Achievers

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

3.4

Client Success Coordinator & Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in August 2012.

I went through a group interview, team meeting and final interview for the Client Success Coordinator role. After the process, there was a discussion that I was not quite a fit for the role due to a lot of the motivators and interests that I provided during the interview process. This stung a little at first, but they were 100% correct.

I was told that now that they know me and thought I was a cultural and organizational fit, they would like to call me in the future when a matching role comes up. I thought they were just being nice - but 2 months later, I got a call for a recruiter role, something that matched me. I did not have to go through the entire process again, just a final meeting with the hiring manager where we talking through the role in detail. I got the job, and am happy that Achievers takes a candidate's need for job fulfillment into consideration when hiring, even if it means me having to be a bit patient for the right role.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think your former manager would say you needed to work on in this previous role you had?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I was brought in for a skills interview, that while tough, was fair and thorough, The interviewers were patient in letting me understand the questions before answering them. This was followed by a topgrade, which I had never done before. They asked questions about the different jobs, challenges and successes that I had been a part of in the past. Different, but not unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The entire topgrade was very unexpected. Expect to be asked about your past, all the way back to high school!   Answer Question

Program Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Achievers in April 2012.

The interview process for me seemed a little juvenile, they follow a standard referred to Top grading which makes the individual go through their resume, starting at high school and asks them to outline their greatest strength and weakness during this time period. This continues up until the most recent position. I didn't feel that this approach actually pertained to the position or the skill sets they were looking to fill. I didn't feel that this enabled me to showcase my skill sets or really get down into what they were looking for from a candidate. the hiring manager, had recently transitioned from the place of business I was currently working at, way more corporate in nature and when asked what the challenges or differences were to making this shift, he fluffed of the question and really didn't provide me a clear answer. I later on figured out upon accepting the position was that he actually didn't have a handle on what this team did and the pressure that was placed upon them.

Interview Questions
    • To go back to high school and outline what you greatest weakness or strength was, that was some time ago for me.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation as was shut down upon asking.

Client Success Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Achievers in June 2013.

I applied on a Monday and received an email on the Tuesday evening at 6:00 PM saying that they would be having a group interview the next day in the afternoon and wondered if I could make it. At the interview with 7 others, we were given a tour of their large open concept office and then we were all sat in a board room. Someone from HR and a member of the Client Success team conducted the interview and they did a great job. We were all asked to introduce ourselves etc ...standard intro interview questions. We were then each asked 4 questions one-by-one followed by a group Q & A about the work environment, position responsibilities etc. At the very end, we were all provided a survey to fill out about how the interview process was conducted, our salary expectations etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question

Bilingual Member Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in May 2013.

The 1st interview process consisted of four behaviorally-based questions. The 2nd one was skills-based and fianally the last one was the Topgrade interview that essentially consisted of story of my achievements, successes, and struggles from high school until the present day.

Interview Questions
    • what else execpt water and food will you need in a desert if you were about to stay there for a month   Answer Question

Client Success Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Achievers.

Sent in an application and was contact quite a few weeks later. Phone interview, group interview, skills interview, interview with the manager THEN I got an offer. Very long process, not very willing to negotiate salary.

I was able to negotiate 10%

Client Success Coordinator Interview

Phone interview -> Initial Interview -> Final Interview

General Group Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Achievers in February 2013.

Interview was group style..wasn't used to this but was a nice change from the usual 1:1. The interview began with a tour of the building, they showed where they have free lunches three times a week, and free breakfast every day. Nice little perks of being an employee. The interview consisted of 3 questions and a brief intro by all the interviewees. It was over quite quickly, in some ways I wished there was more questions to show more of my personality and skills.

Member Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Achievers in June 2011.

I had two interviews. One with the senior employees and another with the area manager.

Interview Questions
    • Top grading - they basically ask your entire life since high school until today.   Answer Question
    Not difficult

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Achievers in November 2012.

Achievers has a 3-stage interview process:

1) The usual screening call with HR. This only takes about 15 minutes. You'll probably know by the end of the call whether or not you'll be coming in for an in-person interview

2) An in-person interview with the team you'll be working with. They go over your resume, your experience, and your portfolio (if applicable). They also perform a brief (about 15 minutes) skills test, mostly to see your thought process in action.

3) The notorious Top Grade interview. This isn't as hard as everyone make it out to be. Basically, they ask you to list your goals, failures, and achievements from each stage of your life - from highschool to current day. Do yourself a favour and do a bit of prep beforehand - just so you remember everything you've done in your life. They also ask about the grades you got in school, if you were involved in any clubs, etc. It's all very relaxed and takes place on couches.

Within 48 hours you'll hear back with their decision!

My situation was a little different than the 3 steps above. I was given a take-home test and had to come back a third time to present my response to the team. So I had a 4-stage interview.

All in all, the interview process is quite long, detailed, and rigorous... but it's fair.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my offer because it was quite generous, but Achievers makes you feel quite comfortable discussing it if you want to.