Actuant

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

Lead Coordinator/Manufacturing Engineer Interview

None! It is an unpleasant, uncomfortable and useless. No clear instructions. It can be easily make a judgment call who bad the production and service environments would be. I would not prefer to to employed with a company as such.

Engineering Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Actuant.

Series of phone interviews. Once passed these invited to HQ for in person interviews. These will be with Direct Hiring Manager and a series of groups you will interact with. HR is near the end. Time between interview and offer or decline is normally 7-10 days.

Interview Questions
    • why is innovation important? Not difficult questions.   View Answer
    One exchange to original offer.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Actuant in April 2014.

Got a call to set up phone screen, then had phone screen about a week later. Basic questions, walk me through your resume etc. Got a call back about two weeks later to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with four people at headquarters. Mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your tasks in a position changed drastically   Answer Question

I had already accepted another offer when they extended their offer.

Training Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Actuant.

Phone interview with HR, live interview with 4-5 people over a full morning.

Interview Questions
    • A director of a department who would be involved in the training asked what a training program I would design on a particular topic would look like. I explained. Then he asked again. And I answered again. And he asked three or four more times like he just didn't get it, to the point that he wasted our entire allotted time on this subject. Later, one of the last people I interviewed with was an HR director. She mentioned that this director was actually quite savvy on the subject. I realized he was just playing dumb to yank my chain, test me, catch me in an inconsistency, or whatever.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Actuant in October 2012.

One interview with the Director of Sales and the Director of Retail Marketing.
    A second interview with the Director of Sales, Director of Retail Marketing, Account Manager, Human Resources Leader, and the Executive Vice President - Electrical Segment.
    Each person interviewed me for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They contacted me and told me that they were interested in interviewing me for the position. When the Executive Vice President interviewed me he started with, "I already told them that I was not interested in hiring someone who worked here in the past." Then proceeded to personally insult me by stating, "It looks like you are in the same place in your career now as 18 years ago and to be quite honest that is not appealing to me." I guess that he does not value 10 years experience as a small business owner during the recession or six years prior experience doing the same job for Actuant that he was interviewing me for.   View Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Actuant in February 2010.

Informative, helpful in understanding the near term initiatives and long term strategic goals for growth and success. Specific as to expectations and milestones for the successful candidate. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions... Tell me a time when you were in charge of a project and were unable to accomplish the deliverables for the interim reporting period. What did you do. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you think you would be successful in this role. (Do you know your strengths and how they relate to the role?)   Answer Question

Marketing Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Actuant in November 2012.

First an informal social events on campus, followed by an on-campus interview the next day. Very informal, some behavioral questions, some about previous experiences. The next round was at their HQ, a series of 4 interviews in a day. VP's of the divisions take the time to administer interviews, which is great to see. Overall I felt the interview was informal again. Had a chance to tour the facilities and interact with current participants of the program.

Interview Questions

The environment was too informal for me, the manufacturing atmosphere is present is even on corporate level.

Marketing Management Development Program Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Actuant in November 2011.

The interviewed was taken on campus and two alumni came to conduct the interviews. It is pretty easy and relax. Firstly they will introduce the company and the program itself, their daily work and the project they are working on. Secondly came to very normal HR questions like: why do you like to join the company, tell me your previous experience, your career goal.

V Year Finance Rotational Program Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Actuant in February 2011.

The interview is pretty informational. No technical question, mostly going through your resume and ask you which area of finance you are interested in. However, when I follow up to ask about the result of interview, there is no response. I didn't feel respected.

Interview Questions
    • What area of finance are you particularly interested in?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Actuant in December 2009.

Group and one on one interviews - people were rude - only wanted to talk about themselves