Activision Publishing

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Interview

Brand

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Activision Publishing in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the Activision website. I was asked to do a phone screen with an HR recruiter about a few weeks after I applied. She was very friendly and the interview went great. It was a pretty straight forward discussion about my work history and a few personality questions. I apparently made a good impression as she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager shortly afterward.

In contrast to the Activision recruiter, the hiring manager had a much more stern, less friendly personality. I couldn't tell if the hiring manager was just stressed out or simply had an uptight attitude in general. But I think it was just the personality of this person. The conversation went fine in terms of my experience and other work variables. But I was very turned off by the way this person came across on the phone. All I could envision was being miserable with this individual as my supervisor.

I was eventually informed by HR that they were going to pursue another candidate but I probably wouldn't have taken the opportunity had it been offered because of my impression of the manager. If it had been the same position with a different hiring manager and a different Activision product, I probably would have been very excited to work there. But not in this case.

Interview Question – Why Activision?   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Senior Producer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Activision Publishing in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very good initial contact. Internal recruiter was happy and helpful and passed contact onto the HR person responsible. The phone screen was pleasant and meaningful without being too detailed, and I was promised a follow-up call with the exec that the position reported to.

Then two weeks passed and NOTHING. Both HR and recruiter have ignored followup emails. A simple 'no thanks' would be all I need to get some closure, but there has been nothing at all.

Interview Question – Why Activision?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Activision Publishing in May 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Interviewed with the team I was applying to work with.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Quality Assurance Tester

The process took a day - interviewed at Activision Publishing in August 2008.

Interview Details – How much experience testing do you have. What was the best bug found.

Interview Questions