Acosta Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
96 interviews

2.0

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Acosta in August 2010.

Applied online and was contacted via phone call by HR. Next call was from Unit mgr for territory. Was hired over the phone contingent upon background check clearance. Both phone interviews were very casual and talked mostly about experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • First call was from HR and just talked about the position and requirements and a review of my qualifications and experience, education,...etc... The second call was an overview of what the territory included (ie number of accounts, territory parameters, etc). More detailed questions on my experience and salary requirements, benefits, mileage, etc..   Answer Question
    The pay is low-ask for the max amount!!

Mandate Retail Service Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acosta in September 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter...recruiter had some details wrong. Phone interview with direct manager the next day. He informed me no new hires for this particular job above $11/hr. Told him thanks but no thanks. I was called by recruiter the next day with offer at $13/hr, equal to wage I was making with my current employer (Advantage) at the time.

Interview Questions
    • no real hard questions...all mainly about experience and wage   Answer Question
    Was told by hiring manager that they do not offer more than $10 or $11/hour. Told him I wouldnt work less than what I was currently earning with Advantage ($13) and asked for $14/hr. He said no, but then I was called by recruiter later that day with a ob offer at $13/hour.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acosta in August 2014.

Was contacted via phone and email regarding a position in my area, sent an email with information regarding the local manager who would contact me. I hadn't heard anything towards the end of the week before my Monday start so I reached out to the manager. They returned my call the next day and asked if I could meet for the in person meeting Friday or Saturday. I met them at a location in between where they were located and where I am located. The only miscommunication was the person on the phone had mentioned a different territory and the in person manager had mentioned a different one. It's ok as long as there's plenty of work available and am able to straighten out the issue.

Interview Questions
    The manager stated I would be able to switch to the correct territory at some point.

Applied for Assistant Branch Manager, Interviewed for Merchandiser? Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I apply through online portal for the Assistant Branch Manager position. Got a call about a week later by an HR. The call lasted 5 mins and she mentioned the job will be driving from stores to stores to do inventory. I realized at this time this is a completely different position and job description that I applied online. However, I agreed to move on to have a phone interview with the branch manager.

The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and there wasn't any significant questions to mention. They are almost take anyone that have a car and be able to drive around. He asked if the recruiter talked about the job details. I told him they only talked a bit but not much. He then went on to further
    explaining about the job. Again, its basically driving around taking inventory from stores to stores. I also asked about the compensation and he said the HR will tell me more about that.The branch manger expressed that I was overqualified for the position and mentioned on the phone that I am hired. I played along to see if they will mention about the Assistant Branch Manger.

Later on, I received an email from the HR congratulate me on being hired for the Merchandiser position. This confirmed to me that they are using bait and switch to get people applying. I was also asked for a drug test and refill my application ( I used my nickname while applying). The top of the application clearly mentioned the position is "Assistant Branch Manger". I also send an email asking for the detail of my compensation.

Next day I got a call from HR about filling the application. I asked her about compensation. She told me $11/hr. I told here that the branch manager was mentioning $12/hr. She said I don't have any merchandise experience. I asked her to send me an email of the detailed offer. She said it will be given when my training starts. This is a terrible start.

I decided not playing anymore. Clearly, Acosta uses bait and switch tactic hiring practice and would nickel and dime you everything. This is not great even for the Merchandiser position since it is you have to pay upfront your traveling cost and printing cost. Given that they said they will reimburse those costs but I'd not expect anything above minimum or even short to cover your expenses.

It wouldn't be bad if I was applying for the Merchandiser position and the HR would show a bit of generosity instead of trying to cheap a potential employee in anyway possible. A sign that I'd run away to avoid being screwed since you have to pay upfront for cost and trying to get reimbursements.

I got calls from the branch manager a couple times trying to set up a date to start but I never returned. A couple days later I got an email saying that they are not moving forward with my application for the "Assistant Branch Manager".

Interview Questions

Bad hiring practice. Cheap offer.

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Acosta.

I applied through Indeed and received a phone call about a week later from the manager. We agreed to meet the next day for an interview. The interview was very easy and the managers only concern was that I was over qualified for the job. He said the HR would call me in the next few days with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions, just simple and professional ones.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acosta in April 2014.

Called on the phone and asked some experience questions. Told the basics of what the job duties are and asked if still interested in the job. Then a manager calls and asks some questions and basically offered the position on the spot. Fill out lots of paperwork online.

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Acosta in April 2013.

Phone interview and then you meet up in person for an interview, the questions were basic and didn't require that much though if you know what a planogram is or item schematic and had previous store experience.

Interview Questions
    • You must have knowledge on Planograms and Schematics. Store work are bonuses in this field.   View Answer
    No negotiation standard rate for all entry level employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Acosta in September 2010.

Sent in resume via job posting on indeed.com, recruiter called me and conducted a phone interview. Very basic questions about my prior jobs and responsibilities. They asked me about my sales and customer service experience and if I had experience with the food industry. It was very quick and they hired me right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. It was more of a conversation about my relevant work experience. I was VERY over qualified but wanted a part time flexible job. He was trying to convince me to take the job.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable it was a flat rate of pay per hour. No raises in 4 years. They did not mention that at the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Acosta in September 2013.

One (1) ten (10) minute initial phone interview. The interviewer had done their homework and realized my experience, asked a few basic questions and was prepared to offer me the position immediately. It was great to be treated as an individual and not as "just another applicant, being asked the standard line of behavioral questions, by a disinterested HR professional simply going thru the motions."

Interview Questions
    • Normal, basic questions confirming information they already were provided with.   Answer Question
    Immediate! They offered maximum rate, I accepted.

Mandate Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Acosta in January 2014.

I was contacted for an interview 24 hours after submitting my application online. I was first contacted by a recruiter who asked a list of typical questions asked of potential merchandisers. The next day I was contacted by the area manager for a phone interview. I was offered a position at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!