Acosta

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.0

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acosta.

Interview over phone, if experience and interest are there then you are forwarded to the unit manager who basically lets you know when you can start...friendly company, interview relaxed over the phone with HR recruiter from Florida main office

none

Applied for Assistant Branch Manager, Interviewed for Merchandiser? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acosta in August 2014.

I apply through online portal for the Assistant Branch Manager position. Got a call about a week later by an HR. The call lasted 5 mins and she mentioned the job will be driving from stores to stores to do inventory. I realized at this time this is a completely different position and job description that I applied online. However, I agreed to move on to have a phone interview with the branch manager.

The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and there wasn't any significant questions to mention. They are almost take anyone that have a car and be able to drive around. He asked if the recruiter talked about the job details. I told him they only talked a bit but not much. He then went on to further
    explaining about the job. Again, its basically driving around taking inventory from stores to stores. I also asked about the compensation and he said the HR will tell me more about that.The branch manger expressed that I was overqualified for the position and mentioned on the phone that I am hired. I played along to see if they will mention about the Assistant Branch Manger.

Later on, I received an email from the HR congratulate me on being hired for the Merchandiser position. This confirmed to me that they are using bait and switch to get people applying. I was also asked for a drug test and refill my application ( I used my nickname while applying). The top of the application clearly mentioned the position is "Assistant Branch Manger". I also send an email asking for the detail of my compensation.

Next day I got a call from HR about filling the application. I asked her about compensation. She told me $11/hr. I told here that the branch manager was mentioning $12/hr. She said I don't have any merchandise experience. I asked her to send me an email of the detailed offer. She said it will be given when my training starts. This is a terrible start.

I decided not playing anymore. Clearly, Acosta uses bait and switch tactic hiring practice and would nickel and dime you everything. This is not great even for the Merchandiser position since it is you have to pay upfront your traveling cost and printing cost. Given that they said they will reimburse those costs but I'd not expect anything above minimum or even short to cover your expenses.

It wouldn't be bad if I was applying for the Merchandiser position and the HR would show a bit of generosity instead of trying to cheap a potential employee in anyway possible. A sign that I'd run away to avoid being screwed since you have to pay upfront for cost and trying to get reimbursements.

I got calls from the branch manager a couple times trying to set up a date to start but I never returned. A couple days later I got an email saying that they are not moving forward with my application for the "Assistant Branch Manager".

Interview Questions

Bad hiring practice. Cheap offer.

Retail Coverage Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Acosta.

I applied through Indeed and received a phone call about a week later from the manager. We agreed to meet the next day for an interview. The interview was very easy and the managers only concern was that I was over qualified for the job. He said the HR would call me in the next few days with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions, just simple and professional ones.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acosta in August 2014.

Was contacted via phone and email regarding a position in my area, sent an email with information regarding the local manager who would contact me. I hadn't heard anything towards the end of the week before my Monday start so I reached out to the manager. They returned my call the next day and asked if I could meet for the in person meeting Friday or Saturday. I met them at a location in between where they were located and where I am located. The only miscommunication was the person on the phone had mentioned a different territory and the in person manager had mentioned a different one. It's ok as long as there's plenty of work available and am able to straighten out the issue.

Interview Questions
    The manager stated I would be able to switch to the correct territory at some point.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Acosta in August 2014.

A lady from HR called me. She was rude and wouldn't let me speak. She spoke over me any time I tried to ask a question and she did not have any of the route information correct.

not able to negotiate

Business Manager Assistant - BMA Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Acosta.

Applied online through careerbuilder.com. Got a phone call a few days later for phone interview with HR rep from local office. Then invited for in person interview with HR rep and two supervisors. Was hired offered the position at the end of interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any questions that I didn't expected or thought was difficult.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. HR rep stated the compensation right away during the phone interview.

Category Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Acosta.

I applied in April of 2014 and I was called by the hiring manager to set up an interview with the manager from the category team. He scheduled the wrong time because we were in different time zones, so I initially missed the call, but I called back. It seemed as though the interview was going well, asked very general behavioral questions, and about my resume. She said they would be in contact with me to let me know if I had made it on to the next round. A week had passed, and I decided to call the HR manager since he never sent me a confirmation email like he said he would, and he said that I had actually made it on to the second round of interviewing, so I was really excited. About a week and half passed and I never heard anything back, and decided to call and leave another message, but no one ever got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • What significant impacts did you make with your previous employer?   Answer Question

IMPACT Retail Associate Interview

The first interview was by a recruiter and the 2nd one with the area manager. Very basic and description of the job. The manager accepted me but still waiting for drug test and background check.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acosta in May 2014.

Employee Referral led me to the company. I have the experience and education needed to excel at the position.

1st Interview: Was contacted in less than 24hrs after applying by a professional and pleasant HR Recruiter. Basic set of questions followed by explanation of job duties and requirements. Was told I would get the higher hourly rate for region.

2nd Interview: Was unable to answer manager's phone call, called back, eventually emailed and was informed would be called back

Interview Questions
    • Which past experience has prepared you for this type of position?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acosta in April 2014.

Called on the phone and asked some experience questions. Told the basics of what the job duties are and asked if still interested in the job. Then a manager calls and asks some questions and basically offered the position on the spot. Fill out lots of paperwork online.