Acumen

Acumen Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen.

Worst recruiting of any company I've ever worked with. Completely unresponsive to emails, even after showing initial interest. Forced me to wait more than a month without any indication of my candidacy.

No wonder your talent is so mediocre--who in their right mind would be willing to work for you?

Other Interview Reviews for Acumen

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Acumen.

on campus interview then four interviews on site.

Research Analyst Interview

Long. Met a lot of people from the company. Not too boring though.

I decided to go to grad school instead.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Acumen in April 2013.

I first spoke with a representative at a career fair at my university in January. Sent in an application for a position in the web communications department in early February, got invited for a phone interview early March. Within two weeks after the initial phone interview, I was invited for an on site interview, where I spoke with various members of the web comm team. Everyone was really personable and gave honest answers to any questions I had about their experience in web comm/Acumen. A few days later I was invited to a final phone interview with an organizational development director, where she asked a couple of normal interview questions as well as others to gauge personality/fit for the team and briefly discussed salary requirements. She was personable and I was told that I would receive a decision in 2-3 weeks (even if they don't finish interviewing other candidates), but I received an email 2 weeks later saying that they could not offer me a position. The entire process took a little over 3 months and included 3 total rounds of interviews.

Research Analyst Interview

Submitted resume online, and interviewed by phone by a current research analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but I was expecting interview to be basic HR screening interview which it wasn't.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Acumen in January 2013.

Initially, I sent in a resume and cover letter and was contacted three weeks later with a "writing test"-- they went me some Medicare data and had me answer a few questions about it (this was actually very time consuming). After I sent this in, about a week later I was contacted for a phone interview. I interviewed with someone who had a PhD in Epidemiology; he was very friendly and the interview was pretty standard, asked about my interests and experience (definitely prepare to answer in-depth questions about your research experience including technical details, I wasn't that prepared for this). A few days later they emailed me and set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a 4-hour process including an IQ/basic statistics test (1 hour), and 4 one-on-one interviews with different analysts. The in-person interview questions were pretty standard and a little repetitive. I was a little nervous but thought the interview went well overall; but I was emailed about a week later and was not offered a position. The office in Burlingame was a bit unprofessional, but I actually appreciated this because the environment is casual but they get a lot of good work done.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview went into detail about my technical research experience. In the in-person interview, be prepared to answer questions about the writing/data exercise you did for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen in November 2012.

I initially applied online and heard from them about a week later to do a writing test based on some Medicare data. Two weeks later, I was contacted about an interview. The interview began with a basic statistics/logic test, and then I had three separate interviews. Each of the interviewers were extremely passionate about their work, which left me with a very positive impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straightforward -- most of them revolved around my interest in healthcare and my relevant experience and courses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Acumen in October 2011.

I applied online and was invited to the workplace for a half-day's worth of interviews. I was applying for two different positions, so I had 3 interviews - one with a manager, one with an analyst from a division I was applying for, and another interview with another analyst from a different division that I was also applying into. I also took a short logic test that was pretty easy. I was called a few days later to meet for 2 more short interviews before I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

The work environment is completely unprofessional and frankly, ghetto. It's like being in a sloppy old university building with a bunch of students who haven't learned what professionalism is yet. Almost everyone is in their early 20's and some analysts were literally in their PJs both times I visited - really sloppy. I didn't meet anybody that had a PhD, and even the more "senior" managers I met with were just college kids with BA degrees that had been there for a couple years. I didn't even meet anybody with a Master's. Acumen seemed like an awful environment for a recent college graduate who would also like mentorship to nurture an actual career, because their management structure is the blind leading the blind. Also, the offer I received was incredibly low - the manager that offered me the position said they like to pay new hires a low salary at first, and have them prove themselves. That's fine - but with the poor work environment they provide, they should really be paying new hires really well, or else good talent will go elsewhere. Strategies like that made me really doubt the caliber of worker that comes to Acumen. For the good of your career, I highly recommend avoiding this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen in July 2011.

Applied online and was invited for a phone interview after 1 business day. The phone interviewer asked general questions about related experiences and gave brief information about the company, nothing much to stress about. Waited about 1 day after the phone interview to get invited for an in-person interview. Company does reimburse for travel expenses which is very nice. Other interview reviews stated that it took weeks to get interview invites, but it probably depends on each candidate abilities and the perceived "fit-ness" with the company by the people reading your files/interviewing you.

At the interview, an hour-long logic/statistics test was given in the beginning, which wasn't too hard if you took stats classes before. I had 4 1-on-1 interviews afterwards, everyone was very nice and down to earth, nothing to stress about. Make sure you can talk about your experiences and if possible expand on them, and show that you've done research on the company. I finished the interview after 3 hours, and waited about a week to receive a job offer. Overall the interview experiences was good. The person responsible for scheduling my interview itinerary was also pretty responsive and got back to me within 1 business day.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about a probability question   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acumen.

Learned about Acumen through a job fair and took an assessment test for them shortly afterward. Employees seemed to be predominantly young, recent graduates. Took them two and a half weeks to get back to me after submitting my application online. Phone interview was with a current Research Analyst who I would potentially work with.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interviewer didn't have many questions for me. I believe he expected me to ask most of the questions, which I was not prepared for.   Answer Question