Acuity Brands Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.9

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Acuity Brands.

Interview

Not a structured interview process. Interviewers asked irrelevant questions, off topic sometimes. However, staff are really friendly. A 30 mins phone interview and then follow by a panel interview on site. Why do you want to leave your current job? Why do you want this job? How do you resolve conflicts?

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience and bunch of behavior questions.   Answer Question

Engineer - Conyers Georgia Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA).

Interview

I found what looked to be a great opportunity at Acuity via a headhunter - a seemingly perfect match to my considerable skills and experience. I was a bit reluctant due to the reviews on Glassdoor, but plodded ahead anyway. Bottom line is that my wife used to be a lawyer and has trained me well. Acuity required that an application must be filled out before anything further is done. A big red flag went up when required fields in the education fields popped up. Graduation dates cannot be asked until after an offer to hire is extended (per federal law), as it reveals applicant age (alas, I am over 40), to prevent any suggestion of discrimination. Suddenly they lost interest - imagine that - I went from the perfect candidate to their refusal to answer phone calls, and have handed it over to the EEOC, with the hope that they'll straighten it out for the next guy in line.

Interview Questions

• Required online application asked for an indication of my age.   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acuity Brands.

Interview

It was a panel type interview conducted by two people. The interview was very relaxed and I was immediately comfortable. It was probably the only interview I've had that I actually enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were especially difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acuity Brands (Winona, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied at a temp agency for a variety of jobs. Based on my past jobs they recommended a few factory jobs. I picked Acuity and they hired me on the spot contingent I passes a drug test. Acuity themselves never interviewed me.

Buyer Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Acuity Brands (Crawfordsville, IN).

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview, offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. "Here's the offer".

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acuity Brands (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview on a Thursday, was called on Monday for a face to face interview on the next Thursday. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• It was not a difficult interview. I was asked why do I want to work for Acuity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have asked for more money in the interview. I did not negotiate. They offered me what I asked for.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA).

Interview

Did not interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told what my rate would be.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting a resume to a post online. Was brought in as part of a nation-wide engineering hiring event. Had two full days of interviews. Some one on one and a few with a team of VP's asking management related questions. I found out during my interview with the plant manager that I was over qualified for the engineer manager position. I was selected as one of the last two candidates.

I was called back by the VP of R&D to discuss a Sr. Stream Value Manager position that he felt I was more qualified for. He conducted a phone interview since he had already met face to face to review the job description. At the end of the interview I asked him what the next steps would be. He said that it was a good fit for him and that his boss would need to talk to me to complete the process. His boss was to call me that week. Never heard from him. About 10 days later my recruiter called and said that my salary requirements were out of their range. No negotiations. They knew my salary requirements before my first interview. A bit frustrated with the whole process. I really liked this company and know I could have made a difference here. I recently saw both jobs posted again.

Interview Questions

• With two full days and over 10 interviews from their engineering team and HR, I did not feel there were any really tough questions other than how I would go about my job if I was thrown in certain situations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Acuity Brands (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Process seemed organized yet very cold and impersonal. I felt as though I was part of an assembly line being passed from one to the next. The final interview with the hiring manager was very abrupt and cold. Felt very rushed. After I, as well as others, was flown to the corporate office but up in a hotel with a rental car, the position was cancelled. For an organization that claims to be process oriented, it seems this position was not well thought out. Moreover, six weeks after the interview I am still waiting for an expense reimbursement. Not at all impressed. Huge waste of time, money and effort.

Interview Questions

• What project did you complete and what corporate goal was it associated with?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Interview

Be prepared to talk about your current or previous job around the methodology used for project management. You would probably interview with 2 or 3 (Other BSA(s), Project Manager(s), and/or Developer).