I've ever had. I really appreciated the informed nature of the recruiter and how she really expected technical answers, and yet gave me lots of room to talk.

Interview Questions

• It seemed they had all their ducks in a row, the questions were really simple and straightforward, but having informed questions to ask back is what made the interview golden.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

through process... lot's of steps, but it's because they only let through the best and a true no jerk policy (really, they enforce it, unlike other companies with the policy)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your accomplishments from high school onward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much. They gave a very fair rate right out of the gate.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We hit it off pretty well, so he invited me to come onsite to talk to the CEO. I came onsite, the CEO opens asking if I have any questions for him. Mid-conversation the CEO realizes this is an interview and changes his tone, is disappointed with the lack of Mobile experience (which was apparent on my resume) and cuts the conversation short.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial interview was general,talking causually to see if personality might be a match. Then had several other meetings, which then led to an interview methodology they use called "Top Grading". Be prepared for a ridiculous level of depth into your life, your work history - everything.

Interview Questions

• Too many to remember, most of them are not typical interview questions. You can get samples online by looking up Top Grading.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Achievers (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Saw a posting on LinkedIn, went for it and got a phone interview with a recruiter from the Toronto office on July 4th. Phone screening went well and moved onto meeting with the director of the Boston office. He was really laid back and made me feel at ease, very straight to the point which I appreciated. Since the Boston office only had 7 people, it was a top priority that everyone got along well and so I suggested a job shadowing with the one other ISR there. He thought that was a great idea, but the recruiter wanted to give me another interview before they invested more time with me. So, I had another phone interview, but this was all behavioral questions with the inside sales team lead over in Toronto. She was awesome and very patient when I took a few moments to answer her questions. I got the clear from her and I scheduled a time with the recruiter for the job shadowing. Finally, on the day of the job shadowing I found out I wouldn't be alone on the job shadow. There was another kid whose mom was friends with the director and he had just recently graduated from college. For the job shadowing the ISR didn't reserve a room to do calls in, so for the next hour or so we were just skipping around conference rooms because we kept getting kicked out of the rooms from people who had reserved them ahead of time. So fast forward an hour later and he asked us what we thought about the job so far. I told him I am ready to do this but the other kid said he didn't think he could do something like this, politely asked to leave and be taken out of the running. After he left, we went to another conference room but this room didn't have a phone and the service in their was pretty shoddy. So the ISR had to use his cell phone but his calls kept getting disconnected or the prospect couldn't hear him. After 20 minutes he decided to just start looking on LinkedIn for new prospects and I just sat there staring at the wall. This was when I decided I should head out because I had taken time off work and realized it wouldn't be very productive to just sit there. I asked if I could see the director before I left but he said he was in meetings back to back so I headed back to work. Sent an email to the director and the recruiter telling them I was still very interested in this position and I looked forward to talking to them again. A week went by with no communication from Achievers before I decided to email the recruiter and see what was going on. She quickly replied and apologized telling me she had emailed me after the job shadowing but something must have happened since I didn't receive anything. Basically didn't get it because they didn't think I was right for the role long term. Really disappointed because they seemed like an awesome company and I thought I would be a good fit, but my guess is I didn't click with the ISR. All in all, it's a great company with amazing potential. Even though I didn't get the job I still got a lot of experience interviewing nonetheless. Will try again later on in my career, but for their San Francisco location this time, might have better luck there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of left field, just be prepared for the behavioral questions in advance so that you don't take forever trying to think of a situation that pertains to the question.   Answer Question

Vendor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Company culture is very different then companies I've worked for in the past. They are very much about telling employees they did a good job and rewarding them for their hard work. I had a two step interview process some people had more. The first interview was with a Direct Supervisor and the second was a "Top Grade" interview with a few people interviewing. The Top Grade lasted two and a half hours. A lot of talking about past achievements. Now that I work for the company I know I made a great decision. They treat their employees very well and the office culture is amazing. I love going to work every day!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

After applying through their website, I was invited to a networking/presentation event organized by the company. It was really interesting and gave me the opportunity to talk to different people within the organization. Although, since all the attendants were applicants to a position with Achievers it was difficult to have a conversation with any of them without pushing the competitors out of your way. I left the event with a good understanding of the company and a genuine interest for a career with them. CONS, not a single thank you email from the company or further communication afterward, which seems strange after attending an event that required to confirm attendance.

Interview Questions

• no questions asked, as it was not an interview but an event   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Achievers (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

1st Interview - Standard phone screen (30 mins), with standard experience and subtle behavior questions. 2nd Interview - 1:1, lasting over an hour. More of a discussion of background and company culture, financials, expectations. Very honest and immediate feedback; told I was being recommended to next round and given tips on what to focus on, how to prep, etc. 3rd Interview - Topgrading, a process that talks about all your successes and failures from high school to present day. Panel consisted of two people in SF and two observing via video conference from Toronto. Questions were consistent and patterned in each stage: proudest moments, what you should've worked on/what you learned, grades/test scores, what each manager would rate you on a scale of 1-10 and why, what each manager thought you needed to work on, why you exhibited that behavior, what you think each manager needed to work on and why. At end of interview, they manage expectations and guarantee feedback within 48 hours. My topgrading was on a Wednesday and I had a voicemail on Friday morning that they were working on an offer that they would walk me through on Monday morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very open and detailed. Got walked through each phase of the contract and the reasoning behind each decision. Questions were encouraged and hiring manager made himself available to answer them over the next couple of days. I was prepared to ask for time to think about it, but was told to take time before I could so. Offer was fair, but I did ask for more. When I did, I was walked through the thoughts behind the offer and was told what the position was originally budgeted for. Considering all other factors in the process and the overall culture, I accepted the offer as-is. One thing that threw me off was that the hiring manager immediately asked my thoughts after initially walking me through the offer. I'm the type that needs a bit of time before deciding, so I was a bit thrown. They focus a LOT on culture and it's their main recruiting tool, so they don't detail benefits like I've been used to, so I had some questions about that.