Acumen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

The whole process took about two months - including a writing test, a phone interview, and an in-person interview at Burlingame office. The on-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours. First, I was asked to do an one-hour test on logic and statistics. Following this I spoke with researchers from different project groups. Everyone I met was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jun 26, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience through our application process.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen.

Interview

Thorough and fair. Be prepared to discuss the challenge they send you. The interviewer seemed to rush through my answers to the questions... but maybe I just want answering satisfactorily. They also asked about data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• What is are examples of data analysis projects you worked on previously?   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your review. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Acumen (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Received an excel data test, followed by a phone interview with a senior analyst who went over my test. I was notified the decision one week later. For the entire interview, I was not asked anything about myself or my experience, feeling like nobody cares.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jun 1, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

Applied for Statistical Analyst at Burlingame, CA office. Got a call from HR to set up a phone interview a week later. It was 10-15 minutes of background info and salary expectation. "You should hear back from me in a week," she said. Great. A week later no response. So I waited for another week. Again, no response. Concerned, I emailed her for a status update. She didn't even bother responding. So I called and left voice mails. Nothing. By then I knew she wasn't interested in my candidacy--which I was okay with. However, when someone promised to respond but didn't, and lacked the professionalism to reply to your email and voice mail, that's not okay. In fact, it's deeply disrespectful. I was really, really upset.

I ended up with another company, and I got promoted to manager in two years. Some time ago I learned that this same woman was applying for a position at my firm. Immediately, I emailed the head of HR voicing my ambivalence about her candidacy. Sure enough she got rejected the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Acumen? What is your background? What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

May 4, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review. We apologize for any delay in getting back to you. We reply to every application, e-mail and voice mail in a timely manner.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen.

Interview

four rounds of one-one interview plus a lunch with two more interviewees. They basically asked about the same questions(your research experience), except one interviewees asked about three very simple SAS programming questions.

Interview Questions

• pick one experience from you resume and walk me through it   Answer Question

May 4, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for leaving a review.

Data Security Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a request for a phone interview about 3 months after applying. I ended up doing two phone interviews and then was asked to fly out and interview in person. Phone interviews went well but the in person ones were a bit of a mess. No one really seemed to have any clue as to what the job I was applying for would entail. Opinions varied and some offered completely contradictory roles. The salary offer dropped considerably in person as well. One of my interviewers showed up in sweats and food in his beard, was expecting something a bit more professional. No offer, not sure I would take one considering how the interview process played out.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

May 4, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking time to review Acumen, LLC. We appreciate your comments.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked to finish a excel test and then I got a phone interview. The interview went for about 30 mins with a senior analyst and mainly talked about researches that i've done. He was nice and patient. And after one week I got an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about experience in data analysis? in team work?   Answer Question

May 4, 2015Senior Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review.

Interview

Prior to the interview, candidates have to complete a quantitative exercise. The main purpose is to demonstrate your analytical and problem-solving skills.

The interview began with a 30 minute test that is similar in format to the GRE. I then interviewed with three different pairs of people. One of the interviewers reviewed the quantitative exercise that I had completed prior to the exam. Everyone was very nice and demonstrated a strong aptitude in the field. Some of the work sounded very interesting (e.g., machine learning).

Interview Questions

• No one particular question stood out as especially difficult.   Answer Question

Data and Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Acumen.

Interview

explain your research or project experiences, what's your data analysis experiences, how well do you know SAS, how did you determine the statistical model in your project, tell us about your self, tell us about your project, do you have any questions for me.

Negotiation

they add a couple of thousands to what i asked

We appreciate your time, thank you.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Acumen in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then got a mail for phone interview. Initially, started with basic questions on oops, database queries. Questions on oops were why is java better than C. Used a screen sharing tool for code. Write a code to reverse a string and then make your code recursive

Interview Questions

• Questions on oops were why is java better than C. Used a screen sharing tool for code. Write a code to reverse a string and then make your code recursive   Answer Question