Acquis Consulting Group

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acquis Consulting Group

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in April 2012.

I came across the company on an article that highlighted the best small consulting firms to work for. I contacted an HR manager on Linkedin who asked me to forward my resume. Within a week, I got an email for a telephonic interview with one of the partners at the firm. The interview was short, 15-20 minutes, and was just a walk through my resume. After two days, I got an email requesting me to come to the office in NY for a face-to-face interview.

I interviewed with two consultants at their office. One was a case interview with two open-ended cases. Evaluating the factors involved with having a consolidated, global data warehouse for a company, and analyzing the pros and cons of replacing laptops with iPads for 100 salespeople in a company.

The behavioral interview was basic. Questions about my resume, work experience, why consulting etc. I think it went well, but not great. I wasn't expecting a call back and got a reject the next week. The company is great, a little elitist though.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of work do you think you can even do in your sleep, and what kind is an absolute no-brainer.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Acquis Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in November 2011.

I applied online via a monster.com advertisement and through their corporate website. The interview was scheduled a week later through email for a phone interview with one of the Senior Associates. The interview consisted of about 15 minutes of behavior based questions. The interviewer opened the dialogue up for questions. The general feel from the interviewer was that they were looking for associates that fit into their culture that are looking for long term careers.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in this position?   View Answer

Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in March 2011.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted within a few days by a member of HR. An initial phone screen was scheduled for the following week. I was told the interview would not involve case questions and would be "behavioral" in nature. Also, I was told the interview would last about 20 minutes.

On the day of the interview, I received a call from a member of Acquis at the scheduled time. During the first five minutes he asked me several times why I wanted to work at a small consulting firm and what were the advantages of a small consulting firm compared to a large firm. He also asked if I was interviewing at any large consulting firms.

After the initial five minutes of questioning, I had to carry the rest of the interview. There were no case questions, and the interviewer did not ask any questions about my resume. It was good that I had several questions so I was able to use up the remaining time.

Overall, the interviewer seemed nice and to be very candid in his answers. I would suggest you make sure you have a good story for why you want to work at a small consulting firm. Be ready to explain the advantages. It seemed like my interviewer thought I was more interested in large firms, which was not true. I was very interested in Acquis, but the day after the interview I received an email stating I was not selected to move forward in the process. Best of luck to future interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working at a small consulting firm?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of a small consulting firm compared to a large consulting firm?   Answer Question
    • Consulting involves a lot of traveling. Are you able to handle the travel associated with this job?   Answer Question
    • When would be available for a 2nd round interview? When would you be able to start work for Acquis?   Answer Question