Actuant

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Leader Interview

Engineering Leader
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Actuant.

Interview Details – Series of phone interviews. Once passed these invited to HQ for in person interviews. These will be with Direct Hiring Manager and a series of groups you will interact with. HR is near the end. Time between interview and offer or decline is normally 7-10 days.

Interview Question – why is innovation important? Not difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One exchange to original offer.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Actuant in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call to set up phone screen, then had phone screen about a week later. Basic questions, walk me through your resume etc. Got a call back about two weeks later to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with four people at headquarters. Mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your tasks in a position changed drastically   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already accepted another offer when they extended their offer.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Actuant in October 2012.

Interview Details – One interview with the Director of Sales and the Director of Retail Marketing.
A second interview with the Director of Sales, Director of Retail Marketing, Account Manager, Human Resources Leader, and the Executive Vice President - Electrical Segment.
Each person interviewed me for about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – They contacted me and told me that they were interested in interviewing me for the position. When the Executive Vice President interviewed me he started with, "I already told them that I was not interested in hiring someone who worked here in the past." Then proceeded to personally insult me by stating, "It looks like you are in the same place in your career now as 18 years ago and to be quite honest that is not appealing to me." I guess that he does not value 10 years experience as a small business owner during the recession or six years prior experience doing the same job for Actuant that he was interviewing me for.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Actuant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Actuant interview questions and advice in Menomonee Falls, WI. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Actuant employees and interview candidates.