ActiveVideo

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at ActiveVideo

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ActiveVideo.

Applied online. I was already knowledgeable about their product and their customers before. Took a about a week before i received any communications from the hiring manager. Everything seemed to go well with the hiring manger and she wanted me to talk to one of the engineers. I spoke to the engineer a few days later that was mostly a light technical call about linux and IGMP routing.

Very typical Silicon Valley company with no diversity. Do not waster your time if you are not Indian or white. Interesting product, but hard to justify a TV guide that will induce extra bandwidth resources on a cable tv network that is already struggling to provide bandwidth for HD channels. Just and over-complicated guide that end-users will easily be bored with and harder to navigate. End-users need simple tv guides with simple guide data like Rovi.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ActiveVideo.

they did not ask much technical quesitons. Do not think you are safe for your job when you are hired. The manager may test your technical skills afterward(after you are hired).

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ActiveVideo in July 2011.

I had applied for NOC Engineer position but since it was night shift so I just dont wanted to go ahead with interview process but later got call that we have systems engineer position Tier 2 and we think that you are a good fit. So I had phone interview with VP of Technical support and everything went well. I was lated called for onsite interview on July. My interview went really well. Also I send out a thanking note to them and no reply from recruiter to it. Later I emailed them after few days about the decision and again no response. Then I thought to call them again no response. Again email was send to them no response and suddenly on day I got automated email form them that I have not been selected. I think there approach is not at all professional. If I am not selected then atleast they could have send me an email of rejection.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ActiveVideo.

They called me and asked some general and technical questions on the phone, mostly related to my past experience and skills. Then I had on-site interview with about 6 people. Asked some easy and some challenging questions. After all I was invited to second on-site interview with VP.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions related to their product and industry.   Answer Question