Acosta Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.0

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acosta.

Interview

There basically isn't one to get hired. Someone calls you up and asks some basic questions and then makes you a monetary offer. Experience plays nothing in how much you are offered.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acosta (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I wanted to transfer from one division to another for an open position,wouldnt even talk to me.I am currently working for Acosta. My area was restructured and my job eliminated. I was able to get one store 80 miles round trip.I have a great reputation for training,merchandising,success.

Business Manager Assistant - BMA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Acosta (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very brief interview. Normal questions asked. Nothing was asked to throw you off guard. We discussed the position as an entry level position with low salary. The offer was made and I was given 3 days to make a decision or the offer would rescind. There is no room for negotiation in pay or any other aspects of the offer.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acosta.

Interview

I applied online and was given brief phone interview. I went in to the office the following week and had an in person interview. The interview was fairly laid back and didn't seem uncomfortable on either side.

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Perhaps the weirdest interview experience I have ever had. I was told during the initial phone screen call that the salary was less than half of my current salary. I thanked the screener and indicated that I was not interested in pursuing the opportunity. A week later, I received another call from the recruiter indicating they would like to schedule an interview and knew that my salary requirement is doubled than what they are offering. He said that they may be able to adjust once we interviewed. Looking back, I am glad that we scheduled a video interview and that I did not have to drive across town because the hiring manager went on and on about the problems he is facing and how he is looking for someone to come in to essentially "pull the wolves off" him. He portrayal of the department and company was so negative that I could not set foot in those doors.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall any questions the hiring manager asked because all I heard was his constant complaints about his problems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acosta in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview and then invited for a second in-person interview. Very conversational. They just want to see if you will be a fit for their company. The overall experience was good and they wanted to make sure that if they hire you, that you will stay for a while. Know your resume well and be comfortable with carrying on a conversation with your potential supervisors.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Acosta (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The position was posted for months. I was contacted within two weeks of the application. Phone interview with hiring manager, then about a month later onsite interviews with multiple individuals separately and the hiring manager. Two months later, I received an auto rejection letter thanking me for interviewing and my interest in the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you manager customer expectations? The most difficult was a live scenario which was quite relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acosta.

Interview

Interview over phone, if experience and interest are there then you are forwarded to the unit manager who basically lets you know when you can start...friendly company, interview relaxed over the phone with HR recruiter from Florida main office

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acosta (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I apply through online portal for the Assistant Branch Manager position. Got a call about a week later by an HR. The call lasted 5 mins and she mentioned the job will be driving from stores to stores to do inventory. I realized at this time this is a completely different position and job description that I applied online. However, I agreed to move on to have a phone interview with the branch manager.

The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and there wasn't any significant questions to mention. They are almost take anyone that have a car and be able to drive around. He asked if the recruiter talked about the job details. I told him they only talked a bit but not much. He then went on to further
    explaining about the job. Again, its basically driving around taking inventory from stores to stores. I also asked about the compensation and he said the HR will tell me more about that.The branch manger expressed that I was overqualified for the position and mentioned on the phone that I am hired. I played along to see if they will mention about the Assistant Branch Manger.

Later on, I received an email from the HR congratulate me on being hired for the Merchandiser position. This confirmed to me that they are using bait and switch to get people applying. I was also asked for a drug test and refill my application ( I used my nickname while applying). The top of the application clearly mentioned the position is "Assistant Branch Manger". I also send an email asking for the detail of my compensation.

Next day I got a call from HR about filling the application. I asked her about compensation. She told me $11/hr. I told here that the branch manager was mentioning $12/hr. She said I don't have any merchandise experience. I asked her to send me an email of the detailed offer. She said it will be given when my training starts. This is a terrible start.

I decided not playing anymore. Clearly, Acosta uses bait and switch tactic hiring practice and would nickel and dime you everything. This is not great even for the Merchandiser position since it is you have to pay upfront your traveling cost and printing cost. Given that they said they will reimburse those costs but I'd not expect anything above minimum or even short to cover your expenses.

It wouldn't be bad if I was applying for the Merchandiser position and the HR would show a bit of generosity instead of trying to cheap a potential employee in anyway possible. A sign that I'd run away to avoid being screwed since you have to pay upfront for cost and trying to get reimbursements.

I got calls from the branch manager a couple times trying to set up a date to start but I never returned. A couple days later I got an email saying that they are not moving forward with my application for the "Assistant Branch Manager".

Interview Questions

Bad hiring practice. Cheap offer.

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Acosta.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and received a phone call about a week later from the manager. We agreed to meet the next day for an interview. The interview was very easy and the managers only concern was that I was over qualified for the job. He said the HR would call me in the next few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions, just simple and professional ones.   Answer Question