Acquis Consulting Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR via email. My interview was scheduled a week later on a Wed afternoon. Initially I had trouble hearing the interviewer. I believe she was a little away from the speaker. The rest of the interview process was usual conversation about background and why I wanted to move to a smaller firm. Currently, I am associated with one of the largest banks. The firm seems to have its hands in all kinds of industries with no specific focus. I could figure out during the interview that she was not much keen in my candidature. She sounded uninterested and didnt even make mention the next steps. The interview was supposed to last for 20 minutes but was over in 15 mins. In that short timeframe, I asked questions for 5 mins. After a week, I got an email from HR that they didnt want to move forward. I think they were simply testing waters and didnt have any dire requirement.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. It was primarily behavior. Mainly interviewer wanted to know what skills I am looking to apply in the next job, which I am unable to do now.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – I came across the company on an article that highlighted the best small consulting firms to work for. I contacted an HR manager on Linkedin who asked me to forward my resume. Within a week, I got an email for a telephonic interview with one of the partners at the firm. The interview was short, 15-20 minutes, and was just a walk through my resume. After two days, I got an email requesting me to come to the office in NY for a face-to-face interview.

I interviewed with two consultants at their office. One was a case interview with two open-ended cases. Evaluating the factors involved with having a consolidated, global data warehouse for a company, and analyzing the pros and cons of replacing laptops with iPads for 100 salespeople in a company.

The behavioral interview was basic. Questions about my resume, work experience, why consulting etc. I think it went well, but not great. I wasn't expecting a call back and got a reject the next week. The company is great, a little elitist though.

Interview Question – What kind of work do you think you can even do in your sleep, and what kind is an absolute no-brainer.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview went extremely well. Very basic and behavioral. Got a call back to a 1:1 where I interviewed with three different mid level HR/Principle Associates. Seemed to ask the same behavioral Qs in each round. Found myself repeating my experiences and background, it was quite redundant and fatiguing considering how late (5pm) the interview began. Also the case study isn't a typical case study, it was a broad process oriented problem that was clearly thought of on the spot. Overall not the best interview in terms of having a back and forth conversation with your interviewer. But the office is very zen like and comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself (x3)   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online via a monster.com advertisement and through their corporate website. The interview was scheduled a week later through email for a phone interview with one of the Senior Associates. The interview consisted of about 15 minutes of behavior based questions. The interviewer opened the dialogue up for questions. The general feel from the interviewer was that they were looking for associates that fit into their culture that are looking for long term careers.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in this position?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group

Interview Details – did a phone interview and was selected for an in person interview following a few weeks...went to the in person interview and was told the interview processs would be several hours and was not told that initially ( i had an interview scheduled elsewhere later that day)

Interview Question – The first part of the interview was done by 3 consultants in a rotational setting   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview to discuss the company and my background. Having been in top management consulting companies, including McK I was entertaining an idea to join a small growing practice.

Acquis Consulting seemed to be a good candidate, so I thought until having a 10 minute discussion with a group that had no idea what consulting is.

To a question, what differentiates them from competition Olivia spent five minutes trying to explain that the company grows "organically" and competes "because it has existing client relationships". Here I am talking about someone who spent five years at Acquis Consulting.

Everyone I talked, while researching the firm seemed to have very mediocre backgrounds. Had no choice, but to laugh an move on to looking at other firms.

Interview Question – Here is a question you do not expect to hear on a consulting interview - "what is a business case?"   Answer Question

Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was contacted within a few days by a member of HR. An initial phone screen was scheduled for the following week. I was told the interview would not involve case questions and would be "behavioral" in nature. Also, I was told the interview would last about 20 minutes.

On the day of the interview, I received a call from a member of Acquis at the scheduled time. During the first five minutes he asked me several times why I wanted to work at a small consulting firm and what were the advantages of a small consulting firm compared to a large firm. He also asked if I was interviewing at any large consulting firms.

After the initial five minutes of questioning, I had to carry the rest of the interview. There were no case questions, and the interviewer did not ask any questions about my resume. It was good that I had several questions so I was able to use up the remaining time.

Overall, the interviewer seemed nice and to be very candid in his answers. I would suggest you make sure you have a good story for why you want to work at a small consulting firm. Be ready to explain the advantages. It seemed like my interviewer thought I was more interested in large firms, which was not true. I was very interested in Acquis, but the day after the interview I received an email stating I was not selected to move forward in the process. Best of luck to future interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at a small consulting firm?   Answer Question
  • What are the benefits of a small consulting firm compared to a large consulting firm?   Answer Question
  • Consulting involves a lot of traveling. Are you able to handle the travel associated with this job?   Answer Question
  • When would be available for a 2nd round interview? When would you be able to start work for Acquis?   Answer Question

Worked for Acquis Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!