Achievers

Updated Dec 6, 2014

3.4

Financial Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Achievers in February 2014.

Great people. Didn't know about them until I got a call from a recruiter for an interview. They seem to be in a great industry and have a solid future. They moved quickly. I had interviews with 3 (1:1) including hiring manager, peer and the CEO in a span of about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the individual interviews were simple and including situational and behavioral types to see fit. Also, included a "TopGrade" interview which took over 2 hours and covers what influenced from before high school to present. They want to know what you learned in each position.   View Answer

Salary was not as high and bonus component was too large.

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Group interview, 4 questions

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Achievers.

group interview: 1) tell me about yourself 2) what trait should an accountant have? 3)excel level 4) if you were working for achievers, who in this room would you hire? 5) what would you change about achievers?

Interview Questions
    • if you were working for achievers, who in this room would you hire?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I was brought in for a skills interview, that while tough, was fair and thorough, The interviewers were patient in letting me understand the questions before answering them. This was followed by a topgrade, which I had never done before. They asked questions about the different jobs, challenges and successes that I had been a part of in the past. Different, but not unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The entire topgrade was very unexpected. Expect to be asked about your past, all the way back to high school!   Answer Question

Client Success Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Achievers in June 2013.

I applied on a Monday and received an email on the Tuesday evening at 6:00 PM saying that they would be having a group interview the next day in the afternoon and wondered if I could make it. At the interview with 7 others, we were given a tour of their large open concept office and then we were all sat in a board room. Someone from HR and a member of the Client Success team conducted the interview and they did a great job. We were all asked to introduce ourselves etc ...standard intro interview questions. We were then each asked 4 questions one-by-one followed by a group Q & A about the work environment, position responsibilities etc. At the very end, we were all provided a survey to fill out about how the interview process was conducted, our salary expectations etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question

Bilingual Member Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Achievers in May 2013.

The 1st interview process consisted of four behaviorally-based questions. The 2nd one was skills-based and fianally the last one was the Topgrade interview that essentially consisted of story of my achievements, successes, and struggles from high school until the present day.

Interview Questions
    • what else execpt water and food will you need in a desert if you were about to stay there for a month   Answer Question

Client Success Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Achievers.

Sent in an application and was contact quite a few weeks later. Phone interview, group interview, skills interview, interview with the manager THEN I got an offer. Very long process, not very willing to negotiate salary.

I was able to negotiate 10%

Client Success Coordinator Interview

Phone interview -> Initial Interview -> Final Interview

General Group Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Achievers in February 2013.

Interview was group style..wasn't used to this but was a nice change from the usual 1:1. The interview began with a tour of the building, they showed where they have free lunches three times a week, and free breakfast every day. Nice little perks of being an employee. The interview consisted of 3 questions and a brief intro by all the interviewees. It was over quite quickly, in some ways I wished there was more questions to show more of my personality and skills.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Achievers in November 2012.

Achievers has a 3-stage interview process:

1) The usual screening call with HR. This only takes about 15 minutes. You'll probably know by the end of the call whether or not you'll be coming in for an in-person interview

2) An in-person interview with the team you'll be working with. They go over your resume, your experience, and your portfolio (if applicable). They also perform a brief (about 15 minutes) skills test, mostly to see your thought process in action.

3) The notorious Top Grade interview. This isn't as hard as everyone make it out to be. Basically, they ask you to list your goals, failures, and achievements from each stage of your life - from highschool to current day. Do yourself a favour and do a bit of prep beforehand - just so you remember everything you've done in your life. They also ask about the grades you got in school, if you were involved in any clubs, etc. It's all very relaxed and takes place on couches.

Within 48 hours you'll hear back with their decision!

My situation was a little different than the 3 steps above. I was given a take-home test and had to come back a third time to present my response to the team. So I had a 4-stage interview.

All in all, the interview process is quite long, detailed, and rigorous... but it's fair.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my offer because it was quite generous, but Achievers makes you feel quite comfortable discussing it if you want to.