Actuate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 4, 2015

Licensing and Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Actuate (Foster City, CA).

Interview

You will be grilled and made to believe you are worthless. Will be asked about the reasoning for working with previous companies, previous work positions and previous certificates/degrees. Then will be told you could have taken something else much better. They are very aggressive during the interview process and expect quick replies.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you are a good fit with your experience and degree choices?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first with hiring manager, then a team member followed by a VP. All were very smart and articulate. There were a couple of interesting questions from the VP as I was not knowledgeable about the business space, but I quickly shifted to state I was eager to learn the business to be a successful contributor for the long haul.

Negotiation

Yes I did negotiate, was very pleased with my offer package.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a great interview experience at Actuate. I applied online the same day the position was posted. I was contacted by HR via e-mail 2 business days later. I had a phone screen with HR the next day and a phone screen with a team member the same day. They brought me in for some panel interviews with the hiring manager and team the following week. I received an offer a week later. The final step was to run a background and reference check which takes about a week. The process was very smooth and everyone was in close communication with me throughout the whole process which took about a month from application to start date.

OEM Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I talked to the HR recruiter and we went over my experiences as well as what they were looking for. It was a fit from our perspecitves and she set up a time for a face to face with the Director of Sales. Director of Sales and I met for almost 2 hours but it only seemed like 30 minutes because our meeting went extremely well. The Director of Sales then sit a meeting for me to talk to the VP of Sales and the CEO. These two meeting also went extremely well.

Interview Questions

• I would not say any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Typical past experience questions and questions to get an understanding of your work ethic and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation were fairly easy. They offered me a very competitive package.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fast, friendly, and very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• There were none. Simply put, they are looking for good people who can do the work and fit into the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy- I asked for a draw and was given one.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

HR person was super nice; however, hiring manager ditched me twice on scheduled calls.

Interview Questions

• never seen a company where the hiring manager is so rude and ditches people twice   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very bad process. I was scheduled with 5 interviews, out of which 2 interviewers did not showed up. I am not sure what the interviewers where expecting from me. At the end of the interview I thought I did well but it wasnt it seems. Had questions such as implementing a reverse linked list, implementing a queue in java and some questions on design patterns

Interview Questions

• reversing a link list, queue implementation and design pattern questions   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Called for Architect position interview after initial phone screening by hiring manager and also HR and they confirmed the my requirements on salary Range . Next day after the interview , HR called and told me that they liked me and i am thru the interview . The Hr also took my last three employment salary details . But the next day after that , the recruiter tells me that, they are not going to extend the offer as they cant offered to pay my desired ball park number!! . I see its big waste of time and looks like they don't know their own budget before starting the process and wasting my time as well as their employees time (like 6hs!) . It looks like there is exact same time of review for exact same type of position by some one else . As a reputed organization , Actuate should pay attention to their hiring process and stop wasting peoples time/efforts.

Interview Questions

• Simple, with some programming on basic comp science stuff   Answer Question

Compliance Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward. I applied as the job opening was listed on a college job forum. I got a call from HR the very next day, the day after I was interviewed by Technical staff and with a break of one day the 4th day I was called for 1:1 interview. The 5th day I had the offer letter. I have taken several interviews before I got hired at Actuate but this was by far the best interview process i saw.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question i thought was difficult was about time-speed-distance relationship, where i had to use a simple formula to find out where two car heading towards each other at x and y speed will meet each other. Later i found out there is no definitive answer to this question. Interviewer only want to asses how analytical you are how do you approach a problem. I was ask several technical questions related to the position and based on what i had on my resume mentioned as expertise.   1 Answer