Activision Blizzard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.1

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

Interview with two people. It was really chill. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. It was a pretty good expeteince. The company headquater is really awesome. It was a nerd heaven.

Strategy Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

I was set-up with an interview with the Strategy team, after being referred by someone. Fortunately I didn't have to get screened by HR initially. My interview was over the phone with a fairly senior person. I spent a lot of time preparing for this interview, speaking to friends in the industry, reading up on research and gathering insights. The interviewer was very terse and direct, which was fine, although I find phone interviews to be difficult at the best of times because you have no visual cues. So his approach made it even more awkward. Not sure why they wouldn't bring me into the office. Questions revolved around the company strategy, what I thought of it, things they should/could be doing and a discussion of my background and how it fit. Certainly some questions I handled better than others - it wasn't my best interview, just ok. I was held to a strict 30 minutes and certainly felt rushed trying to touch on what were very large and complex issues facing the company. I had no time for questions of my own. I was told they would get back to me with further steps, but was offered no contact information. I never heard a word from the company or my referral person. It's a shame that companies feel they can treat candidates with such disrespect, especially when so much effort is put forth to prepare. What I heard was that the role has been open for a while, so clearly they are having trouble finding the right person. Based on my (limited) experience with this company, being treated as completely expendible, it didn't strike me as a place to focus on.

Interview Questions

• Discussion of strategic issues - you will need to do your research   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Activision Blizzard (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask you basic questions such as your experience with video games, and beta testing. They have two levels of the interview. They bring you in together and take you in one-by-one to be interviewed by one of the more experienced testers, then they bring you into interview with the Lead QA. There were a large group of people, so try to be first so you will be memorable.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to make a PB&J sandwich.   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with video games?   1 Answer

Marketing Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was more technical than I expected. Although I was prepared for technical questions, I expected to lead a team with the technical ability. The interview also included a presentation the the entire group that interviewed you. What I liked about the interview was that they knew what they were looking for in terms of technical experience. This made the decision process easier because you knew after the interview if this was something you want to do.

Interview Questions

• How many models have you created?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any presentations you can share with the interviewers?   Answer Question
    • What datasets do you think are the most important in the video game industry?   Answer Question

Human Resources Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

1. Applied Online - also got referred through a former employee - 2. Received a phone call for a recruiter screening 3. Got invited for an in person interview with 3 people 4. Got invited back to meet with 3 additional people 5. Received the offer. In total this took about 5 weeks, with the first 3 steps going pretty quickly and then a few weeks of waiting, after the last interview round it took 2 weeks to get the offer letter. Throughout all of it, the recruiter was very accessible and kept me well informed.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, interviewers ask a view situational and behavioral questions that shouldn't be to shocking if you have the right experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - didn't feel the need for it, I felt the salary offered was fair.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Activision Blizzard (New York, NY).

Interview

Very laid-back. The team is looking more for a personality vs. actual experience

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The people doing the hiring are the actual people on the team, not HR.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You work with HR, but don't expect much room for negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by in person interview. in pe rson interview was a lunch interview and was more about getting to know me. my portfolio was a great help and taken into consideration the most.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Was called by the talent manager, then interviewed from the VP of the branch to senior level colleagues. I was asked several questions on my experience, how I would act in several circumstances, what my past experience was.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions, just a lengthy review of my qualifications and what I could contribute to the team and the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was lower than I asked, but they offered a sign-in bonus and performance based bonuses, that usually you never get, as much of your work depends on factors beyond your control. After the interview I waited for almost two months before I was contacted again for an offer.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Activision Blizzard (Edina, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was not very structured as it seemed everyone was very busy. I met an HR person who answered the basic questions about benefits and such. Manager seemed very stressed and out of sorts like he was trying to meet a deadline. I also answered a few questions from a help desk person who wanted know what type of boss I'd be.

Interview Questions

• I can be difficult to work for. Is that a problem?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Brief HR phone interview on your experience and what the role was offering. one on one interview was mostly non-technical and details of the past experience.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tv production technology which i clearly didnt have in my profile   Answer Question