Acosta Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

Retali and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Acosta.

Interview

Very Easy, good interview I applied online and about a week later I recieved a phone call. I talked with the interviewer for maybe 20 minutes before he offered me the job. There were not any difficult to answer questions. It seemed as if he was just getting a feel for my personality. I almost felt like they just needed a warm body and I was nice so they hired me. I worked there for a few years and really enjoyed it.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acosta.

Interview

someone will call you from corporate, likely a recruiter. it's all done over the phone. they will ask your retail experience and that such. afterwards they'll tell you someone else will call for a second interview but it takes up to a week or two to hear back.

Interview Questions

• do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer

Court Jester Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acosta (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter couldn't give any concrete information on when or how often I would have work for this job. It seems the job is very uncertain and has a low rate of pay

Interview Questions

• He asked if I understood the parameters of the job. It seems pretty simple.   1 Answer

Retail Coverage Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acosta (Rome, GA).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I recieved a phone call. I talked with the interviewer for maybe 20 minutes before he offered me the job. There were not any difficult to answer questions. It seemed as if he was just getting a feel for my personality. I almost felt like they just needed a warm body and I was nice so they hired me. I worked there for a few years and really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working alone without direct supervision?   Answer Question

PT Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Acosta (Jefferson, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from their HR department offering me the job and was then called half an hour later from the woman who would be my direct manager.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acosta (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process begins when you submit your resume to their website. After that, an initial phone screening is performed by an HR associate to verify everything on your resume. If that person decides you should continue to move on, you will interview with four different people within the office. First, you will meet with the VPs (3) of the departments; they all have different situational questions for you, and will explain how and when they would be interacting with you if hired. Lastly, you interview with a person who would be your mentor in the LDP program. This interview is much less formal, and is more a test to see how compatible you two are. Generally, there will be 2-4 potential mentors, and you will have this brief meeting with all of them. Once you’ve completed this process, you need to take a drug test, and then the formal offer can be confirmed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data analysis to solve a problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate my offer in any way. As an entry level employee in a large company, I did not think the offer was going to be very flexible.

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Acosta (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was pleasant and very hopeful, I am used to getting the job. I met with the Regional Supervisor who was very overwhelmed. He explained the job in detail and sounded like a good company to work for. I know of a rep for the company who I run into frequently. He stated that the position had not been filled yet. I called him immediately, he sounded confused and did not seem to know what I was talking about. I never heard back, boy did they miss out!

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acosta.

Interview

There basically isn't one to get hired. Someone calls you up and asks some basic questions and then makes you a monetary offer. Experience plays nothing in how much you are offered.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acosta (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I wanted to transfer from one division to another for an open position,wouldnt even talk to me.I am currently working for Acosta. My area was restructured and my job eliminated. I was able to get one store 80 miles round trip.I have a great reputation for training,merchandising,success.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Acosta (Appleton, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with H.R. asking various questions about merchandising. If I was willing to take a drug test and fill out information for a background check. They called back the next day and had me fill out the paperwork and set up a face to face interview with the Supervisor. Again quite the same questions, offered the position pending passing the above.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the different merchandising you have done and how long you have been merchandising.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Can you lift 30 lbs?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Do mind working alone with little supervision?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Can you work weekends once in awhile?   1 Answer