Acumen Quantitative Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Acumen.

Interview

I was initially contacted to analyze a set of data concerning patients grouped in various manners (age, payment method, stay of visit, out patient, etc.) I only had to analyze one sheet worth and information and provide only a single page write up. After this, I had a phone interview with rather basic questions to get to know me, go over my resume, and see if I was interested for the job. We didn't speak about the excel analysis as that was only for the in person interview. Afterward, I received an email stating they didn't want to move forward without an explanation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Acumen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR person 3 weeks after I submitted application online. Phone interviewed by one person, and was invited to an onsite interview 1 week after. 4 1 on 1 interview with mostly project leads, and lunch with the interview from phone screen. People there are pretty nice. I was contacted a week later for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. Just go through my resume and experience. But it depends, someone might face case interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial impression of the office was shock at how unprofessional the interview sessions were. One of the interviewers casually dropped the F bomb 5 minutes into the interview. I'm all for a causal work environment, but this is NOT the first impression you want to make during talent recruiting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's little room for negotiation, knowing that there are people lining up to take their offers

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

first a phone interview, then I got invited to onsite. Skills test is quite simple. Then four 1:1 interviews, they talked about the projects they've been working on to see if you're a good fit for the team. Just like other reviews said, be sure to elaborate on your quantitative research experience. As for the company, the employees seem nice and really smart. The whole onsite process took 4.5 hours. It's quite exhausting, so come prepared.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy, people were fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Acumen?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Filled out salary requirement on application form.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Went in and got a skills test first, some logic, statistics, and probability questions, not too hard if you have taken introductory stats. Then went to three one-on-one interviews from different department / level. The organization doesn't impress me at all because it was flooded with recent grads who are pretty full of themselves (and were even trash-talking in the cafeteria room, absolutely lack professionalism and dress code). Two of the people I interviewed with are supposed to be "managers" who by the looks seem not competent. Don't even bother interviewing simply for the fact that it took them one month to give an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It took them at least a month after I sent in my resume for them to contact me for an interview. The interview included a stats test with basic probability questions - if you've studied for the GRE you will likely do well. Then I met with a series of people working on different projects within the company to determine a fit.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen.

Interview

phone interview and test

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through the career website, a few days later had a phone interview with 2 research assistants. They were both fairly new employees - were at the company for about a year. One of them sounded super nervous which i found strange. Then had several interview in DC office after taking a 1-hr test. I didn't really prepare for it - it was logic questions and some probability including combinatorics and such which i haven't look at in 10 years. The in person interviews (there were about 5 them) were extremely repetitive. It seemed like they were given a cheat sheet and they were all using it word to word. The environenment was very unprofessional. One of the girls who interviewed my had a very low cut shirt.

Interview Questions

• Describe the code you used for your graduate school research paper.   1 Answer

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen in October 2011.

Interview

The entire process took a long time. The interviews were easy and the people were very nice and fun to talk to.