Active Network

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Business Development Interview

Director, Business Development
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – multiple rounds

Interview Question – sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much, took long time to get offer after being told I had the job

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Professional Services Consultant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Working with HR was pleasant, and getting that first interview was fast. Although I was approved for the second and third interviews, but trying to get a confirmation from the manager giving the interview was challenging. Manager was willing to work with me in delaying starting date due to unexpected circumstances. That was a plus.

Interview Question – How would you handle escalation with a client that's not happy with what they were sold?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said yes to my initial ask, then the manager had to apologize at a later interview after giving a lesser number. Reason was "this (lower offer) is the highest on your job scale"... (even lower than industry average). I took it anyway coz I was ready for a change. Better than nothing.

Active Network/Accounts Receivables Manager Interview

Active Network/Accounts Receivables Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Active Network in October 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews in one day; back to back. Questions regarding, what is currently broken and how would you fix it?

Interview Question – Will/can you recruit good staffing from your prior employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for and received stock options. Also asked for and received bonus plan

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person with two manager and current rep, presentation on product choice on webex

Market Development Representative Interview

Market Development Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Active Network in February 2014.

Interview Details – First contact w/ firm was phone interview. Very quick and basic, pretty much just a few questions about what you've done in past and why you're interested in job. Then had an in-person interview with 2 people on sales team. Consisted of the standard questions, such as what motivates you, etc etc. Then was asked the following:
-what my biggest accomplishment in life was
-biggest failure
- if I were stranded on a deserted island what 3 things would i want to have

Interview Question – I didn't expect the deserted island question, but I don't feel it was difficult. I was just honest and thoughtful when I answered.   View Answer

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Senior Sales Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Active Network in November 2011.

Interview Details – Under a lot of change. New requirements include standardized screening tests (SAT style and psychological). Pretty efficient turn around and resumes do all get read, however submitted. Individual hiring managers conduct interviews with candidates, along with recruiteer and team member interviews.

Interview Question – what do you consider as proper work life balance and how do you achieve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offers do not have much negotiating room. Not difficult per se but a fair offer is not going to get improved upon much. Many managers are flexible about staff working remote and the company supports it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Interview process was reasonable but thorough. Started with a phone interview from the recruiter. Then I was brought in a for the only round of interviews I did, but I did meet with a few different people. I met with recruiter, VP Finance, and the CFO. It was nice to be able to talk to employees on different levels of management.

Interview Question – The questions were all standard interview questions. The vibe was very casual and relaxed. Everyone was easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Reservation Agent - Work At Home Interview

Reservation Agent - Work At Home

I applied online and interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Very simple and quick inteview, took 15-20 minutes. First 10 was just explaining how things work.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

Event Planner
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Active Network in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online and was contacted by email after a week or so. Then, I had a short phone interview with an HR rep. After that, an in-person interview was scheduled with one of my direct supervisors. Both of my supervisors were supposed to be there, but one was sick, so I had a phone interview with him a few days later.

The position needed to be filled ASAP, so I filled out the new hire paperwork and started work the Friday of the same week as my first in-person interview.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm an entry-level employee and I was applying for my first "real" job, so I didn't negotiate at all.

Applications Specialist Interview

Applications Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Active Network.

Interview Details – Steps of hiring process: phone interview followed by an interview on site.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question