Actiance Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2015
Updated Jan 31, 2015

2.5

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Actiance in November 2014.

Interview

I was hesitant to apply after reading the reviews here...I should have listened to that instinct.
    Interviewed over the course of 3 months for Product Marketing position. Included several phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. 6 total. After bringing me in to the office for a multiple person, multi-hour interview, said they would like to schedule another round of interviews with other executives/team-members moving forward. The hiring manager went on vacation and never got back to me, even after checking in with their recruiting coordinator several times. They kept saying that they would schedule it and let me know. After investing that much time and energy into them they didn't even have the decency or professionalism to wrap up the process or give me any kind of answer whatsoever, just endless delays. Very inconsiderate, un-professional and off-putting. No wonder employees are jumping ship like mad.

Interview Questions

• How would you position/pitch the US postal service as a service for a target audience of small business owners? 15 minutes alone to brainstorm.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Actiance in January 2015.

Interview

My interview experience was pathetic with people being absolutely rude.

1st round was with 2 guys who asked questions on algo, data structure, puzzles.

2nd round was with 1 guy who asked ds and design questions but did not appreciate any solution other than the one he had in mind. It took me 20 mins to make him understand one simple loop condition. He asked questions, which he himself didn't have the answer to.

My opinion in 2 days of experience:
    1> Management is filled with obsolete oldies who think they are the best. Most of them are bookish and hardly appreciate any solution apart from what they have tested and tried. Perhaps they are here coz they can't get a job elsewhere.
    2> No amenities at all.
    3> Office Infrastructure is pathetic.
    4> HR is very rude.
    5> Heavily biased.
    6> Parking lot is only for upper management.

Interview Questions

• DS, Algo, Design related questions (The candidates answers should match that the interviewer has mugged up, even though yours is better.)   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Actiance (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

a. 1 Written test based on quant,apti and internet related questions
    b. 1 technical interview brain teaser like water jug problem, basic programming questions like string reverse all were very easy and i prepared them while searching job on internet.
    c. 1 technical cum managerial round
    d. 1 HR discussion

Interview Questions

• Not that much difficult if you have basic knowledge of aptitude, quantitative and computer, internet knowledge for webserver and client models   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was expecting less by seeing the size of company but they gave me industry standard offer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actiance (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Starts with a telephone interview which lasted for about 40 minutes in which you are expected to be capable of clearly explaining your previous work experience and products that you have worked with.
    Later i had a 2 hours long interview with multiple people in the company starting from a QA Lead and the QA manager and concluded my interview with All India Head.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was that I was requested to write a query in a specific language when I had already written the pseudo code. I believe that if you know the pseudo code, you know what query has to be applied in a certain circumstance and the format can be googled.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Actiance.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. They were quite fast to make the offer.
    1. Telephonic round.
    General questions based on your resume and java.
    2. Technical f2f
    General Java questions including design patterns and design scenarios
    3. Managerial.
    General questions about J2EE deployment, XML, database, scalability etc.

Negotiation

No negotiations entertained

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Actiance.

Interview

Interview Process involves 3 rounds -- one Telephonic , 2 techincal . It was good and i got selected.

Member Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Simple and more technical and work related and very much depends on which is your interviewer.

SSE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Actiance (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

3 Rounds, 2 tech and 1 managerial

Negotiation

Always negotiate

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Actiance in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Overall good experience. Was offered the job day I was interviewed onsite.

Applied online. Got call from recruiter. Setup interview to speak with manager. Later was invited onsite. Got the offer.

Member Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Actiance (Bangalore (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Had four rounds of interviews, one telephonic, one technical, one managerial and one HR round. Telephonic round was very good. First face-to-face round was pretty poor with poor questioning. The kind of questions asked cannot really be used to judge a candidate. One of the interviewers did not even know the subject well enough to ask good enough questions. Managerial round was good and HR round was good although without any negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation was entertained.