Actavis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer

Interviewed at Actavis

Interview Details – interviewed by three people including manager, director and GM. Mostly quick 5-10 min interviews. Not too complicated.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Mostly general questions.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Hafnarfjörður (Iceland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Actavis.

Interview Details – Sent in online application, was called for interview a few weeks later, on my way to the interview I was called again for another interview with the same company for another position. Interview took about an hour and afterwards I was introduced to the employees of the department and shown around the lab. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Do you plan on getting a PhD in the future?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Actavis in August 2011.

Interview Details – Ihad 3 interviews with the different levesl of management

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Scientist III Interview

Associate Scientist III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Actavis in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview (Exclusively Technical Questions) with Director of R&D. Three Days later, a one on one interview with 5 separate individuals (5 hours), culminating with the Site manager. The interviewers, including the site manager, are highly technically inclined hence technical proficiency is a definite plus. Unfortunately, in spite of their technical savvy, hiring decisions is overwhelmingly contingent upon prejudiced perceptions of interviewees personality gleaned from other employees.

Interview Question – Describe your starting chromatographic conditions for developing an Analytical HPLC method that will be used for quantifying potency of two active ingredients ( a neutral compound and a weak base) and four impurities (weak base degradants from the weak base API). All weak bases (Active and Impurities) have pka values ranging from 9-13. Explain your choices.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was made a take it or leave it offer but have learnt that others were able to negotiate. Nevertheless, I discovered that most employees were paid about 30% below market Average.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Actavis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Actavis interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Actavis employees and interview candidates.