Acquity Group

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Acquity Group.

Interview Details – I got the interview though campus recruiting event. The interview process started with some simple basic information such as which side you may be more interested, business or technical. If your answer is business, they will place you into business analyst. If your answer if technical, they will place you into technical consultant, which main job function is programming. The recruiter went though my resume and ask some related question. At the end, I had a case interview asking me design a web for furniture store.

Interview Question – Case interview, design a web for a furniture store   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter connected with me LinkedIn, and we scheduled an initial "get-to-know-you" interview. After that, I had a technical phone screen with a peer (same title/level), which I'm assuming went well. I was then invited to the Chicago office to interview with 3 sets of people (HR, managers, technical), plus do an on-site writing sample. Once the interview process was over, it took about 2 days before I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected "question" for me was the writing sample. I was told about it beforehand, but I really didn't know what to expect as far as the actual assignment. It ended up not being too bad - a simple essay on the future of technology.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was pretty simple. They asked what I was currently making, and instead I gave them a range of what I wanted to make. Their initial offer was well within that range. With the quarterly and year-end performance-based cash bonuses, it was a pretty decent offer.

Associate Interview

Associate
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acquity Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Submit resume at school career fair
2. Campus interview
3. Onsite interview at Irvine Office
4. Decision

Interview Question – Describe a typical software developement life cycle with given requirements on a client's site   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate, Technology Interview

Associate, Technology

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a campus recruiter after a career fair and set up the first interview. The first interview was basic and asked about my resume. There was also a case study in the first interview which wasn't too difficult.

The second round was in the Chicago office and it consisted of 5 interviews; 2 behavioral, 1 with a new associate, 1 written, and a programming knowledge test.

Interview Question – In one sentence, tell me why Acquity Group should hire you.   Answer Question

Consultant Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Consultant Senior User Experience Designer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Acquity Group.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter. She did a great job of explaining the history and culture of the company as well as the type of work they do. Very standard questions for me.

Had a second phone interview with the UX manager. It seemed to go well other than one of his final statements was "Well, I think I have everything I need to know here."

I did not hear back from the recruiter, even after I sent her an email inquiring about my status as a candidate.

Interview Question – What questions would you ask a client during a discovery meeting?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Digital Strategist
North Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was conducted by phone with the HR manager, followed by another with the hiring manager. Well organized, timely, and succinct questions were asked by all, and the general demeanor was excellent.

Interview Question – Correlating past experiences with the open position description.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another opportunity.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group.

Interview Details – Interview with three managers, then give presentation why you would be an effective sales rep.

Interview Question – What is sales to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Associate, Technology Interview

Associate, Technology
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Acquity Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was a long and very elaborate process. Initially the HR kept updating the status regularly, but once the onsite interview was over, they failed to get back if they had a positive decision or not.
First round was on campus. Where they actually have flash cards and ask you to choose one of them. Each contain a case.
The one that I picked was on product pricing. They asked me to help a furniture store to brand and sell their products on a website I was designing. They went through my thought process and saw how I did it.
I was then invited to their office in Chicago for the final round. Long day. Had a bunch of people. It was a round robin fashioned interview where they constantly had you switching rooms. Initial round was with one senior mgmt personnel (completely situation and behavioral round); next was with a current associate (again non-technical and behavioral); third round was technical (simple poker game implementation apart from the fact that the manager was unclear in most of his questions)
By late noon, HR gave a tour of their office.

Interview Question – Implement a poker card game with Java   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at Acquity Group

Interview Details – Very basic, most standard e-Comm and content management questions
Description of prev proj
Team managment
Designs implemented

Interview Question – White board one project   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews - one with the recruiter who initially reached out to me through LinkedIn, and one with the hiring director in my division. I then came in for an office interview the next week and met with 5 different interviewers over the course of 2 hours. There was also a short written "test" which is basically to make sure you can write well and put sentences together without glaring grammatical errors.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably "Where do you see the biggest opportunity for digital growth in the next 5-10 years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the very top of my "desired salary" range that I initially gave to the recruiter, which was a 25% increase from my salary at my previous job, so I didn't negotiate although I know it is possible.