Active Voice

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Active Voice in September 2009.

Interview Details – Just a phone call to come in for an interview, followed by a meeting with the software dev lead.
At that point they asked me a bunch of questions related to pointers, c# and so on, gave me a small program to do on paper. Overall experience was good enough, but it is clear that they are not the most professional that there are out there in the industry.

Interview Question – Write a C++ program on paper that joins two lists retrieved from a database.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation. They gave me a plan with all benefits, that was only medical, pension and regular stuff, no more than all software companies do. there was no room for negotiating the salary, as the company didn't do to well as I later found out.

Worked for Active Voice? Contribute to the Community!