Activision Publishing Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Publishing (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

After applying online had a phone interview with HR which consisted of general questions about my work experience and interest in the position. After our conversation they indicated they would like me to come in and meet with 2 hiring managers. HR was great about giving background and preping for what the hiring managers were looking for. I was scheduled to meet with 2 hiring managers - one 45 min interview, one 30 minute interview - and barely got 30 minutes total of their time. The first hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late, made no effort to ask me about my experience and was annoyed when I asked questions. The second hiring manager also showed up late, announced she had another meeting scheduled and was cutting our conversation to 15 minutes. They asked a few more questions, but seemed very preoccupied and uninterested in what I had to say. I am not sure if the hiring decisions had been made in-between my initial conversation with HR and my interview or if I was a candidate HR pushed for, but hiring managers didn't have any interest in. My impression of the organization was they have been running extremely lean with more work than people to do it and has created a culture that is disorganized and chaotic. I was relieved when I received an email from HR indicating they were pursuing other candidates. While the position itself was something I was very excited about, both the organization and hiring managers were extreme turnoffs to the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Activision Publishing

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Publishing in December 2009.

Interview

Interview process was pleasant - met with great people. Conversation style mixed with case questions directed at how you would approach certain problems with regards to launching a game title, industry trends, etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your background. Why Activision, etc.?   1 Answer
    • Case questions on how you would manage a P&L, how you would expand the market for your game, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much. They usually hire a few people at a time for the same role and make the same offer to everyone. They do not consider your individual work experience much relative to others in terms of compensation.