Acme Markets

1.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acme Markets.

Came in to store, filled out form on computer station, filled out paper work and started 3 days later. I started on Memorial Day weekend after about 20 minutes training on the register. It was a baptism by fire so to speak. Now I train all incoming cashiers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Acme Markets in August 2014.

I filled out an application online, but then went into the store on my own to meet the store director. After telling him that I applied and was interested in becoming an associate, he basically gave me the job right there. I had to take a quick oral drug exam, and once that was cleared he gave myself and another new hire a two hour initiation on rules/safety/etc. Not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, baggers start out at minimum wage. Can't really negotiate when a monkey can do this job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acme Markets.

Firstly I received a call out of nowhere from the store director least when I expected it saying there was a job opening for a Part-time Bagger-Clerk. He scheduled an interview in the morning the next day and it was quite easy . Walked in, he asked two questions. Tell Me about yourself, and would you like this position. That easy, I think I got the job only because I'm a teenager but I also realized they hired a whole bunch of other kids too. I started out at $7.35/hr as a bagger, within a month they promoted me and a few others to cashiers at which point our pay went up $7.85/hr and then after 2 months $8, till my last days there going to $8.25/hr. AN AWESOME PAY FOR A PART TIME TEEN SUMMER JOB! The only hard thing working there was pushing carts, everyone that works there is so nice and considerate to problems. The only issues I have had there were:
    1) In order to get off you HAVE to schedule your off date 4 weeks ahead, which is pretty hard at least for me
    2) The whole union situation, They take a large sum of your first couple of paychecks in return you get that awesome pay I talked about earlier, if they didn't you would probably get the same amount anywho.
    3) Schedules are not online, You have to physically go in and check your schedule every Friday, I know friends that work at Giant that has no union that don't have to do that.

All in all it's a good part-time summer job, assuming you get lucky and they promote you to cashier as quickly as they did me (within a month!).

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me about yourself
      Would you like this position?

View Answer
    None, all standards set by the union

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acme Markets.

Applied through touch screen

Interview Questions
    • They were mostly looking for people who were most flexible. Willingness to work overnight helped.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

you fill out an application online, if that store is hiring then you may get a call. if you get that call you come in and they will most likely give you a job. it doesn't take much to bag groceries

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Acme Markets in May 2013.

The hiring process was very interesting. They made you feel very comfortable and like you were already a part of there family. They helped you fully understand what job they wanted to complete and made sure they would give you all the information and training to complete that job. I had always heard great things about acme and wanted to join a team who cared about there employee. They showed that and that is what i loved about it.

Interview Questions
    • If a better job came a long with better pay and better benefits would you leave?   Answer Question
    My hours were very flexible they worked with me because i was in school and had a 2 year old at that time. I also had enough hours to bring home some money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape May Ch, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape May Ch, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acme Markets in May 2012.

It was a very easy process. I applied online, got a call from the hiring manager (eventually) and came in for the interview. She asked me where I wanted to work in the store, as well as my availability, then gave me a drug test. I filled out a few papers, and was pretty much hired. The manager was very approachable. The interview wasn't very long though. My interview was in the summer, when they hire many people, so it wasn't hard to get a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Acme Markets in February 2012.

Interview was straightforward and comfortable. I was interviewed by the Store Manager. The manager asked me a few questions such as why do I want to work there? Do I think it is ok to take merchandise home? He asked about my past education and what I studied in college. Then asked my availability.

Interview Questions
    • A customer is unhappy with a product and wants to return it, what would you do? I said I would tell him/her that I am sorry it didn't meet your expectations and I would be happy to exchange it or give you a refund. The manager agreed that this is how they want their employees to handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Cashier, Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doylestown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doylestown, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Acme Markets in September 2010.

Applied online, within a week or two I received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview the next day, just talked and answered questions with the manager, had a job offer within 3 hours. Started work 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are your intentions for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Cape May, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Cape May, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Acme Markets in June 2010.

1) Applied online, contacted the next day for an interview.
    2) Interview questions, simple basic "what would you do questions"
    3) Tongue swab drug test on the spot at the interview.
        (some got scheduled for urine testing)
    4) Hired, scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer, that insists they are right; if they were actually incorrect?   View Answer
    No negotiation, started according to union contract.