Acquity Group

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter connected with me LinkedIn, and we scheduled an initial "get-to-know-you" interview. After that, I had a technical phone screen with a peer (same title/level), which I'm assuming went well. I was then invited to the Chicago office to interview with 3 sets of people (HR, managers, technical), plus do an on-site writing sample. Once the interview process was over, it took about 2 days before I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected "question" for me was the writing sample. I was told about it beforehand, but I really didn't know what to expect as far as the actual assignment. It ended up not being too bad - a simple essay on the future of technology.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was pretty simple. They asked what I was currently making, and instead I gave them a range of what I wanted to make. Their initial offer was well within that range. With the quarterly and year-end performance-based cash bonuses, it was a pretty decent offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and we chatted about my current situation, goals, skills, etc. After that, a phone-based technical interview was set up with someone in the same position I was applying for. That interview was about 30 min long and concentrated more on my "working" knowledge and projects rather than "book" knowledge of technologies. The next step was an on-site interview in the Chicago office where I met with 2 teams of 2, plus one of the executives. The first team concentrated on the technical side of the job, again focusing on the projects I had done and experience with certain technologies. The second team concentrated more on my soft skills, and culture-fit. The meeting with the executive was a combination of technical and culture, but he focused more on what I was looking for in a job and company. Very thorough interview process, but it helped me find out more about them, too.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about traveling?   View Answer
  • How do you see technology impacting your life in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have salary bands depending on the level and position that you are applying for. There was some room for negotiation, but not much. My only recommendation is do your homework on what you're worth and what others are getting for the same position.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – One HR Interview, followed by an interview with Engagement Manager and then in person interview with three people. In person interview had a written test, where one is given 15 minutes to write on a topic. Mine was, where technology will be in 5 years down the line. The inperson interviewers were - Portfolio Director, Engagement Manager and a Manager. They were each looking into different aspects at my skill sets.

Interview Question – 1) Talk about yourself, goals etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Acquity Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met with managers, senior execs, and subordinates or peers during the interview process. Questions on my resume and background, nothing too unusual, all pretty standard stuff. They expect you to know the technology on your resume, bring your "A" game, if you say it, you better be able to back it up, you will get called out on it if you try and fudge anything whatsover. The whole company is filled with really smart, bright people, and the interviews can be long and painful, which they then meet as a team or committee to discuss each candidate in depth, internally. The most unusual part of the interview process is that they provide you with a blank laptop and you are asked to write a short essay, the topic was something along the lines of "What role will technology play in the future?" or "What does technology mean to me?". They are asking more because they want to see that you can formulate thoughts and express them well in writing, rather than what technical knowledge you are able to write down.

Interview Question – Free form essay on a computer, "what role will technology place in the future"??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They didn't really negotiate on the salary, but I was able to ask for 3 weeks of vacation rather than 2 and got it. The interview was the fastest I've ever had, we went from a phone screen with a recruiter, a long / onsite one day interview, and an offer a few days later.

Irvine, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Acquity Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was a lengthly interview process consisting of a couple of phone interviews and a half day in office experience of panels and one on one interviews. I also had to take a short written test to prove my writing ability. The people at Acquity Group were very professional and seemed to have fun while also working hard.

Interview Question – Write an essay on how technology has influenced your life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very hard to negotiate. Everything is based on base salary. Overly large importance placed on previous base salary with no considerations for bonus. Bonus structure is very complicated and doesn't seem to add much to overall comp.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acquity Group

Worked for Acquity Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acquity Group Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Acquity Group employees and interview candidates.