Active Network

Very Easy Interview

Reservation Agent - Work At Home Interview

Reservation Agent - Work At Home
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Active Network in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was asked very generic questions. Got the impression they will hire anybody willing to work for minimum wage. Interviewer was very positive and upbeat (She had to be in order to bamboozle applicants).

Interview Question – Will you work for minimum wage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation? What negotiation

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume, got a response the next day to fill in an online assessment. Never heard back after filling in the online assessment. The online assessment was not incredibly hard. It was 2 parts; a "rate yourself on 1-5" test, and an IQ test with many math questions. They were not hard, but there was not enough time to do the test without a calculator, and instructions specifically said not to use a calculator.

Interview Question – Person A and person B both need to write a 200 page book. Person A write 20 pages per day, person B writes 30 pages per day. How much earlier will person B finish writing the book?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Active Network in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was a phone call from a very upbeat and promising recruiter. Phone call lasted less than 10 minutes. Hours, experience and responsibilities were discussed. A very simple interview. Apparently, they will hire anyone willing to work for minimum wage.

Interview Question – Will you work for minimum wage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was "take it or leave it." Very big mistake on my part. They keep piling responsibility on you for the same minimum wage. I am presently seeking employment elsewhere.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Active Network in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by recruiter for best time and date for phone interview. Replied back immediately and waited 1 week for response, finally had to find his phone # and called. Told me emailed was not received, set me up for a date and time. Received confirmation email and in the history I could see he did receive the first email. Probably trying to hire over 150 people was too much for their HR department to handle.

Once the recruiter called me, he stated that the position I applied for was not available anymore and if I was interested in another position (total lie, saw the original position posted a few days later again) and told him I was interested. Phone interview was over in less then 5 minutes.

At office they had me take an assessment test that I had already done during online application. Then met with regional/hiring manager that had a very arrogant attitude, he addressed the employees that had left the company recently as "the fat of the company" and even called them "lazy", saying that those people were collecting their pay checks for doing nothing. WTF!!! you say that when trying to hire new employees? Left interview not feeling that was a company I wanted to work for at any point in my career.

The company morale has definitely hit rock bottom, check out one of the interview questions below.

Interview Question – How would you react or what would you say to one of your peers complaining about something in the water cooler area that had changed, because he/she thought it was better before? (Obviously there already paranoid about the employees being unhappy and talking amongst themselves, and it's probably not about changes to the water cooler area hahaha).   View Answer

Senior Market Manager Interview

Senior Market Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – It was actually fairly easy for me, but since the buyout has been changed quite a bit. There is now an aptitude test that must be passed for candidates to be considered for an interview. And as it stands now, there is a 20% pass rate.

Interview Question – I really didn't have a very difficult interview process, nothing that was unexpected or out of left field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Short hiring process. Initial phone screen, then went in one day for three separate 1 on 1 interviews. All were standard questions, very nice and friendly.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate offer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Active Network in April 2014.

Interview Details – 4 Step interview process. Thorough and precise. Nice looking office environment.

Interview Question – In one word, what would your current boss say negative about you?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 people in the span of 1 hour. The questions were very basic, and there didn't seem to be much competition for the position. The office was very casual, and I felt overdressed in a suit. The culture seemed to be young and loose, and I felt very comfortable with the 2 people I met with.

Interview Question – There was really nothing difficult about it. Although, I have heard that the hiring process has been revamped since.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Legal

Interviewed at Active Network

Interview Details – Typical phone screen, followed by in-person group and individual interviews. All very cordial. On-boarding was lacking though. Very little substantive guidance as to day-to-day operations and some computer and HR items were still being completed while I was trying to get started with my work.

Interview Question – There was a practice contract to review.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hardball. Say bottom line and cross fingers.

Director, Business Development Interview

Director, Business Development
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – multiple rounds

Interview Question – sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much, took long time to get offer after being told I had the job

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!