Acosta

Average Difficulty
90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Coverage Merchandiser

I applied online - interviewed at Acosta in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then you meet up in person for an interview, the questions were basic and didn't require that much though if you know what a planogram is or item schematic and had previous store experience.

Interview Question – You must have knowledge on Planograms and Schematics. Store work are bonuses in this field.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation standard rate for all entry level employees.

Very Easy Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acosta in September 2010.

Interview Details – Sent in resume via job posting on indeed.com, recruiter called me and conducted a phone interview. Very basic questions about my prior jobs and responsibilities. They asked me about my sales and customer service experience and if I had experience with the food industry. It was very quick and they hired me right away.

Interview Question – Nothing really. It was more of a conversation about my relevant work experience. I was VERY over qualified but wanted a part time flexible job. He was trying to convince me to take the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable it was a flat rate of pay per hour. No raises in 4 years. They did not mention that at the interview.

Very Easy Interview

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acosta in September 2013.

Interview Details – One (1) ten (10) minute initial phone interview. The interviewer had done their homework and realized my experience, asked a few basic questions and was prepared to offer me the position immediately. It was great to be treated as an individual and not as "just another applicant, being asked the standard line of behavioral questions, by a disinterested HR professional simply going thru the motions."

Interview Question – Normal, basic questions confirming information they already were provided with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Immediate! They offered maximum rate, I accepted.

Mandate Merchandiser Interview

Mandate Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Acosta in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview 24 hours after submitting my application online. I was first contacted by a recruiter who asked a list of typical questions asked of potential merchandisers. The next day I was contacted by the area manager for a phone interview. I was offered a position at the end of interview.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel occasionally.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acosta in June 2013.

Interview Details – Screened over phone. Interview following week. Arrived early waited 40 minutes. Panel interview - one on computer- left after 10 minutes. 2nd Interviewer: Spoke to me 20 minutes -had meeting. No communication. Followed up and told still under consideration and nothing.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Asked about experience and asked how I got into HR.   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Category Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Acosta.

Interview Details – I applied in April of 2014 and I was called by the hiring manager to set up an interview with the manager from the category team. He scheduled the wrong time because we were in different time zones, so I initially missed the call, but I called back. It seemed as though the interview was going well, asked very general behavioral questions, and about my resume. She said they would be in contact with me to let me know if I had made it on to the next round. A week had passed, and I decided to call the HR manager since he never sent me a confirmation email like he said he would, and he said that I had actually made it on to the second round of interviewing, so I was really excited. About a week and half passed and I never heard anything back, and decided to call and leave another message, but no one ever got back to me.

Interview Question – What significant impacts did you make with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Business Manager Assistant - BMA Interview

Business Manager Assistant - BMA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acosta.

Interview Details – Applied online through careerbuilder.com. Got a phone call a few days later for phone interview with HR rep from local office. Then invited for in person interview with HR rep and two supervisors. Was hired offered the position at the end of interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't any questions that I didn't expected or thought was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. HR rep stated the compensation right away during the phone interview.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Retail Merchandiser
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acosta in May 2014.

Interview Details – Employee Referral led me to the company. I have the experience and education needed to excel at the position.

1st Interview: Was contacted in less than 24hrs after applying by a professional and pleasant HR Recruiter. Basic set of questions followed by explanation of job duties and requirements. Was told I would get the higher hourly rate for region.

2nd Interview: Was unable to answer manager's phone call, called back, eventually emailed and was informed would be called back

Interview Question – Which past experience has prepared you for this type of position?   Answer Question

IMPACT Retail Associate Interview

IMPACT Retail Associate

Interviewed at Acosta

Interview Details – The first interview was by a recruiter and the 2nd one with the area manager. Very basic and description of the job. The manager accepted me but still waiting for drug test and background check.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Retail Merchandiser
Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acosta in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter for basic simple interview and to talk about the specific job. A week later contacted by manager in charge of project, very basic, non engaging. Three days later was contacted by recruiter again, and emailed I-9 forms and drug testing, Background check authorization. Whole process took 3 weeks.

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!