Actiontec Interview Questions

2.3

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actiontec in February 2015.

Two rounds of 1:1 with the hiring manager. I applaud their effort in meeting the person face-to-face during the first round. Unfortunately, it was used to eliminate the people they scared by describing the atmosphere. Sincerity is one thing, but the explicit use of profanity was unprofessional. No, it was not directed at me (as the candidate) but in describing the work environment, etc. And I'm definitely not so prude that I find profanity offensive, but I do find it disrespectful. During the first meeting there was a lot of talking done by the hiring manager. It left me with ~15 minutes to ask questions and even then I was cut off.

The second round of 1:1 was much more professional and there were specific questions asked to determine my ability and how it related to the position. Unfortunately, I was cut off a few times while attempting to answer the question. And again, at the end of the interview I was left with little time to ask questions.

The hiring manager is a down-to-earth person and quite accomplished according to their LinkedIn profile.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Actiontec in September 2014.

I'd thought the interview process went well. No technical questions or anything of the sort, just spoke with the hiring manager and one of the engineers. Company corporate structure seems questionable considering that the engineer had reportedly not been told to show up at my interview beforehand, didn't know what position I was interviewing for, and therefore had no idea of what questions to ask me.
    Also my interview was at the beginning of the month, and the hiring manager specifically said that he would respond within a week. Here I am at the end of the month with not even so much as a form rejection letter. No matter how many companies partake in this practice of cold silence, it is a disrespectful practice that should be abolished.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work in the QA field for the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Actiontec.

One phone interview, some technical questions, mostly about previous experience and projects you worked on. On site interview with 3-4 engineers and hiring manager, some technical questions, mostly taken from the interviews questions online with some changes. Job offer based on interview results, skilled experts can get pretty good salaries, average engineers usually underpaid.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I couldn't handle, didn't expect such an easy interview.   Answer Question
    Didn't really wanted their offer, asked higher price than market average, got it and even sign up bonus. I guess they really wanted me.

QA Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Actiontec in May 2012.

They called for an face to interview and meet only the CTO, who looked too burned out. They had no clue on what to talk to after inviting some one for an interview. After talking to their CTO and gauging his knowledge I could understand why this company is having issues in scaling to produce a quality product. You need to have professionals who understands the product and how it is going to be used in real life to make good product, this is missing from this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Actiontec in July 2011.

Oh getting hired is easy here. Either they import people from China or Low ball graduate freshers. Either ways they will not pay you good and if you are ok with their pay, Whoala you are selected.

Interview Questions
    • Not really much of a difficult. Experience in coding and some basic networking knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Actiontec in July 2010.

First, is technical interview, you may need to do some tests. Then, some people will talk to you. If you pass the former process, hr will talk to you about the salary.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Actiontec in December 2009.

The interview process was initially phone based then turned to a face to face interview with the VP of Sales and then the CEO.