Activision Publishing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Activision Publishing in May 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online had a phone interview with HR which consisted of general questions about my work experience and interest in the position. After our conversation they indicated they would like me to come in and meet with 2 hiring managers. HR was great about giving background and preping for what the hiring managers were looking for.

I was scheduled to meet with 2 hiring managers - one 45 min interview, one 30 minute interview - and barely got 30 minutes total of their time. The first hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late, made no effort to ask me about my experience and was annoyed when I asked questions. The second hiring manager also showed up late, announced she had another meeting scheduled and was cutting our conversation to 15 minutes. They asked a few more questions, but seemed very preoccupied and uninterested in what I had to say.

I am not sure if the hiring decisions had been made in-between my initial conversation with HR and my interview or if I was a candidate HR pushed for, but hiring managers didn't have any interest in. My impression of the organization was they have been running extremely lean with more work than people to do it and has created a culture that is disorganized and chaotic.

I was relieved when I received an email from HR indicating they were pursuing other candidates. While the position itself was something I was very excited about, both the organization and hiring managers were extreme turnoffs to the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Activision Publishing? Contribute to the Community!