Acuitus Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

General Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acuitus in December 2010.

The hiring process is some cold calling, logic tests, interviews, and a lot of waiting.

Acuitus is known for being a company that takes a notoriously long time to process applications through. I hope you all have better luck than I did.

For whatever reason, I'm not sure why they don't streamline their processes more.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Acuitus in March 2010.

The recruiter was not well organized when she contacted me. Several reschedules of the interview. Miscommunication. I still wanted to give it a try.

These guys think and act like Java experts. Soon you realize that is not the case. Few of them rude as well. You counter with other questions to make it like a discussion. They don't like it. Because, they do not the answer!

* Overall chaos during the entire interview process
    * Unprofessional behavior
    * No true talents to work with

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Acuitus in March 2010.

Round 1 of the interview process consists of completing a 1 hour online test about Java classes and methods as well as some problem solving questions. In regards to the Java questions, you should know about the Thread class and concurrency. You should also know about static classes and scope of instance variables. A lot of the questions are true and false but read them carefully and use the Internet to verify your answers. Make sure that you complete the test in 1 hour. 30 minutes would probably be ideal.

I did not pass Round 1 and did not receive a phone interview with them. However they did give me a response 2 days after I completed the test and that was nice. If you make it to Round2 of the interview process, my lab partner said that they ask you to submit sample Java code that is non trivial.

Executive Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Acuitus in August 2009.

Applied for the position online, it was actually a logic test (quite simple). Then a couple of days later received an email stating they were impressed with my responses and would like a copy of my resume. I emailed that to their recruiter. A couple of weeks later, received another email stating they were "impressed" with my qualifications and set up a time for a phone interview the following day. The recruiter called (about 5 minutes late) was friendly but unprepared. Spoke for several minutes about the company and what they do. Asked a few basic general behavioral interview questions (greatest challenge, etc). And that was about it. The next day received an email stating my qualifications were not what they were looking for. Very interesting company, however the recruiter comes off as very young, unprofessional and inexperienced.

Interview Questions

Worked for Acuitus? Contribute to the Community!