Actavis Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Actavis in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email regarding a phone interview with HR. A week later I was informed that they wanted me in for an in-person interview. Met with two managers, both were very insightful and gave detailed tasks that would be performed in the position. Never heard back from HR, or the two managers even after reaching out. So, I assumed the position was filled.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actavis in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. About two weeks after, I was contacted by phone to set up an initial call screening. Then there were three additional interviews, due to geography two were via green jobs, and one face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Primarily focused on my resume, but also did sales pitch/role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very minimal. There is a set amount based on region, so in my experience there was not much space.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Actavis (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on-line. About a week later I was contacted for phone interview with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. She presented me to the Regional Manager as her candidate for the position. However, he rejected me as candidate because I would have to relocate.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you faced at your current job?   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Actavis (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone interview and two face to face interviews, with a web chat interview lastly with the regional director. Also, had a field ride with the hiring manager as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation in the field and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Was called for an I get interview withhin a week. Met with manager for a very casual interview. He was just walking into office for the day. Place seemed very crowded and time was limited. Told me I would be meeting with managers and gave names then told me job was filled but it was out on board 2 weeks later. Disappointing. No rejection letter was sent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actavis.

Interview

Applied through school's career site and was selected for on campus interview. It was one on one interview with supply chain personal. I heard back from them within next 2 to 3 weeks that was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly a behavior interview. Situation based questions so be prepared to answer in STAR format. Couple of questions on how you would or have acted in team environment. Nothing technical. Just lot of situation based questions.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actavis.

Interview

I had a phone interview with my immediate manager and then an in-person interview with my immediate manager, my manager's boss, and two of the business users I would be working with. The interview was very thorough. They asked me both technical and business questions.

Interview Questions

• There were some technical accounting questions that I could not answer. I was honest in letting them know that I certainly could research and learn to correct any gaps in my knowledge.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actavis (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at Actavis' US headquarters in Parsippany. There was a phone interview in April and an interview at the office in early May. I received an offer an hour after I left the office. I initially asked for some time to consider it because I was about to take a final exam but they seemed really offended by that and asked me again if I was really sure that I wanted some time so I accepted over the phone. The interview process was pretty basic. Nothing out of the ordinary; a bunch of typical behavioral and fit questions like tell me about yourself, why our company, do you plan on getting your CPA, and a lot of questions based on resume so know it inside and out. Only two technical questions which were simple for anyone who knows anything about accounting.

Interview Questions

• What is an accrual? Can you show me the entry for one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't give much of a chance to negotiate. I was happy with the offer for my first internship.

Senior Buyer Interview

Interview

interviewed by three people including manager, director and GM. Mostly quick 5-10 min interviews. Not too complicated.

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Actavis (Corona, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

My first interview was as a contractor, and just being honest help me get the position as a chemist I. Questions such as whats my strengths and weakness, and what are my future goals were asked. I soon interviewed again after six months for a permanent position, and the interview was very basic on my knowledge of the instruments and tests.

Interview Questions

• HPLC questions where I had to go into detail about the instrument.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I put in my offer for a higher pay and they accepted.