Activision Publishing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.6

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Activision Publishing (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of interviews with a manager and then a recruiter. The manager asked thoughtful questions and really put a good face on the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in business where you think your judgment was challenged?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Activision Publishing (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview is quite simple and are listed as followed: 1. Phone interview regarding your knowledge on video games. 2. Group interview and test regard if one is able to follow directions. 3. If you pass, you get hired and put on projects.

Interview Questions

• Why is it so hard to move up within the company as a QA Tester?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase besides deciding whether you want to work the day or night shift.

Brand Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Activision Publishing in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position through the Activision website. I was asked to do a phone screen with an HR recruiter about a few weeks after I applied. She was very friendly and the interview went great. It was a pretty straight forward discussion about my work history and a few personality questions. I apparently made a good impression as she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager shortly afterward. In contrast to the Activision recruiter, the hiring manager had a much more stern, less friendly personality. I couldn't tell if the hiring manager was just stressed out or simply had an uptight attitude in general. But I think it was just the personality of this person. The conversation went fine in terms of my experience and other work variables. But I was very turned off by the way this person came across on the phone. All I could envision was being miserable with this individual as my supervisor. I was eventually informed by HR that they were going to pursue another candidate but I probably wouldn't have taken the opportunity had it been offered because of my impression of the manager. If it had been the same position with a different hiring manager and a different Activision product, I probably would have been very excited to work there. But not in this case.

Senior Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Activision Publishing in June 2011.

Interview

Very good initial contact. Internal recruiter was happy and helpful and passed contact onto the HR person responsible. The phone screen was pleasant and meaningful without being too detailed, and I was promised a follow-up call with the exec that the position reported to. Then two weeks passed and NOTHING. Both HR and recruiter have ignored followup emails. A simple 'no thanks' would be all I need to get some closure, but there has been nothing at all.

Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Activision Publishing in January 2010.

Interview

I was called to meet them and I saw 4 people in groups of 2. They performed some brain teasers and technical questions.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Activision Publishing in December 2009.

Interview

Interview process was pleasant - met with great people. Conversation style mixed with case questions directed at how you would approach certain problems with regards to launching a game title, industry trends, etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your background. Why Activision, etc.?   1 Answer
    • Case questions on how you would manage a P&L, how you would expand the market for your game, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much. They usually hire a few people at a time for the same role and make the same offer to everyone. They do not consider your individual work experience much relative to others in terms of compensation.

Production Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Activision Publishing in May 2009.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Interviewed with the team I was applying to work with.

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Activision Publishing in August 2008.

Interview

How much experience testing do you have. What was the best bug found.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest issue or bug?   1 Answer
    • what console games are you familiar?   1 Answer