Acme Packet

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Software Developer Interview

Java Software Developer
Bedford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acme Packet in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through email and get a phone interview for 30 minutes. Mainly about working experience and projects I have done, After that I was offered an onsite interview for one hour and a half. Three rounds. Basic programming skills and no coding. After one month and a half, got rejection.

Interview Question – They expected you to know a lot.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Acme Packet

Interview Details – The interview process was wonderfull. I got flown out to head quarters in Boston Massachusetts and was introduced to many of the senior executives

Interview Question – Technical know how of RFC 3261   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Acme Packet in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview initially with HR, followed by another with director of Engineering. Generic OS, C/C++ questions mostly basic.

Two rounds of interviews, the first was mostly technical with about 5-6 half hour interviews with individual engineers and managers. Lots of technical questions, including detailed code questions.

Second round was personality based with founders and upper management. No hard questions, just interested in scoping out personality.

Interview Question – Low level code (eg: assembly) related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Went for my current salary + $5k and got it.

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acme Packet.

Interview Details – Applied online got a call to set up a telephonic interview. Basic questions about coding skills. Asked about the output of a code sent sent to email. Telephonic was a piece of cake. Got a call after a week to come on-site. Not very tiring basic questions, people are very knowledgeable they exactly know who to take. We can't expect anything there, it can be small code or a tricky one.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Acme Packet in February 2010.

Interview Details – Met with two directors, one VP, one senior exec, and two high level engineers; spent more than half the day and was offered the job within a few days.

Interview Question – Software question: how to detect a loop in a linked list.   Answer Question

Senior QA Interview

Senior QA
Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acme Packet in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very good environment. Interviewer's were very good and technically strong. Know better what they are looking in a candidate. HR manager was very good in communication.

Interview Question – Not as per my knowledge   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Due to some personal reasons( lease breakage and other commitments) could not join in time

Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acme Packet in August 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting an initial resumé on the published advert, we had a screening Skype interview and coding test with me, the human resources lead and a senior engineer. This was followed by an on-site interview and tour including human resources, my future team lead, the software architect and the Berlin-level CTO.

The interview focused mostly on technical and style questions and an open talk about roles and tasks in the company. It lasted for roughly two hours. Overall, the speed, support by HR and atmosphere was excellent and a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Can you find reasons why our code cannot be checked by valgrind?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Acme Packet in March 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview from meeting a representative at my university job fair. they called me back fairly quickly and the interview process was straight forward. they tested basic skills in coding then i was given a our of the facility. they were very accommodating and the whole interview process was not very stressful. i was also brought back for a second interview a week later.

Interview Question – Rate your own development skills   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Acme Packet in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was asked relatively arcane questions by a personality free engineer. The interview process is slated towards "fresh outs" with very little room for discussing the relevance of your background. For experienced engineers this is one company to avoid.

Interview Question – begin the technical portion to self rate your development skill set and the proceed with a technical quiz based off your response.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Employees I met with appeared to be personality free elitest

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Corporate Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acme Packet in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone plus 1:1

Interview Questions

Worked for Acme Packet? Contribute to the Community!