Achievers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Achievers.

Interview Details – I found Achievers after speaking with a recruiting company. My contact there seemed more excited about the opportunity there than other companies and I could relate well to what they sell. I had an initial phone interview, then came into the office for an in-person a couple days later. After about 10 minutes speaking with the manager it was apparent it was going to be a good fit for both of us.

The in-person lasted a little over an hour and afterwards I got back on the phone with the recruiter to schedule a Skype interview. That one was pretty brief and then I had to schedule with the recruiter again for a 2 hour top-grade interview at the office. A couple days later I spoke to the CEO for maybe 10 minutes and received a call with an offer within an hour.

There were quite a few steps in the process, but everything after the first in-person interview seemed like a mere formality as the manager and I were clearly on the same page from the moment I sat down.

Interview Question – What makes you feel like this company will work out when it hasn't with previous companies?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Achievers in July 2013.

Interview Details – through process... lot's of steps, but it's because they only let through the best and a true no jerk policy (really, they enforce it, unlike other companies with the policy)

Interview Question – Tell me about your accomplishments from high school onward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. They gave a very fair rate right out of the gate.

Mobile User Experience Designer Interview

Mobile User Experience Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Achievers in September 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a recruiter who proceeded to interview me on the call, I really liked the no-delay hands on approach and how communicative they were about everything they're trying to do. It was one of the best interviews I've ever had. I really appreciated the informed nature of the recruiter and how she really expected technical answers, and yet gave me lots of room to talk.

Interview Question – It seemed they had all their ducks in a row, the questions were really simple and straightforward, but having informed questions to ask back is what made the interview golden.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Achievers in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We hit it off pretty well, so he invited me to come onsite to talk to the CEO. I came onsite, the CEO opens asking if I have any questions for him. Mid-conversation the CEO realizes this is an interview and changes his tone, is disappointed with the lack of Mobile experience (which was apparent on my resume) and cuts the conversation short.

Interview Question – None really. Pretty silly interview process.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Achievers.

Interview Details – Initial interview was general,talking causually to see if personality might be a match. Then had several other meetings, which then led to an interview methodology they use called "Top Grading". Be prepared for a ridiculous level of depth into your life, your work history - everything.

Interview Question – Too many to remember, most of them are not typical interview questions. You can get samples online by looking up Top Grading.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Achievers in September 2011.

Interview Details – After applying through their website, I was invited to a networking/presentation event organized by the company. It was really interesting and gave me the opportunity to talk to different people within the organization. Although, since all the attendants were applicants to a position with Achievers it was difficult to have a conversation with any of them without pushing the competitors out of your way.
I left the event with a good understanding of the company and a genuine interest for a career with them. CONS, not a single thank you email from the company or further communication afterward, which seems strange after attending an event that required to confirm attendance.

Interview Question – no questions asked, as it was not an interview but an event   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Achievers in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1st Interview - Standard phone screen (30 mins), with standard experience and subtle behavior questions.

2nd Interview - 1:1, lasting over an hour. More of a discussion of background and company culture, financials, expectations. Very honest and immediate feedback; told I was being recommended to next round and given tips on what to focus on, how to prep, etc.

3rd Interview - Topgrading, a process that talks about all your successes and failures from high school to present day. Panel consisted of two people in SF and two observing via video conference from Toronto. Questions were consistent and patterned in each stage: proudest moments, what you should've worked on/what you learned, grades/test scores, what each manager would rate you on a scale of 1-10 and why, what each manager thought you needed to work on, why you exhibited that behavior, what you think each manager needed to work on and why.

At end of interview, they manage expectations and guarantee feedback within 48 hours. My topgrading was on a Wednesday and I had a voicemail on Friday morning that they were working on an offer that they would walk me through on Monday morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very open and detailed. Got walked through each phase of the contract and the reasoning behind each decision. Questions were encouraged and hiring manager made himself available to answer them over the next couple of days.

I was prepared to ask for time to think about it, but was told to take time before I could so. Offer was fair, but I did ask for more. When I did, I was walked through the thoughts behind the offer and was told what the position was originally budgeted for. Considering all other factors in the process and the overall culture, I accepted the offer as-is.

One thing that threw me off was that the hiring manager immediately asked my thoughts after initially walking me through the offer. I'm the type that needs a bit of time before deciding, so I was a bit thrown. They focus a LOT on culture and it's their main recruiting tool, so they don't detail benefits like I've been used to, so I had some questions about that.

Vendor Relations Specialist Interview

Vendor Relations Specialist
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Achievers in September 2011.

Interview Details – Company culture is very different then companies I've worked for in the past. They are very much about telling employees they did a good job and rewarding them for their hard work. I had a two step interview process some people had more. The first interview was with a Direct Supervisor and the second was a "Top Grade" interview with a few people interviewing. The Top Grade lasted two and a half hours. A lot of talking about past achievements. Now that I work for the company I know I made a great decision. They treat their employees very well and the office culture is amazing. I love going to work every day!

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Achievers in July 2011.

Interview Details – Getting through the hiring process with I Love Rewards is no walk in the park, but it's completely understandable why: they only want to hire the best. I can say that I am the happiest I've been since I started my professional career in 2006. Being a happy employee turns into becoming a productive employee and this company stops at nothing to reward their contributing players.

The company's goal is to become the number one web-based recognition and rewards company in the world. I have found quickly that I Love Rewards practices what they preach: they spend tons of time and money making sure their employees feel appreciated. It makes a huge difference on a daily basis which amazingly increases productivity, customer satisfaction and makes it more fun to come to work!

I was initially referred by a former co-worker, who happened to be the sourcer. She spoke to me for about 30 min about the company, the role and the company's expectations which made it easier to know what they were looking for in future interviews. I was immediately intrigued by the idea of a competitive, hard-working, yet fun and rewarding culture. Many companies claim this, but I knew the sourcer personally and we worked together at a reputable company together in the past, so I knew if she thought it was an improvement, it probably was.

From there I spoke with the VP of Employee Experience (HR) for about 30 min over the phone since I was in SF and he was in Toronto (where the HQ is). He asked me about my preference of role and responsibilities to see if I was a fit for what they were looking for. He also asked me my strengths and weaknesses as well. I liked that he wanted to know what I wanted to do, as opposed to could I do what they needed me to do. The outcome is ensuring they are hiring someone who enjoys the tasks as opposed to someone who can do the tasks. The next step was to meet face-to-face with the VP and the CEO in the SF office the following week.

When I came into the office, I was told there was a change of plans; I would not be meeting with the CEO, but instead the VP and the Recruiter in Toronto via VC. We talked, for the next 1.5 hours, about my past successes and failures from high school to present including classes, jobs and extracurricular. I was asked what my former and current managers would say about me and areas I could improve in. By the end of the interview, I was sure they knew everything about me and if they moved forward, they were sure what they would get from me as an employee and a contributing teammate.

I received word that an offer was being put together and from there I negotiated as I saw fit. I can say that it was a great day to learn I would be joining the team and I haven't looked back since then. As a Recruiter, I have worked for many companies, hiring all sorts of people, and I always feel confident in the final matches. I think this company was made for me and I encourage anyone who wants to work for a fast-paced and challenging company, while still feeling appreciated on a daily basis for their hard work, to apply here!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, but I didn't push it... the opportunity to work here was worth more than a dollar value. However, I was a contractor at the time I accepted so while my hourly rate was high, I had no benefits. The benefits here are superb.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Achievers in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR. Then second interview was meet and greet type, I went over my portfolio and experiences. The last interview was more of behavior interview with HR and someone higher up position. I was ask to brag about my achievements and accomplishments since high school in which I felt it was not a good hiring strategy for the position that I applied for. I was a little thrown off by that.

Interview Question – List your achievements and awards you received since High School.   Answer Question

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!