Activision Blizzard

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Activision Blizzard in January 2012.

Was called by the talent manager, then interviewed from the VP of the branch to senior level colleagues. I was asked several questions on my experience, how I would act in several circumstances, what my past experience was.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions, just a lengthy review of my qualifications and what I could contribute to the team and the company.   Answer Question
    The salary was lower than I asked, but they offered a sign-in bonus and performance based bonuses, that usually you never get, as much of your work depends on factors beyond your control. After the interview I waited for almost two months before I was contacted again for an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Activision Blizzard in February 2010.

Brief HR phone interview on your experience and what the role was offering. one on one interview was mostly non-technical and details of the past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with tv production technology which i clearly didnt have in my profile   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager, Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Activision Blizzard in February 2010.

I spoke with a total of 6 people over a month. The first was a phone interview with HR. Pretty standard. My first in-person meeting was with three directors, one of which was the person for which I would have been working. Two of the meetings spent most of the time covering my background, work experience, why I wanted to work for the company, etc. The third was a case question. Though it was challenging, the interviewer had an agenda for the question and would not accept an alternative method to reach an answer. Frustrating, but apparently I did well enough to move on. In the following weeks, I meet with two Sr. VPs. Both were friendly and went well. Despite phone calls and e-mails, I didn't hear anything for another month before hearing the news the job went to someone else. I found out the company had another round of layoffs which may explain the silence.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the revenue of one of the major television networks.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Activision Blizzard in January 2010.

Activision was recruiting for a Brand Manager MBA Summer Intern at my business school. The interview was 1:1, each lasting 30 minutes. The first interviewer focused on behavioral/fit questions while the second focused mostly on marketing case questions. The interviewers were very friendly and conversational. I had met both of them the night before at a recruiting that was being held for the interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Management has asked you to launch 2 games from the same franchise in one year. One game is for the XBOX/PS3, the other is for the Wii. Management wants to know your launch strategy. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Activision Blizzard in April 2008.

It was a series of interviews one after another from people from different teams.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Interview Questions. Strengths, Weaknesses.. I came from a different field so they wanted to know how that translated to this job.   View Answer
    I asked for a salary and they didn't negotiate.