Acme Markets

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Feasterville Trevose, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acme Markets.

Interview Details – Firstly I received a call out of nowhere from the store director least when I expected it saying there was a job opening for a Part-time Bagger-Clerk. He scheduled an interview in the morning the next day and it was quite easy . Walked in, he asked two questions. Tell Me about yourself, and would you like this position. That easy, I think I got the job only because I'm a teenager but I also realized they hired a whole bunch of other kids too. I started out at $7.35/hr as a bagger, within a month they promoted me and a few others to cashiers at which point our pay went up $7.85/hr and then after 2 months $8, till my last days there going to $8.25/hr. AN AWESOME PAY FOR A PART TIME TEEN SUMMER JOB! The only hard thing working there was pushing carts, everyone that works there is so nice and considerate to problems. The only issues I have had there were:
1) In order to get off you HAVE to schedule your off date 4 weeks ahead, which is pretty hard at least for me
2) The whole union situation, They take a large sum of your first couple of paychecks in return you get that awesome pay I talked about earlier, if they didn't you would probably get the same amount anywho.
3) Schedules are not online, You have to physically go in and check your schedule every Friday, I know friends that work at Giant that has no union that don't have to do that.

All in all it's a good part-time summer job, assuming you get lucky and they promote you to cashier as quickly as they did me (within a month!).

Interview Question – Tell Me about yourself
Would you like this position?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, all standards set by the union

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acme Markets.

Interview Details – Applied through touch screen

Interview Question – They were mostly looking for people who were most flexible. Willingness to work overnight helped.   Answer Question

North Cape May, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acme Markets in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Applied online, contacted the next day for an interview.
2) Interview questions, simple basic "what would you do questions"
3) Tongue swab drug test on the spot at the interview.
    (some got scheduled for urine testing)
4) Hired, scheduled for orientation.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer, that insists they are right; if they were actually incorrect?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, started according to union contract.

Logan Township, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acme Markets in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process basically told me I had the job. I was a high school student and I applied online. A couple of days later I received a phone call for me to come in. They told me that I had to take a drug test before getting the job. After they spoke about the drug test, they told me the duties I would partake when working at Acme. It was simple bagger work and bottom of the chain work. They told me I would get a call for pre-orientation and then couple days later I was on the schedule.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acme Markets in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward and comfortable. I was interviewed by the Store Manager. The manager asked me a few questions such as why do I want to work there? Do I think it is ok to take merchandise home? He asked about my past education and what I studied in college. Then asked my availability.

Interview Question – A customer is unhappy with a product and wants to return it, what would you do? I said I would tell him/her that I am sorry it didn't meet your expectations and I would be happy to exchange it or give you a refund. The manager agreed that this is how they want their employees to handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Acme Markets

Interview Details – you fill out an application online, if that store is hiring then you may get a call. if you get that call you come in and they will most likely give you a job. it doesn't take much to bag groceries

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acme Markets in December 2009.

Interview Details – A few weeks after applying in the store I was called to come in for an interview. The interview ran smooth. Because I had no prior work experience I was asked about my academics and goals. I was hired on the spot. Just needed to take a drug test.

Interview Question – What makes me upset?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage, few cent raises.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acme Markets in May 2008.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online that required a 15 page personalities test. Strongly agree/Strongly Disagree type questions. It was fairly simple and stress free. After about two weeks of waiting I got a call from a local store manager asking me if I could come down to the store for an interview. While at the interview he asked me questions about why I wanted to work at Acme and what my availability was then he offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Question – Variety of questions about your integrity. If your friend stole you would tell management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Avondale, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Acme Markets in May 2008.

Interview Details – online application that took an hour and a half to fill out. Interview was only 10 minutes and I only got hired because my dad worked for the company.

Negotiation Details – none

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Cape May Ch, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Acme Markets in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a very easy process. I applied online, got a call from the hiring manager (eventually) and came in for the interview. She asked me where I wanted to work in the store, as well as my availability, then gave me a drug test. I filled out a few papers, and was pretty much hired. The manager was very approachable. The interview wasn't very long though. My interview was in the summer, when they hire many people, so it wasn't hard to get a job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acme Markets

Worked for Acme Markets? Contribute to the Community!