Acosta Unit Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acosta (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Only one interview in person.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Acosta

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acosta (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Been with company 7 years as a RCM ,aka merchandiser, had interview for Unit mgr position. The senior mgr. never asked about my experiences as mgr. from previous jobs, she did most of the talking on how she worked up, and her what she did on her days off. came right out and said how company does NOT give raises, they spend on equipment.

Interview Questions

• was asked, what my supervisor would say about me, the thing is, in 7 years I had 7 supervisors, each one only worked with me once for only a few hours. Company looks at your performance with what's on your electronic review.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Acosta (Norfolk, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was great however the HR department is in no hurry. It took over a month to finalize employment even after I was offered the job at the first interview. It took over three weeks for the position to be posted as open on their website so I could officially apply. Then it took two more weeks for various background checks ect.

Interview Questions

• I was already in the industry so nothing was unexpected,   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. The person hiring did not even have correct information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Acosta (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I applied online, via a well known job board, and was called by a recruiter hours after the application. The recruiter was explaining a completely different position than the one I had applied. I was confused by that but continued the phone interview. When I brought up the position I had originally applied for, the recruiter told me to take it up with the woman I'd be interviewing with the following week. As soon as I agreed to an interview, I was emailed by the next person I'd be dealing with through this interview process. She said "feel free the email me with any other questions about this position you may have." So I did. I inquired about an opening for the position I actually applied to, asked about hours/days, health benefits...the typical questions an educated job seeker would ask. I got an automated email saying that she was out of the office and would get back to me as soon as possible. I waited about two days, then called. I was told that she'd reach out via email and was still interested in my application. I was never emailed again. She left two messages, as I was unable to answer my phone at work, and never emailed a response. I assume that this company was avoiding putting anything into writing, avoiding email response, and too busy to contact me by phone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this interview was getting a hold of the next person who was "Very interested in my application!"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acosta (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Talked on the phone with HR rep same day, (very nice lady), asked about my retail and management experience. Waited 1 day and received a call from the positions direct supervisor. Asked more questions about personal integrity, work ethic and questions about theoretical situations. what would I do if an associate was not doing the job within company standards for example. Waited 2 days called back with offer, accepted. Company was hiring for a new position so exact details about the territory and training we sparse. In general very positive experience, everyone I talked to was very friendly and personable, didn't feel like other phone interviews I have had where you can tell that they are just asking the questions from a list, seemed actually interested in my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if you found out an associate was not reporting for work but claiming they had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, was offered more than I had initially asked for

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Acosta.

Interview

Hiring is now handled by corporate recruiters. Keep in touch and follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you ask about and understand the responsibilities of the position. For being salary, you know the drill.   Answer Question