Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Acosta
- Retail Coverage Merchandiser (19)
- Retail Merchandiser (13)
- Merchandiser (12)
- Leadership Development Program Associate (9)
- Retail Coverage Specialist (6)
- Unit Manager (6)
- Retail Sales Representative (6)
- Business Manager Assistant - BMA (5)
- Reset Merchandising Specialist (3)
- Customer Service Coordinator (3)
- Business Manager Assistant (3)
- Category Analyst (3)
- Territory Manager (2)
- Outside Sales Representative (2)
- RCM (2)
- Claims Coordinator/Sales Support (2)
- Merchandiser Associate (2)
- IMPACT Retail Associate (2)
- Business Manager (2)
- Retail Continuity Merchandiser (1)
- Mandate Merchandiser (1)
- Applied for Assistant Branch Manager, Interviewed for Merchandiser? (1)
- Mandate Retail Service Merchandiser (1)
- Court Jester (1)
- PT Retail Merchandiser (1)
- Retali and Sales Representative (1)
- Business Process Solutions Expert (1)
- Mandate Retail Services Merchandiser (1)
- Retail Service Merchandiser (1)
- Project Managing Intern (1)
Unit Manager Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acosta (Atlanta, GA).
Only one interview in person.
- What is one of your weaknesses? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Acosta
Unit Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acosta (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.
Been with company 7 years as a RCM ,aka merchandiser, had interview for Unit mgr position. The senior mgr. never asked about my experiences as mgr. from previous jobs, she did most of the talking on how she worked up, and her what she did on her days off. came right out and said how company does NOT give raises, they spend on equipment.
- was asked, what my supervisor would say about me, the thing is, in 7 years I had 7 supervisors, each one only worked with me once for only a few hours. Company looks at your performance with what's on your electronic review. 1 Answer
Unit Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Acosta (Norfolk, VA) in April 2013.
The interview process was great however the HR department is in no hurry. It took over a month to finalize employment even after I was offered the job at the first interview. It took over three weeks for the position to be posted as open on their website so I could officially apply. Then it took two more weeks for various background checks ect.
- I was already in the industry so nothing was unexpected, Answer Question
No negotiation at all. The person hiring did not even have correct information.
Unit Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Acosta (Kansas City, MO).
I applied online, via a well known job board, and was called by a recruiter hours after the application. The recruiter was explaining a completely different position than the one I had applied. I was confused by that but continued the phone interview. When I brought up the position I had originally applied for, the recruiter told me to take it up with the woman I'd be interviewing with the following week. As soon as I agreed to an interview, I was emailed by the next person I'd be dealing with through this interview process. She said "feel free the email me with any other questions about this position you may have." So I did. I inquired about an opening for the position I actually applied to, asked about hours/days, health benefits...the typical questions an educated job seeker would ask. I got an automated email saying that she was out of the office and would get back to me as soon as possible. I waited about two days, then called. I was told that she'd reach out via email and was still interested in my application. I was never emailed again. She left two messages, as I was unable to answer my phone at work, and never emailed a response. I assume that this company was avoiding putting anything into writing, avoiding email response, and too busy to contact me by phone.
- The most difficult part of this interview was getting a hold of the next person who was "Very interested in my application!" Answer Question
Unit Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acosta (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.
Applied online. Talked on the phone with HR rep same day, (very nice lady), asked about my retail and management experience. Waited 1 day and received a call from the positions direct supervisor. Asked more questions about personal integrity, work ethic and questions about theoretical situations. what would I do if an associate was not doing the job within company standards for example. Waited 2 days called back with offer, accepted. Company was hiring for a new position so exact details about the territory and training we sparse. In general very positive experience, everyone I talked to was very friendly and personable, didn't feel like other phone interviews I have had where you can tell that they are just asking the questions from a list, seemed actually interested in my answers.
- Tell me what you would do if you found out an associate was not reporting for work but claiming they had. 1 Answer
none, was offered more than I had initially asked for
Unit Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Acosta.
Hiring is now handled by corporate recruiters. Keep in touch and follow-up.
- Make sure you ask about and understand the responsibilities of the position. For being salary, you know the drill. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review