Actel Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

3.1

Database Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Actel.

5 rounds of interview

VerificationEngineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Actel in April 2009.

The initial phone interview was with 2 or 3 engineers. They asked basic questions such as logic, setup/hold times, transistor basics. They also asked for scripting/software background.

The on-site one was much more expansive. It spanned over 5 hours with 7 different people and was very technical, albeit not too hard. I was asked to draw out characteristic curves, explain parts of the curve, solve some basic logic problems on paper. Also I was shown some verilog code and I had to be able to tell what it was. I was asked to describe how to make an FSM, how a PLL works, etc., all verbal answers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design the CDC interface for a bus?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Actel in January 2008.

I was inteviewed by Actel for a Intern position back in 2005. It was a pretty tough interview. They asked a lot of technical C++ questions that I was able to answer pretty well because of 2-day cram session the day before. The technical interview was followed by an interpersonal interview that was more about past work experiences.

Salary was non-negotiable.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Actel in July 2009.

initially i was contacted by email , and was asked some HR questions. After clearing that I was contacted for a telephonic screening which was held for over an hour and conducted by 5 people. After that i was called onsite for a 1:1 interview

negotiate for your salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Actel in January 2007.

very straight forward, ask technical and non technical questions. indicated their interest and matched with mine. very good atmosphere

Verification Engineer Interview

New Graduate Recruitment to our school. Had a phone interview, and a person-to-person interview after.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Actel in January 2008.

Talked to hiring manager first, then a senior engineer over the phone. This was followed by one more phone call with the manager, and then onsite interviews lasting a full day, talking to every member of the team 1-on-1, as well as the HR person. Mostly behavioral questions. An offer was extended in the end.

Accounting Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Actel in January 2010.

got a call from their HR and went in for an onsite interview. Met with hiring manger and assistant controller, both very nice people. however, from the way it sounded, process over there are very manual. the impression i got was that it's very stable and it's a work-life balance type of environment there. However, didn't seem like there will be much room for growth.

Intern Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Actel in May 2007.

It was quite informal and casual

Interview Questions

Worked for Actel? Contribute to the Community!