Active Network

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – After directly applying for the position on their website, I was contact via Email by a recruiter based out of San Diego, CA location. A phone interview time was set up, and it went extremely well, and was shortly scheduled thereafter to phone interview with the Tech Manager who's based out of Gainesville, GA.

Second phone interview consisted of questions about work history, personality ect. how to handle difficult clients/people. The phone interview also went extremely well, and I was contacted a few days later via email by the Tech Manager to go into the Broomfield location for a panel interview.

Panel interview consisted of about 7 people all video conferenced in mainly from the Avon, CO location, and was quite awkward as all 6 of the interviewers were web conferenced in and not at the physical location. One person was there from the team to greet me in person. Everyone on the team seemed extremely passionate and happy to be working for Active Network, gave off the 'all a family' vibe and we 'take care of each other'. I was really impressed with how everyone conducted themselves professionally even though most of them were sitting at home on their company laptop.

I was pretty confident that the interview went well, and I was sure I was on the top candidate list. I was contacted a week later by the recruiter, and was told that everyone was impressed with me and I would make a perfect fit, but unfortunately the open position is on hold/freeze and an offer letter of employment could not be made.

I really wanted this job, and I really wanted to work there.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for Active Network   Answer Question

Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – I initially was interviewed by phone, and then referred to a hiring manager for another phone interview.

They asked questions like:
What is your greatest weakness, how would you solve problem x,y,z.?

Interview Question – What are you doing to increase your knowledge and experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a pay bump but was told that the wages were non-negotiable.

Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Active Network in April 2013.

Interview Details – Within 15 minutes of applying to the position via a LinkedIn listing, I was contacted by the hiring manager. After a pleasant conversation, she then forwarded me a list of "homework assignments" that entailed fake scenarios and my reaction to them and as well as an introduction to their database. A few days later, I was contacted again by her and we scheduled an interview for that week. At that point, the outlook for the position seemed positive.
The hiring manager was not able to be at my interview so I was given a name to ask for upon arriving at the office. The staff tried contacting this person but with no luck. So, they had two other employees interview me instead, which was very confusing. They then put me in a room for a live video chat interview with an HR manager in Washington state, which lasted 45 minutes and went very well. The two employees then entered the room again and asked me basic questions about my goals and if I would be able to quickly begin the position if offered. I was then told that I would hear back as to whether I was offered the position by no later than the end of next week. A day after the deadline, I emailed the HR manager for a follow up. Another week went by....with no reply. So I called her office where I received no answer; I left a voicemail. Another week went by with still no reply.
I NEVER received any contact from them nor replies to my follow ups. I found it very unprofessional and deceiving as they told me they would contact me no later than the end of the following week.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question: Describe to me the process and benefits of wearing a seatbelt.   View Answers (10)

Client Applications Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – They thrive on getting as many people through the door as they can. Workplace is great but for the amount of work you have to do the pay is terrible and there are no growth opportunities working at the remote office.

Interview Question – How do you put on a seat belt?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!