Actuate

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Actuate in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews, first with hiring manager, then a team member followed by a VP. All were very smart and articulate. There were a couple of interesting questions from the VP as I was not knowledgeable about the business space, but I quickly shifted to state I was eager to learn the business to be a successful contributor for the long haul.

Negotiation Details – Yes I did negotiate, was very pleased with my offer package.

Sales Operations Interview

Sales Operations
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Actuate in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a great interview experience at Actuate. I applied online the same day the position was posted. I was contacted by HR via e-mail 2 business days later. I had a phone screen with HR the next day and a phone screen with a team member the same day. They brought me in for some panel interviews with the hiring manager and team the following week. I received an offer a week later. The final step was to run a background and reference check which takes about a week. The process was very smooth and everyone was in close communication with me throughout the whole process which took about a month from application to start date.

OEM Major Account Manager Interview

OEM Major Account Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Actuate in November 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to the HR recruiter and we went over my experiences as well as what they were looking for. It was a fit from our perspecitves and she set up a time for a face to face with the Director of Sales. Director of Sales and I met for almost 2 hours but it only seemed like 30 minutes because our meeting went extremely well. The Director of Sales then sit a meeting for me to talk to the VP of Sales and the CEO. These two meeting also went extremely well.

Interview Question – I would not say any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Typical past experience questions and questions to get an understanding of your work ethic and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation were fairly easy. They offered me a very competitive package.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Actuate in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fast, friendly, and very straightforward.

Interview Question – There were none. Simply put, they are looking for good people who can do the work and fit into the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy- I asked for a draw and was given one.

Compliance Sales Engineer Interview

Compliance Sales Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Actuate in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very straight forward. I applied as the job opening was listed on a college job forum. I got a call from HR the very next day, the day after I was interviewed by Technical staff and with a break of one day the 4th day I was called for 1:1 interview. The 5th day I had the offer letter. I have taken several interviews before I got hired at Actuate but this was by far the best interview process i saw.

Interview Question – The most difficult question i thought was difficult was about time-speed-distance relationship, where i had to use a simple formula to find out where two car heading towards each other at x and y speed will meet each other. Later i found out there is no definitive answer to this question. Interviewer only want to asses how analytical you are how do you approach a problem. I was ask several technical questions related to the position and based on what i had on my resume mentioned as expertise.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Mateo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Actuate in May 2013.

Interview Details – HR person was super nice; however, hiring manager ditched me twice on scheduled calls.

Interview Question – never seen a company where the hiring manager is so rude and ditches people twice   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Actuate in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very bad process. I was scheduled with 5 interviews, out of which 2 interviewers did not showed up. I am not sure what the interviewers where expecting from me. At the end of the interview I thought I did well but it wasnt it seems.
Had questions such as implementing a reverse linked list, implementing a queue in java and some questions on design patterns

Interview Question – reversing a link list, queue implementation and design pattern questions   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Actuate in November 2012.

Interview Details – Called for Architect position interview after initial phone screening by hiring manager and also HR and they confirmed the my requirements on salary Range . Next day after the interview , HR called and told me that they liked me and i am thru the interview . The Hr also took my last three employment salary details . But the next day after that , the recruiter tells me that, they are not going to extend the offer as they cant offered to pay my desired ball park number!! . I see its big waste of time and looks like they don't know their own budget before starting the process and wasting my time as well as their employees time (like 6hs!) . It looks like there is exact same time of review for exact same type of position by some one else . As a reputed organization , Actuate should pay attention to their hiring process and stop wasting peoples time/efforts.

Interview Question – Simple, with some programming on basic comp science stuff   Answer Question

Worked for Actuate? Contribute to the Community!