Acronis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Interview

Technical
Woburn, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Acronis.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, in-person with hiring manager on one day, in-person interviews with two VP's on another day, in-person interview with a senior exec on another day, and a week later a remote interview with yet another senior exec. Then nothing. I sent emails asking for status, but never heard a thing.

Interview Question – The weren't any unexpected questions, and the ones they asked were rather general, not really technical.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acronis.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with recruiter that went very well. He then scheduled interview with member of executive team for the following week. Upon speaking with the executive, I was thrown off base by him immediately asking if I had any questions for him. This seemed odd, as most other interviews I've had include the interviewer asking me to walk through my experience and qualifications first.

Seeing that many of the staff are Russian, I asked if the company was being established as a US-based company or a Russian company with U.S. headquarters. Apparently, this was a very sensitive topic, as the exec responded angrily that he did not understand my question and then proceeded to tell me that Americans are too sensitive about Russians since the whole Edward Snowden incident. Okay...

At that point, I knew my interview was pretty much done. The call lasted 15-minutes. Once I got off the phone, I notified the recruiter that I was no longer interested in Acronis.

Interview Question – Before reviewing any of my background and experience, I was asked what questions I had for the company.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Acronis Head of Global HR responded to this review

Jun 11, 2014

We are a Swiss company.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

Interviewed at Acronis

Interview Details – The hiring process was convoluted at best. It changed with every management change. Interview schedules were not communicated well and people were left waiting and even rescheduled. Some candidates would interview with 5 people and others just one. The results were always mixed.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Woburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Acronis in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty thorough and I met with all of the proper stakeholders. They were decisive and I received direction in a timely fashion.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had competing priorities, and how you addressed the problem? What was the outcme?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer was very fair, and we discussed my salary requirements ahead of time so there were no surprises.

Acronis Account Manager Interview

Acronis Account Manager
Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acronis in February 2010.

Interview Details – It has changed so much over the past few years. When I went in I met with 6 or 7 different managers. I heard the same stories over and over about how successful they all are/were. They all talked a lot. Didn't really ask me anything, didn't answer most of my questions.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Acronis in February 2012.

Interview Details – It's no secret that Acronis has had some instability in recent years, and the interview team was very up-front about why, how it was being addressed at the highest levels and how the company planned to move forward. From my vantage point, they're making the right choices and doing the right things to address their lagging numbers and turnover. It was a great SE team and from my research in the industry/community, their SE manager is one of the best. They were aggressive in their pursuit of me as a candidate and stated that they are committed to hiring good talent as one of the steps to improve their business.

Interview Question – They asked about technology I previously sold/supported   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had an offer with a business closer to my professional background. The ramp-up time at Acronis would have taken much longer. I then turned around and told 2 friends to go interview there.

PR Manager Interview

PR Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Acronis.

Interview Details – Was represented by a headhunter as he saw my credentials in LinkedIn. The interview process was long as I was told that the hirer in the U.S. has left. Hence they put the position on hold and reopened the position again after some time. Did a peer interview which was not what I'd have expected as the person (seems a lot more junior in industry experience than me) does not understand the discipline of the job and dismissed many of my credentials and experience to their HR. Worst, the headhunter did not even try to convince them. Nonetheless, I think it is a blessing in disguise as I watched their latest ad campaign which I don't think it is appropriate. I don't know how I could represent them as a PR person as such :(

Interview Question – None but I guess the person in the peer interview does not know the job entails and hence didn't share much about it. Just checking up on my past experiences/credentials.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Acronis in March 2011.

Interview Details – they did not call references and was hired within the same week I interviewed

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acronis in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was organized and went well.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions challenging   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Acronis in June 2008.

Interview Details – pretty straight forward. Only one interview before being hired.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Acronis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acronis interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Acronis employees and interview candidates.