Activant Solutions (California)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Activant Solutions (California) in April 2011.

Interview Details – They arranged me an on-site interview after I took two 30min phone interviews, the 1st phone interview was from the human resources department and asked general questions like your previous job, rate and the city you live.
The 2nd phone interview was taken after a few days from a manager there and asked a few of technical questions and the projects you did.
After another week, I was arranged for another day for a 3 hrs on-site interview. This was expected to talk to around 6 people there, that included managers from different departments and some of the "future" teammates.
This interview was about your working histories, the projects you did, and the technologies you involved, and expected to go deeper.
The work place is big. This is in their own building that is properly having hundred people working there.
I don't know their work culture but the people I met there are dressing causal like sweaters and jeans.

Interview Questions

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Livermore, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Activant Solutions (California) in March 2009.

Interview Details – Cumbersome and frustrating, I met with several people during my onsite interview and also had 3 different phone interviews as well as at least 6 or 7 phone calls from the recruiter. Once I accepted the job the recruiter lost my paperwork the first time and then it took her weeks to finish processing it.

Interview Question – how long have you worked in this industry   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Activant Solutions (California) in June 2010.

Interview Details – I didn't actually interview with this company, but the selections to get to this part of my review weren't flexible enough to accommodate my experience.

I contacted the specific recruiter who was charged with filling this role, by first sending my resume and then following up with a phone call. He was unbelievably rude, and barked "I have your resume...if I want to talk to you, then I'll call you". When I asked if he had a time frame in mind for filling the role, he once again barked at me. He said NO! like a petulant child would, and then repeated that he was the one in charge of whether he spoke with me or not.

Interview Question – never got to this point   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was all it took for me to decide that this is a terrible company to work for, if they allow this behavior in their recruiters.

Telesales Interview

Telesales

Interviewed at Activant Solutions (California)

Interview Details – I started there as a temp to get them trough the end of the year. I still had to re-interview for the job but I felt I had a good understanding of it and really enjoyed it. The interview process was fairly straight forward but I new I had it.

Negotiation Details – I was too young to negotiate but 40k salary was enough for me back then.

Worked for Activant Solutions (California)? Contribute to the Community!