Activision Publishing Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.5

Brand Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Activision Publishing in August 2011.

I applied for the position through the Activision website. I was asked to do a phone screen with an HR recruiter about a few weeks after I applied. She was very friendly and the interview went great. It was a pretty straight forward discussion about my work history and a few personality questions. I apparently made a good impression as she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager shortly afterward.

In contrast to the Activision recruiter, the hiring manager had a much more stern, less friendly personality. I couldn't tell if the hiring manager was just stressed out or simply had an uptight attitude in general. But I think it was just the personality of this person. The conversation went fine in terms of my experience and other work variables. But I was very turned off by the way this person came across on the phone. All I could envision was being miserable with this individual as my supervisor.

I was eventually informed by HR that they were going to pursue another candidate but I probably wouldn't have taken the opportunity had it been offered because of my impression of the manager. If it had been the same position with a different hiring manager and a different Activision product, I probably would have been very excited to work there. But not in this case.

Senior Producer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Activision Publishing in June 2011.

Very good initial contact. Internal recruiter was happy and helpful and passed contact onto the HR person responsible. The phone screen was pleasant and meaningful without being too detailed, and I was promised a follow-up call with the exec that the position reported to.

Then two weeks passed and NOTHING. Both HR and recruiter have ignored followup emails. A simple 'no thanks' would be all I need to get some closure, but there has been nothing at all.

Production Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Activision Publishing in May 2009.

Pretty straight forward. Interviewed with the team I was applying to work with.

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Activision Publishing in August 2008.

How much experience testing do you have. What was the best bug found.