Actuate

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.9

Associate Entitlement Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Actuate.

Very basic process. Phone interview with HR to see if I was qualified. Phone interview with some technical people to see if I was a suitable candidate. In-person interview with other Entitlement Sales Engineers and also the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work here?" "What skills can you bring to the position?"   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because I felt the pay was fairly reasonable

Marketing Specialist Interview

interviewed at Actuate in August 2014.

I interviewed for the Marketing Specialist position. I was screened by an intern who was working in the company. The intern did a great job screening. Asked the right questions. I think the intern figured I was over qualified for the position, but the conversation continued as I was still interested.

However, the conversation went into a silent mode after the intern said the position only offers 45K a year. At my current, job I even started higher than 45K with less experience.
    Way too low of a salary for the bay area. I decided not to move forward.

I think this position is great for a recent college graduate, not for someone with more than a year experience.

Decided not to move forward on my own.

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Actuate in July 2014.

I applied through their online portal system and was contacted by their recruiter within a week of applying. The recruiter set a time for us to speak, but then missed the appointment altogether. I specifically rearranged my lunch break so that I could speak with her and then she did not show up. I emailed her later that day saying "what happened?" She replied saying, "we had a work function that ran longer than expected." What if I, the applicant, were to miss an interview like she did? Would they give me a second chance? Most likely not, but since they have something I want (the job), I have to continue showing interest and not be disrespectful. Plus, she didn't even apologize for missing the appointment. I eventually spoke with her and she coordinate a time for me to speak with the hiring manager.

After speaking with the hiring manager, she said the recruiter would get back to me with next steps or not interested. Having not heard from the recruiter in 2 weeks, I emailed her asking what the status was... no response. I know I didn't get offered the position but a little professional courtesy would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • The job posting was very limited and basic so you couldn't get a good feel for the position. I had to ask very detailed questions to the hiring manager to learn more.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Actuate in April 2014.

Two rounds of interviews, first with hiring manager, then a team member followed by a VP. All were very smart and articulate. There were a couple of interesting questions from the VP as I was not knowledgeable about the business space, but I quickly shifted to state I was eager to learn the business to be a successful contributor for the long haul.

Yes I did negotiate, was very pleased with my offer package.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Actuate.

The hiring process began with several phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. Then brought in for in-person meetings with the direct manager, reports and executives. Questions and discussion involved providing details on projects, ROI, management capabilities, relevant audience profile experience and success with similar environments. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were relevant to the role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Actuate in February 2014.

I had a great interview experience at Actuate. I applied online the same day the position was posted. I was contacted by HR via e-mail 2 business days later. I had a phone screen with HR the next day and a phone screen with a team member the same day. They brought me in for some panel interviews with the hiring manager and team the following week. I received an offer a week later. The final step was to run a background and reference check which takes about a week. The process was very smooth and everyone was in close communication with me throughout the whole process which took about a month from application to start date.

OEM Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Actuate in November 2013.

I talked to the HR recruiter and we went over my experiences as well as what they were looking for. It was a fit from our perspecitves and she set up a time for a face to face with the Director of Sales. Director of Sales and I met for almost 2 hours but it only seemed like 30 minutes because our meeting went extremely well. The Director of Sales then sit a meeting for me to talk to the VP of Sales and the CEO. These two meeting also went extremely well.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Typical past experience questions and questions to get an understanding of your work ethic and personality.   Answer Question
    The negotiation were fairly easy. They offered me a very competitive package.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Actuate in October 2013.

The interview process was fast, friendly, and very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. Simply put, they are looking for good people who can do the work and fit into the corporate culture.   Answer Question
    Easy- I asked for a draw and was given one.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Actuate in August 2013.

HR is really nice and keep the update in time. I got a telephone interview with the hire manager and the onsite interview was one week after that.There were 5 people chatting with me. The whole onsite interview was technical.The questions are about data structure(Binary Tree) , Muti-Thread programming and some basic knowledge. The interview went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic question I almost ignored , but luckily , I eventually found out the answer.   Answer Question

Network Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Actuate.

Had two phone interviews and then came in for in person interview. Came in and spoke to several people. Hiring managers made it out to be no real issues within the hiring department and others had an big issue with the previous employee in the position and with the department in general. I couldn't get a clear picture of what I would be getting myself into or whether this was what I was looking for. All Directors and VPs had 10+ years within the company.

This company requires you to submit proof of your current salary before they will extend an offer. No surprise that the offer you will receive is the same or just slightly higher than what you are currently making. I feel offers should be based on the duties are responsibilities you will be performing in your new position, not on your previous position. I was also skeptical about growth within this company.