Interviews for Top Jobs at Achievers
- Inside Sales Representative (6)
- Sales (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Graphic Designer (4)
- Member Experience Coordinator (4)
- Client Success Coordinator (3)
- Inside-Sales Representative (3)
- Sales Coordinator (3)
- Finance (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Accounts Payable Coordinator (2)
- QA Analyst (2)
- Client Success Manager (2)
- Member Experience (1)
- Client Success Coordninator (1)
- Client Success (1)
- Director of Client Success (1)
- Recruiter, SAN Francisco Office (1)
- Marketing Communications Writer (1)
- Client Support Coordinator (1)
- Senior Account Manager (Sales) (1)
- Designer (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Customer Support Coordinator (1)
- Operations Coordinator (1)
- N/A (1)
- Vendor Relations Specialist (1)
- QA (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Technical Specialist (1)
Web Developer Interview
The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Achievers in October 2011.
There was an initial phone call after my referral to setup a phone interview. A few days later the phone interview took place and lasted roughly 15 minutes. I immediately received a followup email asking me to come in for an in-person interview. This took place the following week and was with a team lead in my would-be department. It lasted roughly 2 hours.
A few days after this I was asked to come in for my final "topgrade" interview. After a few scheduling conflicts we finally found a time that worked. This interview took place about 10 days after the first interview and lasted roughly an hour. It involved my work and educational history from high school to present day.
A few days later I received notice that I would be getting an offer. The offer came a little over a week later.
Impressions: The interview process is quite rigorous as they pride themselves on hiring only 'A players'. The office is typical of a modern startup: loud, young and energetic. There is a definite 'buzz'.
- Can you reverse the items in this linked list (in C)? Answer Question