Acquity Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in November 2013.

On Campus Interview Process followed up by second round of interviews in local office. First interview was with a junior employee on campus. Second round consisted of three interviews and a basic writing test. Consisted of a Behavioral Interview, Case Interview, Senior Manager Interview, and a New Hire Interview. My peers in the process were very well qualified and many were masters students from USC. Expect a more competitive process in the future when the firm is fully Folded into Accenture Interactive.

Other Interview Reviews for Acquity Group

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Acquity Group.

I got the interview though campus recruiting event. The interview process started with some simple basic information such as which side you may be more interested, business or technical. If your answer is business, they will place you into business analyst. If your answer if technical, they will place you into technical consultant, which main job function is programming. The recruiter went though my resume and ask some related question. At the end, I had a case interview asking me design a web for furniture store.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in October 2008.

- Recruiter event at a consulting conference and an on campus company presentation where you get to meet top management and peers in the workforce

- Initial on campus interview the day after the company presentation

- On site interview follows, with a written essay test and 4 face to face interviews. One is more technical with guesstimates and brainteasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Acquity Group in February 2008.

The interview process at Acquity is one of the longer ones I've experienced. It wasn't necessarily super difficult, but more lengthy in duration. I spent a few hours at their office and went through 3-4 interviews. Most of which were 2 on 1, the last was with the staffing director and that was a 1on 1 interview. After the interviews, there was a written test which asked a fairly open ended question. It was not technical in nature since the position I was hiring for was more functional. It was more of an exercise to expose your written skills. If you had a college writing class and you know how to organize your thoughts and write clear and concise statements, you’ll be fine. The Recruiter that I dealt with was great, she was very responsive to emails, organized the interview day perfectly and made sure everything went smoothly for me. Advice for those applying for both entry-level and mid-level positions, prepare for and practice behavioral type questions. For example, “Tell me of a time when you led a team or group of people in a project and there was a conflict. What did you do and what was the outcome?” Acquity LOVES questions like that and since I do too, it was a great match.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would determine how many house painters there are in the United States?   View Answers (7)
    The negotiation process was minimal. If you’re applying for a functional position, depending on your experience level and how badly they want you, will determine your negotiating power. However, do your research here at glassdoor.com on salaries for comparable consulting gigs. They did ask for a salary requirement or range. In my particular case, their initial offer was about 20-30% above my current salary, so I didn’t push it and accepted their offer. My biggest advice would be to clarify and re-clarify their bonus structure. Unfortunately, they do a great job marketing it, but when you weigh Acquity’s offer with other offers or your current job, please keep in mind that their bonus structure has a lot of “if the company/employee…” So while they tell you the bonus structure typically rewards ___% to employees, remember, those are the top 2% of the company and the super high performers. Chances are, you’re not going to get the right opportunities here to get that much utilization during your first year. On top of that, not only do you need to be utilized, the company as a whole needs to hit targets before the bonus pool even gets funded. That’s right, if you ARE lucky and do get utilized a lot, if the company doesn’t hit it’s mark, you don’t get a dime but you MIGHT get a email praise for your hard work, but even that isn’t a for sure thing.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group.

Interview was three hours long, with half hour interviews back to back.
    The recruiters were very welcoming and ran the interviews as smoothly as possible.

Interview Questions
    • The business case study had a question - How would the implementation of this particular system cut costs for the company XYZ?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in November 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter after receiving my resume through a recruitment event. I met two of them at the career expo on campus and was invited to an on-campus interview. I also went to the info session the night before the interview to get to know the recruitment team better.

The on-campus interview was straightforward. I thought there would be a behavioral section but my interviewer went over 3 case studies instead. The process took half an hour. I got two of them right but wasn't satisfied with my answer for the third one. However, I was still called in for an office interview around 2 weeks later.

The office interview includes a meet and greet while having lunch with the team (be confident and ask questions), a leadership interview, a technical interview, a Q an A round and a behavioral interview. Each of these is 30 minutes long. Another section is the 30 minute written section where you right a short essay on a given topic. I had over prepared for the interviews, but it felt much better just to be myself in the process. Keep the interviewers engaged and look out for moments when you start losing them while answering your questions.

I received an offer 15 days later.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a new project with a tough client, please explain what skills you bring to the table and how will you ensure 100% satisfaction with this client?   Answer Question
    Did not attempt to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Acquity Group.

Was contacted by a recruiter from the Chicago office. They read my resume from my school's career website. I went to the career fair and said hi to them. Got a call from them the next day saying they want to do an interview on-campus. Case studies.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are pretty standard. Just review some of the situations you would face when helping customers build an website and it should be fine.   Answer Question

Worked for Acquity Group? Contribute to the Community!