Act-On Software Interview Questions

2.2

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Act-On Software in September 2014.

Applied online for the job, got an e-mail about 3 months later from their HR/front desk person asking for an initial phone screen. The initial phone screen was done by the HR/front desk person, asking general questions about my experience & provided an overview of the company. She indicated that a call with the hiring manager based in San Francisco would be scheduled. About 2 weeks later the call with the hiring manager was scheduled, asked a lot of questions about knowledge in several different areas (E-mail marketing, server technology, database technology, marketing practices, CRM etc). Basically he was in the process of re-structuring the product management group and was probing to see where I would fit in.

After a few days I heard back from the HR/front desk person indicating they would like me to come in to the Beaverton office for 2 hours to speak with an Engineering lead. That was a more pointed discussion to make sure that the person hired could get along with the Engineering group which is pretty much all that is in Beaverton. I could only stay an hour due to my existing job so asked to re-schedule the other hour. HR/front desk person scheduled yet another call with the hiring manager, more questions along the same line as the previous ones. He indicated that he wanted me to speak with the CMO and that he was ready to move forward with an offer, he made a point to ask me that if he called back the next day with an offer what would I do.

The hiring manager then calls me to ask me what my salary requirements are which I had already given to the HR/front desk person during our initial phone screen. He indicated that was more than what their developers make but he really wanted me to join the team so he would work it out. Got an e-mail the next day stating that the CMO had to re-schedule the call, by this time I really don't want the job anymore I am worn out. Finally got an e-mail from the HR/front desk person stating that they had found someone else, what a relief.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when an Engineer tells you something cant be done.   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Act-On Software.

The interview process was awkward. This was for their new office. They bring you to hotel room and sit you in a small room with 3 or 4 interviewers at different tables. You will go around the world and visit every table and they ask you similar questions in all the tables. Unfortunately, they cannot answer some of the tough questions I post for them on how they are different than other competitors, and how they are looking to continue to grow.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Act-On Software.

4 week process: 1) Phone Interview w/ Recruiter. 2) Phone interview with Director of Sales 3) Mock Demo Presentation to 2-3 managers via Go to Meeting 4) Onsite with 2 National Sales Mangers and Director of Sales 5) Offer

I am impressed at how honest and friendly every employee was during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Mock Demo (3-4 PowerPoint Slides) is not too difficult and you need to show you researched the company. Also, in the demo make it interaction and go onto the website to show value points. Try to show business value and not just features.   Answer Question
    Very easy and great terms for both parties.

QA Director Interview

I wasn't very impressed. These guys do absolutely nothing to try and attract top notch talent.
    I wouldn't recommend these guys.

Writer/Editor Interview

I began with the company as a contractor. This let me experience what they might be like as an employer, and gauge the level of job satisfaction employees felt. The company hired a new CMO, and after we'd worked together for a while, he asked what my plans were, and offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • By this stage the CMO and I knew each other fairly well and I trusted and respected him. There were no surprises. I highly recommend working as a contractor before committing to a company.   Answer Question

Account Executive Europe Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Act-On Software in August 2014.

Unprofessional, recuitrer doesnt have a clear metodology!!! HR got in touch to me thru linkedIn and we had a first phone meeting which was going well, they asked for my CV and we agreed to set up second one meeting but never happened.

Interview Questions

Worked for Act-On Software? Contribute to the Community!