Acquity Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.5

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acquity Group.

Interview with three managers, then give presentation why you would be an effective sales rep.

No negotiation

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acquity Group in March 2013.

Initial interview was conducted by phone with the HR manager, followed by another with the hiring manager. Well organized, timely, and succinct questions were asked by all, and the general demeanor was excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Correlating past experiences with the open position description.   Answer Question

Another opportunity.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Acquity Group in December 2012.

The order went as follows: college event, phone interview, personality test (done at home), personal interview. I was pretty shocked at how informal everyone was. I interviewed with 4 people total: 1 VP, 1 manager, and 2 associates and I was pretty shocked by their lack of interviewing skills. I felt that throughout all 4 interviews I had control over the interview(s) because those interviewing me either: went off on unrelated tangents, didn't manage their time according to HR's schedule, or didn't ask the right questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you finance your college education? Where else are you applying and for what position(s)?   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect - Senior Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acquity Group in December 2012.

Extensive phone and in person. Be prepared for follow-up interviews. In my case I would strongly suggest you MAKE SURE the position is real. They have no regard for your time so their inexperience is profound.

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acquity Group in November 2012.

I was first contacted in the morning by the recruiter by phone. Within the 10-15 min interview, she asked me the usual questions (how did you find out about our company, At the end she told me to fill out a behavioral assessment and gave me an interview date and time. The interview day lasted 3 hours or so. You'll talk to several sales managers and the VP of Sales. Be prepared to write a short essay in 15 mins about technology and how it has affected you (and will affect you in 5 years). At the end of the day, we presented our presentations.

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? Why Acquity Group? They will ask you to make a PP presentation. Easy if you practice.   Answer Question

Associate, Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Acquity Group in October 2012.

It was a long and very elaborate process. Initially the HR kept updating the status regularly, but once the onsite interview was over, they failed to get back if they had a positive decision or not.
    First round was on campus. Where they actually have flash cards and ask you to choose one of them. Each contain a case.
    The one that I picked was on product pricing. They asked me to help a furniture store to brand and sell their products on a website I was designing. They went through my thought process and saw how I did it.
    I was then invited to their office in Chicago for the final round. Long day. Had a bunch of people. It was a round robin fashioned interview where they constantly had you switching rooms. Initial round was with one senior mgmt personnel (completely situation and behavioral round); next was with a current associate (again non-technical and behavioral); third round was technical (simple poker game implementation apart from the fact that the manager was unclear in most of his questions)
    By late noon, HR gave a tour of their office.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acquity Group in September 2012.

I had two phone interviews - one with the recruiter who initially reached out to me through LinkedIn, and one with the hiring director in my division. I then came in for an office interview the next week and met with 5 different interviewers over the course of 2 hours. There was also a short written "test" which is basically to make sure you can write well and put sentences together without glaring grammatical errors.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was probably "Where do you see the biggest opportunity for digital growth in the next 5-10 years?"   Answer Question
    They offered me the very top of my "desired salary" range that I initially gave to the recruiter, which was a 25% increase from my salary at my previous job, so I didn't negotiate although I know it is possible.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acquity Group.

1 screening interview by phone, 1 phone interview w/ exec, 2 in-person behavioral interviews, and 1 in-person interview w/ exec

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. Be prepared for the "Why AG?" question.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Acquity Group in June 2012.

Within hours of sending any correspondence, I received responses. The hiring staff was friendly and easy to speak to at all times. They scheduled me for phone interview and told me every step of the hiring process. Even though I was not hired, I have to say that applying for a job at Acquity Group was a nice experience thanks to their excellent HR staff.

I did not make it to the in person interview stage, but be prepared to make a short presentation on "Why Sales? Why Acquity Group? Why you?" Probably to test how well you can confidently use sales skills, to sell yourself. Also I was told to prepare for about a 4 hour day to interview with various members of their staff. It's a rough process, but I feel like if you go in prepared and take advantage of it you'll stand a great chance of being hired.

The phone interview took around 30 to 45 minutes. Questions were mostly about myself, and then about the company. They asked me if I knew what Acquity Group does and what the position would entail. After answering any questions, the person I spoke with would also discuss my response and help clarify any questions. They also answered all my questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was very standard. Just be able to speak confidently about the role of a Sales Representative at Acquity Group.   View Answer

Senior Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Acquity Group in April 2012.

1. A friend of mine referred me
    2. Got a call from recruiter and the discussion was about my skills and company's growth
    3. A Senior Technology Associate took telephonic interview (30 mints). It was all about my experience so far
    4. Onsite interview:
           4.1 One hour interview with Manager and Senior Associate. Usual Java, Web Services, Spring Framework questions(was easy).
           4.2 One hour interview with Senior Business Associate(Non Tech) . It was about what client's expectations, stress on job, travel required, deadlines etc etc (it was easy)
            4.3 One hour interview with CTO. Why do you wanna work for this company etc
            4.4 Essay Writing: Topic: How do you think Technology will transform your life in next 5 years. They just want to see your thought process and writing style.
    AFTER ALL THE INTERVIEWS, WENT TO HOTEL AND RECEIVED AN OFFER THROUGH EMAIL IN FEW HOURS.

In this company decisions are made quick as they are hiring a lot of people.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Write a java method to reverse a string.
      2. Explain LEFT, RIGHT JOINS in Database
      3. Explain Spring MVC
      4. How would you go about writing a Web Service
        Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate and I think my offer was in upper limit. Relocation expenses were reimbursed. No 401K matching.