Acumen

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quantitative Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Acumen.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted to analyze a set of data concerning patients grouped in various manners (age, payment method, stay of visit, out patient, etc.) I only had to analyze one sheet worth and information and provide only a single page write up. After this, I had a phone interview with rather basic questions to get to know me, go over my resume, and see if I was interested for the job. We didn't speak about the excel analysis as that was only for the in person interview. Afterward, I received an email stating they didn't want to move forward without an explanation.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a research project   Answer Question

Burlingame, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Acumen in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR person 3 weeks after I submitted application online. Phone interviewed by one person, and was invited to an onsite interview 1 week after. 4 1 on 1 interview with mostly project leads, and lunch with the interview from phone screen. People there are pretty nice. I was contacted a week later for an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. Just go through my resume and experience. But it depends, someone might face case interviews.   Answer Question

Burlingame, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acumen in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial impression of the office was shock at how unprofessional the interview sessions were. One of the interviewers casually dropped the F bomb 5 minutes into the interview. I'm all for a causal work environment, but this is NOT the first impression you want to make during talent recruiting

Interview Question – How to approach a simple epidemiology question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's little room for negotiation, knowing that there are people lining up to take their offers

Burlingame, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acumen in March 2012.

Interview Details – first a phone interview, then I got invited to onsite. Skills test is quite simple. Then four 1:1 interviews, they talked about the projects they've been working on to see if you're a good fit for the team. Just like other reviews said, be sure to elaborate on your quantitative research experience. As for the company, the employees seem nice and really smart. The whole onsite process took 4.5 hours. It's quite exhausting, so come prepared.

Interview Question – walk me through your resume.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Burlingame, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acumen in June 2011.

Interview Details – Quick and easy, people were fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Filled out salary requirement on application form.

Burlingame, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Acumen in September 2010.

Interview Details – Went in and got a skills test first, some logic, statistics, and probability questions, not too hard if you have taken introductory stats. Then went to three one-on-one interviews from different department / level. The organization doesn't impress me at all because it was flooded with recent grads who are pretty full of themselves (and were even trash-talking in the cafeteria room, absolutely lack professionalism and dress code). Two of the people I interviewed with are supposed to be "managers" who by the looks seem not competent. Don't even bother interviewing simply for the fact that it took them one month to give an interview.

Burlingame, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Acumen in August 2010.

Interview Details – It took them at least a month after I sent in my resume for them to contact me for an interview. The interview included a stats test with basic probability questions - if you've studied for the GRE you will likely do well. Then I met with a series of people working on different projects within the company to determine a fit.

Quantitative Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Acumen in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through the career website, a few days later had a phone interview with 2 research assistants. They were both fairly new employees - were at the company for about a year. One of them sounded super nervous which i found strange. Then had several interview in DC office after taking a 1-hr test. I didn't really prepare for it - it was logic questions and some probability including combinatorics and such which i haven't look at in 10 years. The in person interviews (there were about 5 them) were extremely repetitive. It seemed like they were given a cheat sheet and they were all using it word to word. The environenment was very unprofessional. One of the girls who interviewed my had a very low cut shirt.

Interview Question – Describe the code you used for your graduate school research paper.   View Answer

Quantitative Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acumen.

Interview Details – phone interview and test

Interview Question – explain the details about my project   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acumen in January 2010.

Interview Details – interview includes a skills test as part of the first on site interview series. There was a second on site interview to meet more managers but that may not apply to everyone. A huge plus if you have internal referral.

Interview Question – Be prepared with questions about your analytic background, especially any research you may have done. Prepare technical details   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acumen

Worked for Acumen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acumen Quantitative Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Acumen employees and interview candidates.