Actuate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.9

Licensing and Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Actuate (Foster City, CA).

Interview

You will be grilled and made to believe you are worthless. Will be asked about the reasoning for working with previous companies, previous work positions and previous certificates/degrees. Then will be told you could have taken something else much better. They are very aggressive during the interview process and expect quick replies.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you are a good fit with your experience and degree choices?   1 Answer

Associate Entitlement Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Actuate.

Interview

Very basic process. Phone interview with HR to see if I was qualified. Phone interview with some technical people to see if I was a suitable candidate. In-person interview with other Entitlement Sales Engineers and also the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?" "What skills can you bring to the position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because I felt the pay was fairly reasonable

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

interviewed at Actuate in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for the Marketing Specialist position. I was screened by an intern who was working in the company. The intern did a great job screening. Asked the right questions. I think the intern figured I was over qualified for the position, but the conversation continued as I was still interested.

However, the conversation went into a silent mode after the intern said the position only offers 45K a year. At my current, job I even started higher than 45K with less experience.
    Way too low of a salary for the bay area. I decided not to move forward.

I think this position is great for a recent college graduate, not for someone with more than a year experience.

Decided not to move forward on my own.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Actuate in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through their online portal system and was contacted by their recruiter within a week of applying. The recruiter set a time for us to speak, but then missed the appointment altogether. I specifically rearranged my lunch break so that I could speak with her and then she did not show up. I emailed her later that day saying "what happened?" She replied saying, "we had a work function that ran longer than expected." What if I, the applicant, were to miss an interview like she did? Would they give me a second chance? Most likely not, but since they have something I want (the job), I have to continue showing interest and not be disrespectful. Plus, she didn't even apologize for missing the appointment. I eventually spoke with her and she coordinate a time for me to speak with the hiring manager.

After speaking with the hiring manager, she said the recruiter would get back to me with next steps or not interested. Having not heard from the recruiter in 2 weeks, I emailed her asking what the status was... no response. I know I didn't get offered the position but a little professional courtesy would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• The job posting was very limited and basic so you couldn't get a good feel for the position. I had to ask very detailed questions to the hiring manager to learn more.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first with hiring manager, then a team member followed by a VP. All were very smart and articulate. There were a couple of interesting questions from the VP as I was not knowledgeable about the business space, but I quickly shifted to state I was eager to learn the business to be a successful contributor for the long haul.

Negotiation

Yes I did negotiate, was very pleased with my offer package.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Actuate.

Interview

The hiring process began with several phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. Then brought in for in-person meetings with the direct manager, reports and executives. Questions and discussion involved providing details on projects, ROI, management capabilities, relevant audience profile experience and success with similar environments. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were relevant to the role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a great interview experience at Actuate. I applied online the same day the position was posted. I was contacted by HR via e-mail 2 business days later. I had a phone screen with HR the next day and a phone screen with a team member the same day. They brought me in for some panel interviews with the hiring manager and team the following week. I received an offer a week later. The final step was to run a background and reference check which takes about a week. The process was very smooth and everyone was in close communication with me throughout the whole process which took about a month from application to start date.

OEM Major Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I talked to the HR recruiter and we went over my experiences as well as what they were looking for. It was a fit from our perspecitves and she set up a time for a face to face with the Director of Sales. Director of Sales and I met for almost 2 hours but it only seemed like 30 minutes because our meeting went extremely well. The Director of Sales then sit a meeting for me to talk to the VP of Sales and the CEO. These two meeting also went extremely well.

Interview Questions

• I would not say any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Typical past experience questions and questions to get an understanding of your work ethic and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation were fairly easy. They offered me a very competitive package.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fast, friendly, and very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• There were none. Simply put, they are looking for good people who can do the work and fit into the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy- I asked for a draw and was given one.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Actuate in August 2013.

Interview

HR is really nice and keep the update in time. I got a telephone interview with the hire manager and the onsite interview was one week after that.There were 5 people chatting with me. The whole onsite interview was technical.The questions are about data structure(Binary Tree) , Muti-Thread programming and some basic knowledge. The interview went smooth.

Interview Questions

• Some basic question I almost ignored , but luckily , I eventually found out the answer.   Answer Question