Actelion

Very Difficult Interview

Business objects Specialist Interview

Business objects Specialist
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Actelion in April 2009.

Interview Details – Had 45 min. phone interview with contractor that I would be replacing. His questions were on technical aspects of BusinessObjects and sql syntax were very comprehensive. Phone interview with hiring manager focused on business scenarios and interactions with internal clients. In-person interview with hiring manager was mostly a repeat of phone interview. Next interview with IT VP was very difficult as this person did not look up from notes. I felt no connection with this person and could not interpet the body language. Interview with database architect with very difficult due to in-depth MS SQL Server 2005 questions. Questions were more appropriate for database designer not BusinessObjects designer. Next two interviews again focused on business scenarios with some basic sql questions. The only feedback I received was that the database architect was not satisfied with my interview, and the VP had "reservations". I asked the recruiter for more details and the opportunity to respond to the concerns. As is unfortunately the common situation, no further feedback was given living me to guess what they were. One point; this was the first time I felt that my apparent age could have been a factor. Everyone I spoke to appeared to be under 35 and I look much older. This is of course almost impossible to know if true. Besides the age issue, not getting any detailed feedback makes it very hard to evaluate how the interview went.

Interview Question – What are the differences between 2000 and 2005 SQL Server?   Answer Question

Worked for Actelion? Contribute to the Community!