Achievers

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Group interview, 4 questions

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Achievers.

group interview: 1) tell me about yourself 2) what trait should an accountant have? 3)excel level 4) if you were working for achievers, who in this room would you hire? 5) what would you change about achievers?

Interview Questions
    • if you were working for achievers, who in this room would you hire?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I was brought in for a skills interview, that while tough, was fair and thorough, The interviewers were patient in letting me understand the questions before answering them. This was followed by a topgrade, which I had never done before. They asked questions about the different jobs, challenges and successes that I had been a part of in the past. Different, but not unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The entire topgrade was very unexpected. Expect to be asked about your past, all the way back to high school!   Answer Question

Client Success Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Achievers in June 2013.

I applied on a Monday and received an email on the Tuesday evening at 6:00 PM saying that they would be having a group interview the next day in the afternoon and wondered if I could make it. At the interview with 7 others, we were given a tour of their large open concept office and then we were all sat in a board room. Someone from HR and a member of the Client Success team conducted the interview and they did a great job. We were all asked to introduce ourselves etc ...standard intro interview questions. We were then each asked 4 questions one-by-one followed by a group Q & A about the work environment, position responsibilities etc. At the very end, we were all provided a survey to fill out about how the interview process was conducted, our salary expectations etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question

Bilingual Member Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Achievers in May 2013.

The 1st interview process consisted of four behaviorally-based questions. The 2nd one was skills-based and fianally the last one was the Topgrade interview that essentially consisted of story of my achievements, successes, and struggles from high school until the present day.

Interview Questions
    • what else execpt water and food will you need in a desert if you were about to stay there for a month   Answer Question

Client Success Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Achievers.

Sent in an application and was contact quite a few weeks later. Phone interview, group interview, skills interview, interview with the manager THEN I got an offer. Very long process, not very willing to negotiate salary.

I was able to negotiate 10%

Client Success Coordinator Interview

Phone interview -> Initial Interview -> Final Interview

General Group Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Achievers in February 2013.

Interview was group style..wasn't used to this but was a nice change from the usual 1:1. The interview began with a tour of the building, they showed where they have free lunches three times a week, and free breakfast every day. Nice little perks of being an employee. The interview consisted of 3 questions and a brief intro by all the interviewees. It was over quite quickly, in some ways I wished there was more questions to show more of my personality and skills.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Achievers in November 2012.

Achievers has a 3-stage interview process:

1) The usual screening call with HR. This only takes about 15 minutes. You'll probably know by the end of the call whether or not you'll be coming in for an in-person interview

2) An in-person interview with the team you'll be working with. They go over your resume, your experience, and your portfolio (if applicable). They also perform a brief (about 15 minutes) skills test, mostly to see your thought process in action.

3) The notorious Top Grade interview. This isn't as hard as everyone make it out to be. Basically, they ask you to list your goals, failures, and achievements from each stage of your life - from highschool to current day. Do yourself a favour and do a bit of prep beforehand - just so you remember everything you've done in your life. They also ask about the grades you got in school, if you were involved in any clubs, etc. It's all very relaxed and takes place on couches.

Within 48 hours you'll hear back with their decision!

My situation was a little different than the 3 steps above. I was given a take-home test and had to come back a third time to present my response to the team. So I had a 4-stage interview.

All in all, the interview process is quite long, detailed, and rigorous... but it's fair.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my offer because it was quite generous, but Achievers makes you feel quite comfortable discussing it if you want to.

Customer Service Experience Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Achievers in October 2012.

Applied with cover letter and resume, a few weeks later was delighted to hear back, later realized it was a group email. I’m still not entirely sure they looked at my qualifications, the 15 people that were there for the interview expressed concern about that as well (out of ear shot of the hiring manager). I choose to believe I was handpicked.

Got toured around the building by an intern, showed their lounge , stage area, kitchen full of free food and drinks, company goal board etc.
    Noticed the people working there didn't seem to have an open personality or demeanour. And the smiles seemed lackluster. On more than one occasion there was a mention or an eye roll from the hr people how they spend ALL their time there and have no time for little else, despite rambling on about the core company values about life balance etc. There was one instance that they mentioned a while back that the founder wanted to ditch the company , im sure there’s a good backstory but it didn’t inspire confidence.

The interview itself felt like a competition, not only between the candidates but against the hr person. There was one question about how they could make the interview process better. One candidate mentioned the interview process seemed non personalized and brought up what the candidates were wondering in the lobby. I know better than to mention to someone who is in charge of hiring that she could do a better job. She seemed to get her hackles up on the comment and assured the candidate she only picks the best before she left the room. She didn’t seem interested in what the candidates were about , she seemed to be looking for answers she already knew she was looking for.

For a position that is searching the best candidate for a position that treats customers with the best service, I was surprises that the ones leading leading the interview did not even offer a glass of water to the candidates for the duration of the one to two hour interview, despite walking us by a fridge full of free sodas. May seem like a small thing but the way a company treats their lowest people, in this case the people not yet hired says something about how they treat everyone. Honestly felt like they herd people in there every month in hope of finding a probability of a person with the exact qualifications they need. If you go through enough people,probability states you will find them.

Questions were obvious questions, introductions, how did you go above and beyond for customers, what you would change about the company and who would you hire other than yourself. You get to express the amazing things about yourself. The quality of candidates seemed really high.
    In the end they give you an evaluation form on the interview.. I question whether people are really going to bring up their suggestions if they know the person evaluating them is also reading their criticism.

All in all I was extremely excited to go to this interview and have a possibility of being hired, By the time I left the building I decided that it wasn’t the place for me. My intuition was that the values they purport to live by and the attitude does not seem to translate genuinely in practice. I really was looking to work with people who live with those values, not just recite them.

Perhaps they really do just need a revamp of the hiring process,or I got a bad impression.

The rejection letter did however seem personalized, I respect that.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you hire here other than yourself?
      What would you change about Achievers?
        Answer Question